• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Pass Rush

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Edgar I just hope you don't mind that when my computer dies because of your gifs if I send you the bill :p
sure. I'll take one for the team. So long as we're sure its the Gif's and not the epic and Dostoevskian,in length news editorials that do your computer in.;)
( keep those coming, by the way)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 1065
I know this is a Bowser image primarily but notice Urban: Constant push backwards of his man...note his left arm extends to keep the center off of him (the center falls down) and that he continues to collapse the pocket. Bowser forces him to step up with edge pressure and Urban makes sure he can't.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
View attachment 1065
I know this is a Bowser image primarily but notice Urban: Constant push backwards of his man...note his left arm extends to keep the center off of him (the center falls down) and that he continues to collapse the pocket. Bowser forces him to step up with edge pressure and Urban makes sure he can't.
That’s pierce. Urban is 1on1 with 75

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 1084
Check out Urban: Puts Center on his back side with right arm while jolting a guard back with his left.

View attachment 1085

Different angle of the same play showing a bit more clearly and definitively how he rocks the guard.

There’s a reason the ravens were eager to get him for at least one more year

If we can get urban and Henry together on passing downs inside maybe we can generate some interior pass rush

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 1084
Check out Urban: Puts Center on his back side with right arm while jolting a guard back with his left.

View attachment 1085

Different angle of the same play showing a bit more clearly and definitively how he rocks the guard.

Appreciate you for showing these videos. Its good to know Urban can be a force on the inside since I considered him better as a 4-3 DE. His height will also be a big help for swatting passes and the like.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Appreciate you for showing these videos. Its good to know Urban can be a force on the inside since I considered him better as a 4-3 DE. His height will also be a big help for swatting passes and the like.
For the most part, (and unfortunately it is based on a small sample size due to his being prone to injury), he is THE guy inside for us. He is the one guy that will make you consistently pay if you decide to block him one on one.

I never want to see a rush package Again that has both Pierce and B. Williams on the field. In fact, Williams to me, ought not even be an option on passing downs when it can be helped.

Everyone is high on Henry and his potential inside but gosh, someone other than Urban has to step up this year.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
For the most part, (and unfortunately it is based on a small sample size due to his being prone to injury), he is THE guy inside for us. He is the one guy that will make you consistently pay if you decide to block him one on one.

I never want to see a rush package Again that has both Pierce and B. Williams on the field. In fact, Williams to me, ought not even be an option on passing downs when it can be helped.

Everyone is high on Henry and his potential inside but gosh, someone other than Urban has to step up this year.

Having both Pierce and Williams on the same field in pass situations is ridiculous and happened waaaay to often. Part of it was cuz we would inactivate several dlinemen on game day tho. I disagree about Williams tho on passrush. There are times at the beginning of the game when he's getting massive push up the middle but they kept him on the field so much he was tiring big time. Even tho he is a 15 mil dollar man or whatever his snap count needs to come down. Pierce should only be on the field as strictly replacing Williams or 3rd and short/goaline situations.

Im also hoping Wormley like Henry will show up after basically having a redshirt year.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 1084

View attachment 1085

Holy shit he came in like a fuckin bulldozer.

I’ve definitely been Urbans biggest fan and I was so hyped when we resigned him. Let’s hope he has a healthy season.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Urban is a very good player. He stays healthy he and Henry should be a good interior pass rushing duo. Still think it'd be ideal to address it early on next season tbh.

Head to toe this roster is rock solid. I'm not too sure about WILB but that's not gonna make or break a defense. Our C situation resolves itself and we add a scat speed back and we might be sneaky good next season.

Just regulate ZDS to bench warming duties please.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

I'm a Wormley believer, although a lot of our interior rush may come from LBs

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Urban is a very good player. He stays healthy he and Henry should be a good interior pass rushing duo. Still think it'd be ideal to address it early on next season tbh.

Head to toe this roster is rock solid. I'm not too sure about WILB but that's not gonna make or break a defense. Our C situation resolves itself and we add a scat speed back and we might be sneaky good next season.

Just regulate ZDS to bench warming duties please.
Think a dominant DT is a lowkey potential first round pick for us next year. Thinking out loud, I don't believe the FO is satisfied and they miss Ngata

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Think a dominant DT is a lowkey potential first round pick for us next year. Thinking out loud, I don't believe the FO is satisfied and they miss Ngata
Guys like Ngata don’t grow on trees. And are more along the lines of generational talents. God I miss him. One of my favorite ravens ever. Anyone deserves to be in our ring of honor not on the team rn it’s probably him

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Guys like Ngata don’t grow on trees. And are more along the lines of generational talents. God I miss him. One of my favorite ravens ever. Anyone deserves to be in our ring of honor not on the team rn it’s probably him
They don't but next year's class offers a lot of potentially dominant DTs that would boost our unit.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
They don't but next year's class offers a lot of potentially dominant DTs that would boost our unit.
I really hope we can snag one of them. Ngata could play all of the positions along the DL, thats what made him even more valuable.