• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's hard to convince me he's not a day 1 difference maker from the slot. And would compliment OBJ and Bateman so well
If pass pro holds up and offense is healthy with a guy like tank dell from the slot then look out. Really nice compliment to the trio of Bateman obj and andrews in a game where safeties are on their toes due to the run game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think so. Because I think there was a good chance that only 1 WR was going before 22. I think the Lions are taking one RD1 now. Could artificially set off a WR run like last year.

Maybe none of this will happen.

But they only lost Williams for 6 weeks - not sure any of those other guys they lost “indefinitely” make any difference to their roster construction efforts at all

And if they reach on a WR then it pushes someone better down the board

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It’s fine - just not big at the top and no dead certs
I think that JSN, Addison, Flowers, Dell, and Downs are all gonna have good careers.

But if you told me in 3 years that literally every other WR in this class was either WR5 or PS or out of the league I'd be like yeah I could see that.

I know I'm being harsh, but very few guys have made me feel good about drafting them. Did you see Rashee Rice's senior day reps? Dude was AWFUL.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think that JSN, Addison, Flowers, Dell, and Downs are all gonna have good careers.

But if you told me in 3 years that literally every other WR in this class was either WR5 or PS or out of the league I'd be like yeah I could see that.

I know I'm being harsh, but very few guys have made me feel good about drafting them. Did you see Rashee Rice's senior day reps? Dude was AWFUL.
Nah, you're being way too harsh. There's a bunch of guys in this that are long time WR 3 guys. Not stars, but still long term contributors to an offense and not PS guys. Also like any draft one of those sure vets will bust, and a few guys we overlooked will be really good.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Nah, you're being way too harsh. There's a bunch of guys in this that are long time WR 3 guys. Not stars, but still long term contributors to an offense and not PS guys. Also like any draft one of those sure vets will bust, and a few guys we overlooked will be really good.
Of course. I'm just saying based on my impression though.

For instance I know the most controversial ones are easily QJ and JH. Those 2 are thought of as going to be stars. I see them both busting. That could be totally totally wrong.

But then after that it's like, do I really believe AT Perry or Rashee Rice is gonna be a late round star? Not really.

Ultimately among non first round hype guys, the ones outside of my personal top 5 that I at least have some faith in are Cedric Tillman, Jonathan Mingo, Xavier Hutchinson, Kayahon Boutte, and Marvin Mims.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'll shit up now but

Tank Dell >>>>> Tutu Atwell and Dee Eskridge

Both of those guys were 2nd round picks. Dell will not be there at our 3rd.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What is eskridge doing? I was a HUGE fan of his
2 very quiet seasons. But I just looked up his college highlights and I did not find them impressive at all. Especially not vs Dell's.

Also if you look at the senior bowl WR vs DBs you'd ordinarily say why do I even care? The WR is at such an unbelievable advantage. But I watched all that shit and the DBs were FEASTING. The WRs were so bad outside of Dell who murdered literally everyone. Including Darius Rush and Tyrique Stevenson.

Jayden Reed and Mingo also flashed a little but not nearly as much as Dell. Everyone else was atrocious. Especially Rashee Rice.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2 very quiet seasons. But I just looked up his college highlights and I did not find them impressive at all. Especially not vs Dell's.

Also if you look at the senior bowl WR vs DBs you'd ordinarily say why do I even care? The WR is at such an unbelievable advantage. But I watched all that shit and the DBs were FEASTING. The WRs were so bad outside of Dell who murdered literally everyone. Including Darius Rush and Tyrique Stevenson.

Jayden Reed and Mingo also flashed a little but not nearly as much as Dell. Everyone else was atrocious. Especially Rashee Rice.

The highlights are the highlights for a reason

Watching eskridge release outside and beat press was what separated him

In terms of the 1v1s - partly that’s because the CB group was nuts

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The highlights are the highlights for a reason

Watching eskridge release outside and beat press was what separated him

In terms of the 1v1s - partly that’s because the CB group was nuts
WRs are weird. Like why doesn't Denzel Mims get any playing time. Why did Devante Parker never becime tblhat guy? Why did Kevin White and Laquon treadwell literally never do actually anything?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Going to make some predictions. I'm not saying this is where I have them, but this is where I think they will actually be drafted.

JSN - 1
Addison - 1
Johnston - 1

Flowers - 2
Downs - 2
Hyatt - 2
Tillman - 2
Dell - 2

Mims - 3
Mingo - 3
Rice - 3
Scott - 3
Boutte - 3

Hutchinson - 4
Perry - 4
Reed - 4
Ford Wheaton - 4
Palmer - 4

Wicks - 5
Wilson - 5
Jones - 5

Bell - drafted
Jarrett - drafted
Washington - drafted
Bobo - drafted
Iosivas - drafted

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Going to make some predictions. I'm not saying this is where I have them, but this is where I think they will actually be drafted.

JSN - 1
Addison - 1
Johnston - 1

Flowers - 2
Downs - 2
Hyatt - 2
Tillman - 2
Dell - 2

Mims - 3
Mingo - 3
Rice - 3
Scott - 3