• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 QB Thread

Jake Haener has caught my eye

I live in Fresno, watched him play a few times including live. He can make most of the throws but damn the dude was hurt a lot. Tough as shit tho.
I also like Jalen Moreno-Cropper as a late round flyer at WR. They had a good connection at Fresno State. Nothing compared to Carr and Adams but made Fresno St football exciting again.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel the same.

1. Stroud
2. AR-15 (his upside just lifts him over Bryce)
3. Bryce
4. Who cares. They all backups

I lied. Hendon Hooker QB4.

Too bad we don’t have a 2nd rounder

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
On the topic of QBs Jake Haener has some real potential to be a steal in this draft. He's a bit undersized, but has solid instincts, a quick release, and high football IQ. He won't be a star, but he can certainly run an offense.

Last edited:

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
On the topic of QBs Jake Haener is some real potential to be a steal in this draft. He's a bit undersized, but has solid instincts, a quick release, and high football IQ. He won't be a star, but he can certainly run an offense.
give me him if McKee isnt there in the 3rd

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
On the topic of QBs Jake Haener has some real potential to be a steal in this draft. He's a bit undersized, but has solid instincts, a quick release, and high football IQ. He won't be a star, but he can certainly run an offense.
I’m a Fan. In a 12 personnel based offense that doesn’t ask him to drive the ball too crazy but manage a run/PA based game, he could be that guy, I like him with monken and our personnel assuming we find a way to add a quality wr. Maybe not as a long term guy but a competitive guy to bridge us for a year and give us something to watch on Sunday ffs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
not sure id want to touch him before day 3 but DTR is kinda interesting
i like him more than Hooker i think - or at least about the same

both look like rhythm based game manager types as passers but DTR has a little something extra

i think id still prefer a vet but as a developmental backup DTR would potentially be a nice fit too

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Speaking from a place of real ignorance on this one. But why do people like DTR? He reminds me of Huntley in so many ways

Simba

Staff Member
Speaking from a place of real ignorance on this one. But why do people like DTR? He reminds me of Huntley in so many ways
He’s got the brains too. You can see his processing and ability to read a defense and adjust instead of just running vanilla schemes and quick hitters. He’s far from perfect but looks like a long term backup

rossihunter2

Staff Member

certainly similar physical tools to huntley - think he's better in terms of suddenness and general explosion as an athlete than huntley and probably has the ability to put some more zip on the ball too

but i like how he is when he's in rhythm, accurate, good decision-maker, gets through progressions with good timing, reads when he's hot, looking off safeties

huntley should have been drafted
i think DTR is a better QB prospect than huntley - i dont think he's a starter but i do think he can develop into a good backup - think the ceiling is a bit higher than huntley's

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
certainly similar physical tools to huntley - think he's better in terms of suddenness and general explosion as an athlete than huntley and probably has the ability to put some more zip on the ball too

but i like how he is when he's in rhythm, accurate, good decision-maker, gets through progressions with good timing, reads when he's hot, looking off safeties

huntley should have been drafted
i think DTR is a better QB prospect than huntley - i dont think he's a starter but i do think he can develop into a good backup - think the ceiling is a bit higher than huntley's
Ok yeah I can totally see that. I just didn't think this guy looks like a guy you'd want starting. But could be a great Lamar backup

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

This is why I would be willing to take the risk of drafting him high. He legit seems to understand his athletic ability alone isn't enough, and will work with coaches on his mechanics, and actually listen to them. I can see him having the same kind of second year breakout that Lamar did. If the rumored Colts trade happens and we end up with AR at pick 4 I would be excited.