• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he just looks/feels like one good hit... or even a stiff breeze might snap him in two...

but the suddenness, the hands, the release footwork all say day 2 pick

but this guy is smaller than hollywood when he weighed in having not been able to do any weight training (with a screw in his foot)...

just so tough - but then again... he separates
Same weight but a half inch shorter. I’m not sweating it, not in the third round.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
just looking at the board more and more
and who's picking ahead of us

if we're sticking at 22, im getting more confident by the second that we're not taking a WR
if we trade down, im pretty confident that we're targeting a cluster of WRs

the CBs at 22 are gonna be so much higher on the board lol
even the EDGEs at 22 are gonna be higher on the board

Old Bay

Veteran
he just looks/feels like one good hit... or even a stiff breeze might snap him in two...

but the suddenness, the hands, the release footwork all say day 2 pick

but this guy is smaller than hollywood when he weighed in having not been able to do any weight training (with a screw in his foot)...

just so tough - but then again... he separates
They all said the same about Devonta Smith. Similar size actually.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
devonta was freakishly long and a lot taller, played physically, and was one of the best and most explosive and skilled route technicians coming out of college in a long time - he's the exception not the rule...

devonta was also a freaky athlete
What he did against Ohio State makes me wonder how much did he pay in taxes, claiming that defense as his sons and whatnot.

Old Bay

Veteran
devonta was freakishly long and a lot taller, played physically, and was one of the best and most explosive and skilled route technicians coming out of college in a long time - he's the exception not the rule...

devonta was also a freaky athlete
Wow, I forgot about Smith's wingspan. Yeah, he's definitely not the same player. I'd still be pumped to land Dell.
Screenshot_20230411_183055_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_183030_Chrome.jpg

For those interested here’s a breakdown on Josh Downs. I like this dude. Especially his ability to high point the ball. I think trading down to the early 2nd to acquire another 3rd and adding him with OBJ would make this O deadly. I like the thought of LJ being able to throw the ball up in certain situations to OBJ, Downs, Mandrews, Bate and having a high chance of them pulling it down.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I really think I'd hate a first round WR at this point. Like actually hate. Someone call me out if they disagree but I think this class has a lot of interesting guys in it that we can take later and may be just as good as most of the guys at the top. For instance I really like

Cedric Tillman
Marvin Mims
Tank Dell
Xavier Hutchinson
Trey Palmer
Bryce Ford Wheaton
Rakim Jarrett
Jayden Reed
Kayshon Boutte

Like the earliest I can see any of those guys going is 2nd round (Tillman, Mims, Boutte may have a chance in the second), but I'd assume the rest are 3rd rounders or later.

Simba

Staff Member
I really think I'd hate a first round WR at this point. Like actually hate. Someone call me out if they disagree but I think this class has a lot of interesting guys in it that we can take later and may be just as good as most of the guys at the top. For instance I really like

Cedric Tillman
Marvin Mims
Tank Dell
Xavier Hutchinson
Trey Palmer
Bryce Ford Wheaton
Rakim Jarrett
Jayden Reed
Kayshon Boutte

Like the earliest I can see any of those guys going is 2nd round (Tillman, Mims, Boutte may have a chance in the second), but I'd assume the rest are 3rd rounders or later.
I think it's hard to see how the value lines up at WR in round 1. For me, JSN would be the only no brainer there. I like Flowers a lot but even I'd question if 22 is the right spot for him.

Meanwhile, CB and Edge look like they'll line up to value nicely at 22 if we stick.

So I don't hate the idea of WR at 22 but it better be a value pick, not a reach.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think it's hard to see how the value lines up at WR in round 1. For me, JSN would be the only no brainer there. I like Flowers a lot but even I'd question if 22 is the right spot for him.

Meanwhile, CB and Edge look like they'll line up to value nicely at 22 if we stick.

So I don't hate the idea of WR at 22 but it better be a value pick, not a reach.
Agreed. I loooveee Zay Flowers and even I am now struggling to take him at 22.

I think I'd only take JSN and Addison.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

JSN you run to the podium
Flowers you probably still take at 22 but you probably field calls to see if you can move back unless there's a great value at another position in which case, WR's not a consideration anyway

every other WR is a "trade down" candidate if we dont like the guys at other positions on the board at 22 (hard to believe there won't be a CB we like at 22 - but not hard to believe there might also be 2 or 3 CBs we like at 22 so trade down anyway... ive got 7 CBs in my top 22)

Simba

Staff Member
I personally don't get the Tank Dell love. Fun player in college but just don't see how it translates to the NFL in all honesty. Feels like there's a guy like him every few years that people go crazy over and then they come in the league and flame out real quick. Hate to knock a guy for his size but it's just far the exception that a guy like that succeeds.