• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm just kidding. Of course he wouldn't be a GM, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have input.

I wonder what Peyton Manning would be like as a coach. Many times the top players in the league just don't end up being suitable for coaching.
In fact they pretty rarely do. The best players are rarely the best teachers. They can't turn it off.

I wouldn't want Peyton or Ray within a thousand yards of coaching an NFL team I rooted for. They can't turn it off. They'll still think they're better than the guys they're trying to teach.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Captain obvious.
EFAF103A-C994-4261-B3D7-F2D9AE079D02.gif

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
In fact they pretty rarely do. The best players are rarely the best teachers. They can't turn it off.

I wouldn't want Peyton or Ray within a thousand yards of coaching an NFL team I rooted for. They can't turn it off. They'll still think they're better than the guys they're trying to teach.
I think peyton could possibly do it if anyone else cant.. only because he was basically the oc already. Maybe a pass game coordinator of some kind? Now guys like ray and brady, they wouldnt make it..

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think peyton could possibly do it if anyone else cant.. only because he was basically the oc already. Maybe a pass game coordinator of some kind? Now guys like ray and brady, they wouldnt make it..

I think if I had to choose between the 2, Brady would be my bet.

Simba

Staff Member
I honestly don't think Peyton could do it. He just saw the game so differently than everyone else. Hard to expect his players to have the same viewpoint when he's one of a kind.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s a reason Ray didn’t last long as an analyst. lol
Ray is still brought in from time to time as an analyst but does speaking engagements between $50,000 - $100,000 just to talk or to be the "hype up man" (as some of y'all Ravens fans used to say about him when he played) for their corporations or schools etc. Not a bad chunk of change for the hype! :cool:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I honestly don't think Peyton could do it. He just saw the game so differently than everyone else. Hard to expect his players to have the same viewpoint when he's one of a kind.
true.. i think he can atleast be some type of an advisor or something though.. probably would have to create a specific job for his ass. I think he will eventually try something though..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ray is still brought in from time to time as an analyst but does speaking engagements between $50,000 - $100,000 just to talk or to be the "hype up man" (as some of y'all Ravens fans used to say about him when he played) for their corporations or schools etc. Not a bad chunk of change for the hype! :cool:
Ray always talked to passionate for me.. id prolly be like flacco while he talking. I wanna hear some thug, lets go out there take these mfs heads off for trying to make sure your family dnt eat…. Type of speech

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
no. Manning was more known for his intelligence than Brady

I don’t know man, Brady’s ability to see the game and adjust is second to none. I’ve seen him succeed in so many different offenses that I can’t see it any other way

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ray always talked to passionate for me.. id prolly be like flacco while he talking. I wanna hear some thug, lets go out there take these mfs heads off for trying to make sure your family dnt eat…. Type of speech

Attitude is what you’re looking for. Passion. Someone who clearly cares

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

And if people think harbaugh is arrogant, wait til they see a Peyton manning trying to coach talking about “back when I was playing I did it this way”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
no. Manning was more known for his intelligence than Brady
Coaching qualities though? Brady’s got ten times the dog in him that Peyton had, Peyton was “my way or the highway” and seemed to put himself on a pedestal above the team, not that he didn’t deserve to and his offensive cast at times called for that, but Brady to me seems like he’d be much better at holding everyone accountable and staying reasonable and grounded as a coach. Peyton seems like he’d be an epic disaster as a coach, it’s just his personality

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Coaching qualities though? Brady’s got ten times the dog in him that Peyton had, Peyton was “my way or the highway” and seemed to put himself on a pedestal above the team, not that he didn’t deserve to and his offensive cast at times called for that, but Brady to me seems like he’d be much better at holding everyone accountable and staying reasonable and grounded as a coach. Peyton seems like he’d be an epic disaster as a coach, it’s just his personality
Well he is a coach. The PRO BOWL COACH!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Bradys mental is far too much for these new guys..his work ethic is also fking insane.. it would be like mj or kobe trying to be a coach for a team.. those dudes might be better suited for private lessons lol