• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Ugly and The Win I Guess???

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So it’s ok for someone who deems themselves professional to cuss someone out and use vulgarity on social media? Specifically when dealing with their jobs? For some of you I really wonder if you’ve ever had a true professional job/career or if y’all just sit on your asses all day
Maybe. Just depends on the job.

Honestly if this guy worked for me, I'd probably consider firing him for posting something so stupid online.

The reason people like this post this shit online is because a) they probably don't have a job worth keeping if they were to be fired, b) they may own some small business and not give a shit what people think about them (likely losing business that way, but they're too stupid to know), or c) they're unemployed themselves and have nothing to lose.

If I had a true, professional career (which I do), I'm never posting a video of myself cursing out another human being in a parking lot, when I don't know the person or really have no reasonable reason to do so (i.e. they actually did something personally to me). Like you can do it if you want to and pray nobody notices, but I'm certainly not streaming it myself.

That level of stupidity isn't a person I could ever justify employing for me.

I don't really care about the whole EDC/Ozzie thing, mostly because Ozzie had long stretches multiple times where he drafted like total shit. So if people want to judge EDC on like a 3 year sample of such, that's on them. I can find three year samples for Ozzie that are worse.

You're right I think people overlook Ozzies bad draft periods because when he hit he really hit with superstars like Ed, Lewis, Suggs etc...

Decostas 2019 draft class was Dookie, 2020 has some decent players so far with Queen, Madbukie, Duv. 2021 some decent players so far.... but none in my opinion have that elite factor and that's why people say Eric has been bad at drafting although I agree is still to early to judge some of these players.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
So it’s ok for someone who deems themselves professional to cuss someone out and use vulgarity on social media? Specifically when dealing with their jobs? For some of you I really wonder if you’ve ever had a true professional job/career or if y’all just sit on your asses all day

I’ve been a Finance Manager for over 6 years. You’d never catch me drunk in public or yelling at ANYONE simply because I spent money to see them.

It’s about respect. Money doesn’t entitle you to shit.

@Sizzle and @ rmcjacket23

Yall got like three pages on the Roman thing please let it go lol. Yall can agree to disagree like yall practically do with every topic ...

I speak for the board on this lol.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yall got like three pages on the Roman thing please let it go lol. Yall can agree to disagree like yall practically do with every topic ...

C46BE032-7DC8-4796-9F9E-76906D2FE542.gif

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve been a Finance Manager for over 6 years. You’d never catch me drunk in public or yelling at ANYONE simply because I spent money to see them.

It’s about respect. Money doesn’t entitle you to shit.

So what you’re saying is Lamar isn’t respectful with what he put on social media?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

We don’t agree to disagree, I literally stop responding to him. There’s no agreeing to disagree with him on anything ever

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe. Just depends on the job.

Honestly if this guy worked for me, I'd probably consider firing him for posting something so stupid online.

The reason people like this post this shit online is because a) they probably don't have a job worth keeping if they were to be fired, b) they may own some small business and not give a shit what people think about them (likely losing business that way, but they're too stupid to know), or c) they're unemployed themselves and have nothing to lose.

If I had a true, professional career (which I do), I'm never posting a video of myself cursing out another human being in a parking lot, when I don't know the person or really have no reasonable reason to do so (i.e. they actually did something personally to me). Like you can do it if you want to and pray nobody notices, but I'm certainly not streaming it myself.

That level of stupidity isn't a person I could ever justify employing for me.
Or d), Jekyll and Hyde with anonymity

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Honestly don't care. I don't know why that would be a circus. Nobody really thinks he has the balls to sit out and not collect $45M+, and I don't think he'll be able to stomach the fines very long either.

If he wants to piss away the whole preseason, that's his choice. He'll just have to show up and play great with (hopefully) a new OC and some additional weapons, without spending any practice time with them.

Good luck to him with that.

Also, if he thinks he's going to get public support by holding out from getting paid $45M+, good luck to him with that one as well. Public is going to crucify him more than Roman for that. The argument of "he's underpaid" gets eviscerated the moment the tag is applied.

In my opinion, it's all moot, because I think Lamar wants the tag.
This was Harbaugh and EDC plan all along. Keep Roman until Lamar's tagged forcing him to show up and learn the new PB in camp. Sneaky fucks

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can you guys make a private chat room for this squabble? Y’all exceeded the 3 page limit to continue this here.

