• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
stats without context are meaningless

high contested targets are as much a QB stat as they are a WR stat - watch the tape, QJ separates - what you're mostly looking at there is a list of WRs in college who had awful QB play (and some bad WRs too)

Hmmmm.............contested catch important.............now......................not important. Vewy vewy interesting.

duffy-duck-investigating.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jalin Hyatt and Josh Downs are clear 1st round picks for me.

I've watched a bit of Hyatt lately (stuff other than Alabama game). There is a sea of empty space all around him when he catches the ball. He is always literally wide open.

yeah i think i might be back all the way in on josh downs tbh - dude's been lost in the zay flowers hype because he's not quite as crafty a route runner right now - but he's just as explosive and plays just as big

dont see it with hyatt still that high - he was schemed into so much space and the amazing bama film really wasnt that amazing in the end (a bunch of busted coverages, mostly from safeties over-reacting to Tillman on in-breakers)

i love how Hyatt's able to gear up while arcing upfield and he's deadly from the slot for sure with space but i think he's a bit stiff and maybe limited somewhat in terms of what his route tree might look like - like right now he looks great at the slot-fade (really really good) but what else does he offer you at this point as a prospect - think right now he's a bit of a 1-trick pony... it's a good 1-trick but that's not enough for me to take him R1 tbh

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
how big is big?
does xavier hutchinson not count?
AT Perry?
Ok AT Perry makes sense. Hutchinson is like 6'1 or 6'2 right? He's not small but I would not describe his play style as big and physical. In my head I just have Hutchinson in the other class of guys

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ive got the same grade on perry as rice - early 4th rounder

got Tillman and Johnston early R2
got Mingo (and Hutchinson) late R2/early R3
got Rice and Perry early R4

and then a bunch of bigger receivers after that
Ok I have Rice just a little higher at mid to late 3rd. Perry I think is probably a 4th.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
With OBJ signed I am salivating for the draft. I got so many things going in my head.

What if we get Addison and you have this crazy quartet of interchangeable guys.

JSN...
QJ and the YAC
Hyatt or Palmer or Mims as deep threats
Mingo or Tillman or Hutchinson or Rice as big bodies
Flowers or Downs or Dell. Crazy twitchy guys.

Like it's just gonna be so awesome to let the board fall and see what we can add.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With OBJ signed I am salivating for the draft. I got so many things going in my head.

What if we get Addison and you have this crazy quartet of interchangeable guys.

JSN...
QJ and the YAC
Hyatt or Palmer or Mims as deep threats
Mingo or Tillman or Hutchinson or Rice as big bodies
Flowers or Downs or Dell. Crazy twitchy guys.

Like it's just gonna be so awesome to let the board fall and see what we can add.

this is not what my board says in terms of grades but this is how i'd order the potential top guys as fits now in this WR corps:

JSN
Flowers
Downs
QJ
Addison
Tillman
Mims
Hyatt
Scott
Mingo
Hutchinson

and it improves my feelings on adding a guy like Rice or Palmer especially if it's day 3

but really... Flowers/Downs i think would be amazing additions to this group