• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 QB Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
im hoping this stuff is just lying season stuff

because we better not be doing the justin fields pre-draft shit again
taking the obvious QB2 and somehow talking ourselves out of them for seemingly no reason at all other than they're not "Trevor Lawrence/Bryce Young"
It's gonna take me awhile to understand why Fields just continued to fall like that. As far as I'm concerned, no off-the-field issues, great teammate, etc. Part of me thinks this is still #SMOKESCREENSZN for Stroud. Who knows...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
certainly similar physical tools to huntley - think he's better in terms of suddenness and general explosion as an athlete than huntley and probably has the ability to put some more zip on the ball too

but i like how he is when he's in rhythm, accurate, good decision-maker, gets through progressions with good timing, reads when he's hot, looking off safeties

huntley should have been drafted
i think DTR is a better QB prospect than huntley - i dont think he's a starter but i do think he can develop into a good backup - think the ceiling is a bit higher than huntley's
Dtr looks like a far superior passer to Huntley imo. Release, accuracy, ease of motions, zip on the ball, touch, off platform throws, looks a lot more natural than Huntley

Still can’t put my finger on why I’m not sold on him though

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

We’re meeting with AR-15 on the last day of top-30 visits..

That shit screams smokescreen. I remember we were dead silent when we targeted Lamar.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

We’re meeting with AR-15 on the last day of top-30 visits..

That shit screams smokescreen. I remember we were dead silent when we targeted Lamar.

We were silent on Lamar because we didn't target him at all. We took a TE over him at first, and only went to grab him because of how far he was falling.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
A comment in that thread.

"Lance z actually said a team was so concerned stroud scored that low so they made him retake it and he scored similarly"

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So just so y'all know, Jake Haener has scored extremely well on a lot of the advanced metrics. People are saying he's flashing some stuff like Brock Purdy. I think for a little while that kinda storyline is gonna be overplayed, but I like Jake Haener.

Among the non first round QBs in the draft, DTR and JH are my top 2 guys

Simba

Staff Member
So just so y'all know, Jake Haener has scored extremely well on a lot of the advanced metrics. People are saying he's flashing some stuff like Brock Purdy. I think for a little while that kinda storyline is gonna be overplayed, but I like Jake Haener.

If Haener had more size and arm, he'd probably be in the Stroud/Young/Richardson conversations. Mental processing is abundantly evident on the tape.

Aidan O'Connell is my sleeper as well though. Think he needs a little more work but he's got the size and arm talent, along with some of the mental stuff.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

definitely someone ill make sure to take a look at before draft night for sure

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I also previously said that DTR reminds me of Huntley. But I went back and watched a lot more of him. He's not perfect by any means but I think he's more Lamar Jackson than he is Huntley.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him selected earlier than he's projected

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Is this why Hooker has any 1st round buzz at all? Because he thinks he's going to play week 1???or at least CAN play week 1