• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Broncos

Mainejet

Practice Squad
There’s the absolutely delusional Mainejet I’ve missed
Jets have the 3rd overall defense in the league right now. They're so well stocked with a defensive line rotation that they can effectively shut down the run and pressure and/or sack the QB with just four. They've already done it successfully against several teams missing their starting QB and Josh Allen when they beat the Bills a few weeks ago. On the back end, the Jets have the best pair of corners in the league today. DJ Reed is undoubtedly the best FA pickup of any team this season and Sauce Gardner has already run away with Defensive Rookie of the year honors. From a scheme standpoint the Jets CS are able to create pass coverage using 7. Hence, the reason the Jets have the 3rd overall defense that would clearly be number 1 if not for early season jitters and inexperience.

On offense, despite losing their two very best offensive players in Alijah Vera-Tucker and Breece Hall for the season. The Jets still have a dominant OL providing for a potent running game with 4 talented running backs to carry the ball. In fact, the Jets just unveiled Bam Knight their UDFA acquisition. Last week his first game he had 103 combined yards for the offense. We also unveiled Mike White. I don't know that he'll be able to remain consistent but he had an EXCELLENT game against a very bad defense in the Bears.

Me? Personally? I'm predicting a playoff berth at a very minimum. I think the Jets will be in contention to win the division right up until within a few weeks of the end of the season. I think they'll win 11 or 12 games this season. Then once the playoffs start? I think they'll win a playoff game. This team is very good and it isn't going away for years to come.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
the Broncos have a very good defense, does that mean they are going to win a championship

Seriously though I agree with you, defense wins championships. Ravens defense has been much better over the last five weeks outside of a letdown in the 4th quarter this past week.
I think the Ravens have a CHAMPIONSHIP defense. The problem is they're not playing like it right now. I just saw an article that ranked the Ravens defense 17th. What happened? I would assume losing your defensive coordinator has really hurt things?

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Pure comedic material here @Mainejet lmao…. I reckon 24-9 is almost beating us…. Nah, the Jets are THE team I’d love to face in the playoffs because they’re the team I’m most confident in beating there.

Now THAT is the definition of a troll
Well, playing style/ physical make up makes football fights.

Did you think the Cowboys would beat the Vikings a few weeks ago 40-3 in their stadium? Do you think the Vikings just had a bad game or do you think the Cowboys were just a bad match up for the Vikings

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think the Ravens have a CHAMPIONSHIP defense. The problem is they're not playing like it right now. I just saw an article that ranked the Ravens defense 17th. What happened? I would assume losing your defensive coordinator has really hurt things?
no, it has definitely better without Wink. Wink stuck to man coverage no matter who was injured or couldn't play man. The longer we had Wink, the easier it was to adjust to him because he didn't change what he was doing, no matter who we had. We started the season with a lot of injuries and "knock on wood" are getting more healthy as the season progresses.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, playing style/ physical make up makes football fights.

Did you think the Cowboys would beat the Vikings a few weeks ago 40-3 in their stadium? Do you think the Vikings just had a bad game or do you think the Cowboys were just a bad match up for the Vikings
no, but I had the Cowboys beating the Vikings.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
My boss gives away his tickets sometimes, I’m always too busy at work to reply to the mass email on time so I’ve never gotten them. My dude snatched em up this time and invited me so I found out last night I’m going to the game today! Can’t wait to see what kinda seats these are, my boss is kind of a flashy guy lol
Enjoy brother!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am hoping that the Ravens bounce back and beat the Broncos....convincingly and move on to 8-4. And, that the Falcons decide to be a real football team and beat the Steelers and the "Clowns" lose to the Texans (great return for Watson), and of course, that the Bengals fall to the Chiefs. To me, that would right the wrong of the Ravens being the only team in the AFC North to lose last week. Kinda flip the script!
Did the win meet your criteria? Lol

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll also say this.... I hope the Jets get the Ravens in the playoffs. The Jets were very close to beating them in Week one and now the Jets are way, way, WAY better than they were. I think the Jets would beat the Ravens convincingly if they face them in the playoffs.....
#domination