• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 13 Denver Broncos @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah me! I understand that it is hard to win in the NFL. I understand the "Win is a Win" mantra. I get it! I really do but I don't like it because to me it is about "how" you looked (performed) in that win. And, based on how you performed (or have been performing game after game after game, etc. ) tells the real story in my book. Winning doesn't erase the issues. It only masks it and those issues will rear their ugly heads at the most inopportune time such as a game with playoff implications or a playoff game itself.
yes, but this is why I never believe it's as bad or good as it seems and it certainly seems really bad now.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah me! I understand that it is hard to win in the NFL. I understand the "Win is a Win" mantra. I get it! I really do but I don't like it because to me it is about "how" you looked (performed) in that win. And, based on how you performed (or have been performing game after game after game, etc. ) tells the real story in my book. Winning doesn't erase the issues. It only masks it and those issues will rear their ugly heads at the most inopportune time such as a game with playoff implications or a playoff game itself.
Well said, Mili!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, but this is why I never believe it's as bad or good as it seems and it certainly seems really bad now.
Offensively? This is bad! It has been consistently bad for 3 weeks now. 3 weeks' worth of piss-poor offensive against the panthers, jaguars, and now the broncos. The film doesn't lie and more importantly, my eyes don't either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh ok! :lol:So now, you want to be the "cat" that messes with me and uses that "breakout" foolishness huh RM?
of course. btw, I was just testing the filter. That filter was supposed to change the word breakout to 'spam'. Too bad it didn't work.

@purplepittabread88 can you look into this. We need that filter that idiot we aren't allowed to say on PF. He goes by three letters that start with a J.. The filter should change his name to ... and another filter for the word breakout to 'spam' or if mili will like something else, he will reply to this post.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
of course. btw, I was just testing the filter. That filter was supposed to change the word breakout to 'spam'. Too bad it didn't work.

@purplepittabread88 can you look into this. We need that filter that idiot we aren't allowed to say on PF. He goes by three letters that start with a J.. The filter should change his name to ... and another filter for the word breakout to 'spam' or if mili will like something else, he will reply to this post.
I understand the J** part of this but I can't lie, trying to read and follow what's going on here is giving me a stroke

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I never use the word "breakout" to depict a person having a good game. I just say, "they could have a good game" and that's it! Again, to me, it seems like the moment that the BR.com writers start throwing that buzzword around about a player, that player disappears for the next few games. So, to me, it wasn't really a breakout but a good game. To me, when you breakout-you stay out and perform more consistently without performing a disappearing act.

Status
Not open for further replies.