• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Yeah as really think that that the Ravens and Lamar are not saying more than we are just needing to know. They have more than they care to share as it could be so much more but behind close doors.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can Lamar get tagged next season too or nah?

Yeah he can. What sucks for him is that they chose the nonexclusive for the first tag. The second tag is 120% of the salary from the previous season. He gonna get paid a lot less now with these 2 back-to-back tags, which makes me think he’s gonna play hardball and not sign anything until he has to. So either we trade him, or buckle up for a bumpy ass ride.. it’s gonna get messy

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can Lamar get tagged next season too or nah?
Not only can he get tagged again next year, but it will be far cheaper than we originally thought. Crazy to think about but two tags are definitely in play

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
I'm getting sick of this collusion and I wanted Lamar Jackson to know the fans still love him. I wrote him a couple long twitters giving him support. He has been treated so unfair. Just wanted him to know good things come to those that wait.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If allen was to get a deal right now, what would change? you think he would get a fully guaranteed?
Hell no.

If I just took Allen's deal from 2021, and adjusted it for salary cap inflation, call it a 25% raise across the board.

My guess is it would be 6 for $300-310M, probably $150M gtd at signing, and probably around $200-220M in total gtd $.

And I think if you offered that same deal to Lamar today, its 50/50 he would sign it, and I'd bet he wouldn't.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even if it doesnt work out like he planned, he still did the right thing for himself. The worst thing for him is getting a deal 2yrs ago, not going with his plan, then beating himself on “ what wouldve happened”
At the present day, there's literally no way he thinks "this is the right thing for myself". Like literally nothing has gone the way he wanted or he thought it should.
He wants to be traded, but literally nobody is offering him a trade.
He probably thinks the Ravens are going to go find a trade for him, but they're not, nor is it their job to do so in this case.
Not only did he get franchise tagged, but it was at a lower tag level than I guarantee he was expecting, and so its $13M less.
He's on pace to spend 6 years of his NFL career playing below market value, with no end in sight
Nobody has come close to meeting his contract demands, or shown any real interest in his services of any kind
And he's now publicly making the same requests that he made privately weeks earlier, because the previous request achieved nothing.

"What would've happened" is he'd be an absurdly rich person before he was 30. Today, he's trying to figure out if he'll even be playing football and getting paid for it this year.

We're many, many, many years away from figuring out whether Lamar made the right decision or not. But as it stands today, not even his momma could honestly say he has.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is most definitely not going to sign the Injury Tag. He is gonna get paid or sit.
Well its not an injury tag.
And if he wants to sit, then he can sit. See him again in February when he's still two years away from being a UFA, and his peers are significantly richer than he is. I'm sure his leverage will be higher then.

He can also just go find a trade partner. Nothing stopping him. Except for the whole "I want more $ than anybody will pay me" item. But I'm sure that's not a huge roadblock...

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'm getting sick of this collusion and I wanted Lamar Jackson to know the fans still love him. I wrote him a couple long twitters giving him support. He has been treated so unfair. Just wanted him to know good things come to those that wait.
I'm way past sick of all the drama one player has brought to the team. Lamar needs to recognize the situation, learn from the mistakes and hire an agent who will negotiate a proper contract. Either that or GTO and take his circus sideshow elsewhere.

Well I’m super excited that you sent him a couple twitters and told him you love him. Send him another one and tell him that there are allot of fans who are pissed at him for being so damn greedy and putting himself above all else. Tell him that if he wants to be a Raven, stop with the childish games, eat some humble pie , hire an agent, and get his ass back into a football state of mind.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully we’re on the right path with Monken and whoever our next QB is

Hopefully that's the case. I said it before a while ago but there is a conversation to be had about how we approach the draft as it pertains to offensive players and what we prioritize.

We've heard Lamar say before that he did not want to run (not that he wouldn't) and that we should be passing more. We've heard what the receivers have said before and even our RB brought up valid issues with the offense.

You start looking at it that way and it could be why Lamar might see himself differently

Hopefully that's the case. I said it before a while ago but there is a conversation to be had about how we approach the draft as it pertains to offensive players and what we prioritize.

We've heard Lamar say before that he did not want to run (not that he wouldn't) and that we should be passing more. We've heard what the receivers have said before and even our RB brought up valid issues with the offense.

You start looking at it that way and it could be why Lamar might see himself differently
I just hope that Harbaugh will give Monken the freedom to build an offense of his liking. Either way I suspect the offense will be built around the roster, which is heavily dependent on who QB1 is, and how the WR room looks.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just hope that Harbaugh will give Monken the freedom to build an offense of his liking. Either way I suspect the offense will be built around the roster, which is heavily dependent on who QB1 is, and how the WR room looks.

I don't want to see receivers running together and stopping next to each other on one side of the field so Lamar can try to take off to the other side.

Now that I said that out loud, I would ask for 400 million with 340 guaranteed lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting note