• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Simba

Staff Member
He's not sitting out the year. Missing camp is a possibility but no way in hell is he skipping on a year closer to FA if he isn't moved
Agreed to an extent. Could absolutely see a scenario where he reports to the team week 10 or whatever (the last week to get an accrued year) and bends us over a barrel. But that would also impact his future earnings because we can do the same damn thing next year, and after 2 years of hardly playing, he's probably not getting the offer he thinks he should get. Ravens still hold most of the cards here.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The first thing I thought of with this tweet by Lamar right when Harbs was having his conference was imo this dude could have played
against Cincy and decided not to.

I have no idea why this is what popped into my head right then but it did.

It will all come out when hes traded.
Ravens can literally make lamar look bad by assuming he couldve played but you will never know the truth unless lamar says so.. do we realize that with lamar being the kind of qb he is, anything injury involving his lower body is a big risk for him if its still lingering.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Harbaugh certainly still thinks Lamar is going to stay. He went out of his way to repair every bridge in his presser.

Having thought about it, I don't think Lamar's tweet changes anything really.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
So the franchise tender and an offer sheet are different?
Yes.
Offer sheet is an actual contract another team can offer. The Ravens can then decide to match it (i.e. Sign Lamar to a longterm deal) or refuse it (i.e. They receive 2 1sts).
The tag is a one year deal which only pays out if Lamar signs it. But it's fully guaranteed. However once he signed it we can trade him for more or less than two 1sts. There is no rule for trade compensation

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now teams interested in Lamar will not give him an offer sheet and figure the Ravens are over a barrel and will trade him for as much as they can get which will now be less than two 1st rounders.
Lamar killed the Ravens negotiating leverage by tweeting he wanted to be traded. He has crippled our team with this tweet.
And he will also say imo hes not playing on the tag, further hurting our ability to get a decent return on a trade.

How do the Lamar homers feel now about him? Be honest.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll tell you what I find interesting... pretty much everything that has happened as led to one inevitable conclusion... Lamar is drastically overvaluing himself league-wide.

This request was March 2nd. That's at least a week before FA occurred. It's before anything of "note" happens in the offseason. And every single team in the league would 100% know this was out there.
And then the public went crazy with the "collusion" aspect of everybody publicly saying "they're out". Of course they're out. They knew three weeks ago what we know today. He wants out, and he wants heaps and heaps of $. And nobody wants to give it to him.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Now teams interested in Lamar will not give him an offer sheet and figure the Ravens are over a barrel and will trade him for as much as they can get which will now be less than two 1st rounders.
Lamar killed the Ravens negotiating leverage by tweeting he wanted to be traded. He has crippled our team with this tweet.
And he will also say imo hes not playing on the tag, further hurting our ability to get a decent return on a trade.

Or a team that dont wanna have a bidding war can just offer him exactly what he wants?

Simba

Staff Member

Or the Ravens don’t have to trade him. No leverage was killed. It gave the Ravens more

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Completely disagree.
Lamar has zero leverage. Every team in the league has had this info for 3 weeks, including what type of contract he's seeking. They could have done a trade before he even was tagged. Nothing happened.
And nothing happened because nobody is willing to meet Lamar's price today.

Ravens can do what they've been doing... sit back and let Lamar handle it all. He can find the team, he can negotiate the deal, and then the Ravens will handle the compensation and the agreement. They don't have to trade him. They can have him for $32M this year, or he can sit, do nothing, get paid nothing, and Steve is $32M richer.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Darlington is reporting as if it's fact that Lamar wants out of Baltimore and may be willing to take less money to do so.

Where do these people get the audacity to just lie? Could be true, but he doesn't know that

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'll tell you what I find interesting... pretty much everything that has happened as led to one inevitable conclusion... Lamar is drastically overvaluing himself league-wide.

This request was March 2nd. That's at least a week before FA occurred. It's before anything of "note" happens in the offseason. And every single team in the league would 100% know this was out there.
And then the public went crazy with the "collusion" aspect of everybody publicly saying "they're out". Of course they're out. They knew three weeks ago what we know today. He wants out, and he wants heaps and heaps of $. And nobody wants to give it to him.
I think if he wouldve asked for a trade today, something along these lines wouldve still been said.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

Will be very curious to see how this plays out. Originally it was said no team wanted to negotiate because they felt Baltimore would just match it anyways which implies that Baltimore will pay whatever the number is if it's presented. Except it won't be, because teams don't want to negotiate for

Weird spot to be in if you are Lamar. He really doesn't have leverage in the sense that he can't just pick up and leave if Baltimore doesn't give him something. It's on their terms

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The Ravens need to part ways with Lamar asap so they can get on with building the team for the future. We don’t need a QB that is basically a running back and plays maybe 6 games a year.
As it is, at this point we can probably write off next season.
God I’m sick of these practice squad trolls