• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Jags edition

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
So there are laws that say if a citizen just insults you, you can arrest them? And ftr I never suggested you were a psycho or would kill over an insult lol just saying that a man in that position of authority should have the ability to absolutely remove his personal feelings from the equation, at least when it comes to simple insults.
If you want to throw vulgarity around in a public place where other citizens are present or yell loud enough to where it causes others to come out side and stare then you throw the ball in to my court where a simple tap of my finger and the words, “your under arrest“ is all that is required. However, I really don’t think this is the thread to discuss this. You are blowing what I originally said way out of proportion to discuss my profession. On he job, I am used to snide remarks and attitudes. I ignore all that.I am talking about threats to me and the hater abuse, like the ones that wing a bottle at my head on a car stop when my back is turned. Yeah that kinda pushes me up there pretty quick. Sorry brother, I am not there to be punkedand abused. If you think I should be then we can discuss it in another thread or you can hit me up with a message And we can discuss it there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If you want to throw vulgarity around in a public place where other citizens are present or yell loud enough to where it causes others to come out side and stare then you throw the ball in to my court where a simple tap of my finger and the words, “your under arrest“ is all that is required. However, I really don’t think this is the thread to discuss this. You are blowing what I originally said way out of proportion to discuss my profession. On he job, I am used to snide remarks and attitudes. I ignore all that.I am talking about threats to me and the hater abuse, like the ones that wing a bottle at my head on a car stop when my back is turned. Yeah that kinda pushes me up there pretty quick. Sorry brother, I am not there to be punkedand abused. If you think I should be then we can discuss it in another thread or you can hit me up with a message And we can discuss it there.
You said defend your honor when insulted, I was just talking about what you said.

You’re right though, way off topic and my bad.

Last edited:

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yep, people who were putting this defeat on Lamar don't make any sense to me. They hyper-focus on one or two errors and fail to notice all the good things.

I just want to see how good Lamar would look if the OC didn't put him in a hole and ask him to dig us out about 10 times per game.
Yep they just never got past the one overthrow on the first drive

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
You said defend your honor when insulted, I was just talking about what you said.

You’re right though, way off topic and my bad.
It’s all good. I was referring to keyboard warriors. At least on the job, it is to my face, which I actually respect more. I guess in a strange, rambling way which I should have thought out more before posting, I am actually defending Lamar. I didn’t really think the original post warranted his very strong reply and I am not going to defend it but in a strange way, I kind of feel more connected to Lamar knowing he is human too. Honestly, if someone posts something where they personally insult me over an opinion I have that they don’t share, I usually warn them that I didn’t appreciate the insult first before I go straight to saying something bad about their mother…. lol!!!!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He missed 3 . Andrews down the sideline,Robinson and Oliver. 1 out of 3 would have been nice and we would have won the game.
Robinson yes. I refuse to agree with anyone who says he missed Oliver. Oliver jumps way too early and fucks it up. It's completely evidenced by his later TD catch where he jumps wrong again but this time is able to bring it in.

Don't recall the Andrews one but I'll believe you. That would be 2 in my books then.

Robinson yes. I refuse to agree with anyone who says he missed Oliver. Oliver jumps way too early and fucks it up. It's completely evidenced by his later TD catch where he jumps wrong again but this time is able to bring it in.

Don't recall the Andrews one but I'll believe you. That would be 2 in my books then.

The thing is those just weren't missed throws, those were TDs if he hits them. The frustration is he's been missing those all season not just this game. He does and should get some blame for the loss.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The thing is those just weren't missed throws, those were TDs if he hits them. The frustration is he's been missing those all season not just this game. He does and should get some blame for the loss.
And I blame him to the highest extent for the Robinson throw. That definitely contributed to the loss. I don't blame him one ounce for the Oliver throw. I can't comment on that Andrews sideline throw he's talking about because I honestly don't remember it.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
After the controversy and fall out from the Tweet, this could be the turning point in season in a good way or a bad way.

The team could rally around Lamar and he could look to go off and silence his critics…which I am hoping for. Or he starts to really feel the heat and gets a little rattled and it reflects in his play.

Personally, I can see the team rally around Lamar and have his back on the field. I think he is loved by his teammates. Maybe all this will make us better. That is what I am hoping for.

Tank

Hall of Famer
After the controversy and fall out from the Tweet, this could be the turning point in season in a good way or a bad way.

The team could rally around Lamar and he could look to go off and silence his critics…which I am hoping for. Or he starts to really feel the heat and gets a little rattled and it reflects in his play.

Personally, I can see the team rally around Lamar and have his back on the field. I think he is loved by his teammates. Maybe all this will make us better. That is what I am hoping for.
Always a trait of a winner, take a negative and flip it to a positive.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Always a trait of a winner, take a negative and flip it to a positive.
Amen brother! I say let’s rally around Lamar and put all this horrible stuff behind us and see if this team can finally go kick a little ass! I know this team is capable of it!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I think he is talking about the Andrews drop, that Marc should have had.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would love to keep Lamar as our franchise QB but he is not worth a 100 % fully guaranteed contract. Neither was Watson ,that's for sure
and the Browns sure did screw up our negotiations with Lamar.