• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Doesn’t surprise me
I’ve only got 2 guys with grades I’d take at 22..

JSN
Flowers

Got late 1s on downs and Addison and everyone else is early 2nd round grades at best

But also highly likely that even if teams don’t have R1 grades on these guys that some of them will go R1 coz it’s unlikely most teams have close to 32 1st round grades (although I’ve got more than normal this year)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Call me fucking crazy but Tank Dell might be the best WR FOR US in this draft. What that means is the style and production he can bring for the capital investment.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We are at Pick 22.... Justin Jefferson fell to 22. Perhaps JSN can do the same.

Was just about to post this. This is awesome. I still hope we can grab a first round WR

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We are at Pick 22.... Justin Jefferson fell to 22. Perhaps JSN can do the same.

i mean... JJ was also the 5th WR taken - that class was thought to be stacked at WR and a bunch of teams overlooked him to their detriment

also made me check out the previous 22nd picks and outside of Jefferson, it's a pretty cursed group lol going back over 10+ years haha

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Was just about to post this. This is awesome. I still hope we can grab a first round WR

tbf we've had visits/meetings with basically all the projected top WRs in this class

think it's only Josh Downs of the top 5 (who seems to have had basically no top 30 visits from anyone - coz he's a super clean prospect i think) who they havent had meetings with (that we're aware of)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
With us adding OBJ, we now have 2 boundary receivers, I think to round out our skill position group we need to take one of the many excellent slot receivers in this draft.

Zay flowers is likely the first in line, explosive, shifty, short but physically built for the nfl, big time YAC and route running threat.

Josh downs, small and light, releases well, super savvy, small but attacks the ball as well as anyone, even leads the class in contested catch % at 5’10” 170

Tank dell, I could see him being our guy, I think he’s being slept on due to his size, protect him from press and put him in the slot and design free releases, he moves different and has the Lamar Jackson gene of self preservation, I think with our group of guys dell might be the one that brings the biggest boost.

Mingo I’m not as high on as some, he looks largely like a slant and run kinda guy, he doesn’t go and get the ball as well as you’d want from someone his size, one thing I saw from his senior week though is he’s got enough there with his footwork to develop a nice release package, he could be the guy with the most to gain at the next level but he’ll really need development

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
With us adding OBJ, we now have 2 boundary receivers, I think to round out our skill position group we need to take one of the many excellent slot receivers in this draft.

Zay flowers is likely the first in line, explosive, shifty, short but physically built for the nfl, big time YAC and route running threat.

Josh downs, small and light, releases well, super savvy, small but attacks the ball as well as anyone, even leads the class in contested catch % at 5’10” 170

Tank dell, I could see him being our guy, I think he’s being slept on due to his size, protect him from press and put him in the slot and design free releases, he moves different and has the Lamar Jackson gene of self preservation, I think with our group of guys dell might be the one that brings the biggest boost.

Mingo I’m not as high on as some, he looks largely like a slant and run kinda guy, he doesn’t go and get the ball as well as you’d want from someone his size, one thing I saw from his senior week though is he’s got enough there with his footwork to develop a nice release package, he could be the guy with the most to gain at the next level but he’ll really need development
I really think of Dell is there in the 3rd you have to think about it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really think of Dell is there in the 3rd you have to think about it.

he just looks/feels like one good hit... or even a stiff breeze might snap him in two...

but the suddenness, the hands, the release footwork all say day 2 pick

but this guy is smaller than hollywood when he weighed in having not been able to do any weight training (with a screw in his foot)...

just so tough - but then again... he separates

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he just looks/feels like one good hit... or even a stiff breeze might snap him in two...

but the suddenness, the hands, the release footwork all say day 2 pick

but this guy is smaller than hollywood when he weighed in having not been able to do any weight training (with a screw in his foot)...

just so tough - but then again... he separates
Yeah he's another risk reward guy