• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I personally don't get the Tank Dell love. Fun player in college but just don't see how it translates to the NFL in all honesty. Feels like there's a guy like him every few years that people go crazy over and then they come in the league and flame out real quick. Hate to knock a guy for his size but it's just far the exception that a guy like that succeeds.

it's pretty crazy that in a class so full of small WRs sub-175lbs, Dell still stands out as being exceptionally small

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
not seen Ford-wheaton
don't like jarrett lol
I like them both in a 5th round or later setting. I like Jarrett because he was good at the basics. Killed defenders on slants, had really good YAC. Really good speed, made plays down the field finding soft spots

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like them both in a 5th round or later setting. I like Jarrett because he was good at the basics. Killed defenders on slants, had really good YAC. Really good speed, made plays down the field finding soft spots

see i dont see that with jarrett at all lol
think he's a bit aimless with his routes - inefficient footwork, not a fluid athlete, drops, only ok hands

has some traits to get interested in but to me he's barely a receiver right now

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
see i dont see that with jarrett at all lol
think he's a bit aimless with his routes - inefficient footwork, not a fluid athlete, drops, only ok hands

has some traits to get interested in but to me he's barely a receiver right now
Yeah dude needs a year or 2 with Dubb behind OBJ, Bateman, Nelson. Maybe he'll go undrafted. But I think he's one of those guys that is not a day 1 guy but might be able to be good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah dude needs a year or 2 with Dubb behind OBJ, Bateman, Nelson. Maybe he'll go undrafted. But I think he's one of those guys that is not a day 1 guy but might be able to be good.

im sure a team will draft him based on the testing numbers somewhere on day 3
i imagine he'll make a team somewhere because he's got great traits to be a gunner type guy
and maybe that's his way to stay on a roster while he develops

but i think it's a long road - he's gonna have to play special teams to last long enough to see any of his potential at WR

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im sure a team will draft him based on the testing numbers somewhere on day 3
i imagine he'll make a team somewhere because he's got great traits to be a gunner type guy
and maybe that's his way to stay on a roster while he develops

but i think it's a long road - he's gonna have to play special teams to last long enough to see any of his potential at WR
Yeah I feel that. Out of curiosity this is largely unrelated BTW, do you remember what the profile on Stefan Diggs was at MD? Because he was largely not looked at all and people were clearly wrong for that. (not at all saying Jarrett can be Diggs that's crazy talk)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I feel that. Out of curiosity this is largely unrelated BTW, do you remember what the profile on Stefan Diggs was at MD? Because he was largely not looked at all and people were clearly wrong for that. (not at all saying Jarrett can be Diggs that's crazy talk)

diggs iirc was well liked on tape and athletically but had some injury concerns after a couple of season ending injuries and some character questions (not necessarily concerns)

other than that i think there were some play-strength concerns but he was clearly taken in the 5th because of the off-field stuff

the on the field stuff said he was day 2 easily

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I personally don't get the Tank Dell love. Fun player in college but just don't see how it translates to the NFL in all honesty. Feels like there's a guy like him every few years that people go crazy over and then they come in the league and flame out real quick. Hate to knock a guy for his size but it's just far the exception that a guy like that succeeds.
I’ll say this, I was not a fan of tutu atwell in the slightest. I see an entirely different player in tank dell, he’s got that untouchable gene, like lamar has, he’s got eyes on all sides of his head and he just moves so damn well it’s like defenders can’t even get near him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Diggs with no injuries is an easy 2nd rounder, his tape was phenomenal and pretty universally respected

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My personal ranking for the WRs at the moment:
JSN
Zay Flowers
Jalin Hyatt
Addison
Quentin Johnston
Josh Downs
Cedric Tillman
Jayden Reed
Marvin Mims Jr
Xavier Hutchinson

JSN is the only guy I can see being a focal point of an NFL offense. Flowers and Hyatt have some potential to be higher end WRs in the right offense. The rest are good, but complimentary WRs.

Couple notable people outside of my top ten:
Rashee Rice: High end raw talent and potential but undisciplined and has concentration drops. If a coach can drill in proper technique and concentration he could be a top 5 WR in this draft, but that's a big if.

Tank Dell: I'm not just convinced he'll ever be more than a gadget guy and returner at the NFL level. I know he has a similar size to Hollywood coming out of college but Hollywood played his best after putting on a good amount of muscle a year or two into this NFL career. I'm not sure if Tank Dell can add that weight.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
textbook - 3 steps, sinking his hips so he's basically sitting in a chair - and he's breaking in the blink of an eye
during the Pandemic of he couldn't play is when he worked on his route running.

He's an extremely hard worker.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My personal ranking for the WRs at the moment:
JSN
Zay Flowers
Jalin Hyatt
Addison
Quentin Johnston
Josh Downs
Cedric Tillman
Jayden Reed
Marvin Mims Jr
Xavier Hutchinson

JSN is the only guy I can see being a focal point of an NFL offense. Flowers and Hyatt have some potential to be higher end WRs in the right offense. The rest are good, but complimentary WRs.

Couple notable people outside of my top ten:
Rashee Rice: High end raw talent and potential but undisciplined and has concentration drops. If a coach can drill in proper technique and concentration he could be a top 5 WR in this draft, but that's a big if.

Tank Dell: I'm not just convinced he'll ever be more than a gadget guy and returner at the NFL level. I know he has a similar size to Hollywood coming out of college but Hollywood played his best after putting on a good amount of muscle a year or two into this NFL career. I'm not sure if Tank Dell can add that weight.

No Tyler Scott?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
No Tyler Scott?
He just seems feels like he'll need more development, and at least a year of NFL weight training before he's really ready to be one of the go to guys of an offense. At the moment you'd have to scheme him open or he'll get erased by the more physical corners of the NFL.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He just seems feels like he'll need more development, and at least a year of NFL weight training before he's really ready to be one of the go to guys of an offense. At the moment you'd have to scheme him open or he'll get erased by the more physical corners of the NFL.

That feels like the same as Hyatt, mims and others…

Not saying he’s a slam dunk guy but feels like a day 2 type to me

A lot of these guys this year need “scheming” open

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
That feels like the same as Hyatt, mims and others…

Not saying he’s a slam dunk guy but feels like a day 2 type to me

A lot of these guys this year need “scheming” open
Mims is absolutely a slot guy, but I think he's still more developed, and will do more with the ball in his hands. Hyatt potentially has the same issue, but I just think he has a higher ceiling and more room to fill out his frame.