• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Jags edition

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
that 2nd one is clearly on duvernay lol - that's awful man - lamar literally throws the post and duvernay runs a corner for no reason
I saw the 2nd one yesterday on film and meant to post it. It's the perfect example of what happens when you watch the All-22 (and why I like to sit so high up in the stadium) vs what you see on TV. By the time you see this play on TV, it looks like Duvernay is "open" and Lamar just misses him. In reality, Duvernay just completely fucks up this play.

And, again, these are the types of plays where you can't blame coaching. Play call is done well, its blocked well, its open, and the QB does his job. Just not executed fully by all players. Even more mind-blowing to me is that, while I doubt he has the ability to freelance, the corner route makes him significantly "less open". If this was a corner route, and Lamar throws it as a corner route, it's got a 0% chance of completion, and a decent chance of an INT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I saw the 2nd one yesterday on film and meant to post it. It's the perfect example of what happens when you watch the All-22 (and why I like to sit so high up in the stadium) vs what you see on TV. By the time you see this play on TV, it looks like Duvernay is "open" and Lamar just misses him. In reality, Duvernay just completely fucks up this play.

And, again, these are the types of plays where you can't blame coaching. Play call is done well, its blocked well, its open, and the QB does his job. Just not executed fully by all players. Even more mind-blowing to me is that, while I doubt he has the ability to freelance, the corner route makes him significantly "less open". If this was a corner route, and Lamar throws it as a corner route, it's got a 0% chance of completion, and a decent chance of an INT.

1 receiver fucks up the play, everyone criticises the QB for "missing" and the playcaller for all sorts of other things...

certain people here hate it when i say that Roman isn't really a problem and that most of our issues are almost entirely related to poor execution - but case in point

everyone's pointing out the play Orlovsky put out on twitter but even Orlovsky says that it's possible that 1 of 2 players may have got the play wrong and ruined the entire concept... something that most people seem to be ignoring

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
1 receiver fucks up the play, everyone criticises the QB for "missing" and the playcaller for all sorts of other things...

certain people here hate it when i say that Roman isn't really a problem and that most of our issues are almost entirely related to poor execution - but case in point

everyone's pointing out the play Orlovsky put out on twitter but even Orlovsky says that it's possible that 1 of 2 players may have got the play wrong and ruined the entire concept... something that most people seem to be ignoring
I mean I'm not saying Roman isn't a problem, because I think he partially is. Think this is just a good example of how the public views things vs how it actually happens in the real world.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

You can blame coaching if it's happening every single week. If a team can't ever execute and gets worse as the season goes then something is wrong with the coaching.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can blame coaching if it's happening every single week. If a team can't ever execute and gets worse as the season goes then something is wrong with the coaching.
Or, something is wrong with the players. Can be both.

Is this team consistently not executing and consistently getting worse each week? Because I'm not seeing that at all...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Nice try Greg Roman.

Now pack yo bags.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched the Duvernay one a few more time.

DAWG I AM SICK LOL

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If it is, who's on the list as a viable and bonafide O.C. to replace him?
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't mind giving James Urban an opportunity for atleast an interview. That being said, like many, I'd like to see who is available outside the organization. James Urban, prior to coming to the Ravens as Lamar's QB coach, was the Bengals WRs coach.

I also believe @Sizzle may be up for the task.