Now.. back to firing GRo and Harbs can go with him talk..

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
whenever this comes up it's completely ignorant of a few things but

1) EDC's been running the draft for a lot longer than he's been GM
2) 2 of his drafts have been significantly impacted by covid
3) only 1 of his drafts since he became GM has hit the 3 year mark where you can normally judge a class (and admittedly that one was a complete dud)... the next one (2020) is in year 3 right now and looks fine - not special but certainly not awful - and the other 2 are in way too early to tell territory

i think there's more of a legitimate criticism that can be made about overall team-building and not using free agency well enough in the way that Ozzie was great at making sure we arent governed by need or leaving gaping holes open when we get to the draft whereas EDC has been having to plug leaks at multiple positions the last few years well into the season where holes were obvious - cant kill him for what he had to do at LB in 2021 because Queen was too green still, but can definitely question what he did at OT in 2021 and WR in 2022 (in both cases, notably traded away a high quality starter who didnt want to be here but then didnt adequately replace them - and i think the lesson he has to learn is that if we want to trade away guys like that we have to have better more concrete plans for replacing them)

EDC is clearly less risk-averse than Ozzie, and in consecutive years it's come back to bite him - i like him being aggressive, think there's some key lessons he can learn though from the last 2 years
I don't think you're wrong. But people focus on when he was officially GM because otherwise it becomes how far back do you go?

Also people are def projecting on some of the drafts. See Queen as a reason not to do it. But also there are some guys you definitely know are not going to come along.

I personally agree the biggest issue has been in roster construction.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Agreed college production does not equate to pro ready. BUUUUUT one was drafted in the first round and one in the third. One played in the Big Ten and the other Conference USA. The expectations were very different
One looked like an actual pass rusher while the other clearly needed some help.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You're right I think people overlook Ozzies bad draft periods because when he hit he really hit with superstars like Ed, Lewis, Suggs etc...

Decostas 2019 draft class was Dookie, 2020 has some decent players so far with Queen, Madbukie, Duv. 2021 some decent players so far.... but none in my opinion have that elite factor and that's why people say Eric has been bad at drafting although I agree is still to early to judge some of these players.
I think edc will continue to go the route he went this past season.. we drafted mainly all guys who basically were or looked kinda nfl ready if you know what i mean. Even guys who havent produced for us this year like jones and kolar had some good tape in college and looked like they could produce their 1st yr in the nfl.

you look at guys like odefe, clevland and stephens and you could tell those guys needed alot work development for them to succeed. Kinda like they were projects who had great measurables and we hoped to turn them into something great.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
“Regular joes”

Bro if you want to heckle and not get talked back to just say that LMFAO

But as “soft” as you think the generation is you’d be the first one crying that a player told you to go Fuck yourself. They are regular people, stop the worship lmfao

WHO YOU FOOLING???
lol fr. This dude rants and raves about every little thing he dislikes or disagrees with, like he’s genuinely offended that its not cool for grown adults to get drunk and publicly shout obscenities at a football coach, but we are all “pc” and “softies” lmfao.

Idk man seems pretty soft to me to get your panties in a bunch because fellow forum-goers don’t agree with your perspective, have your perspectives all you want but people don’t have to agree with them, and his perspective is one that none of us agree with and he’s so upset about it like always lol.

Dude wants his way and his way only, he wants it to be cool to publicly act like a complete asshole because we are just regular joes, but god forbid a rich athlete has a case of Twitter fingers one day, then suddenly they aren’t people they’re just Uber rich role models who need to be perfect or else they’ll face his wrath on the internet lol. He wants Roman gone so cussing him out in public is acceptable, but also he’s not a big Lamar supporter either so if Lamar behaves similarly then it’s all RRREEEEE. One minute it’s “how would your billionaire boss feel about this tweet??” And the next it’s “you’re a millionaire YOU NEED TO BE BETTER! We can’t all be rich playing a game so you need to be perfect!”

And the funniest part is he really doesn’t even see all his self-contradicting behavior, no matter how much we point it out to him… I still don’t think he’s a troll, just an individual who really needs to tune in to his thoughts and feelings on shit and have opinions that he isn’t gonna contradict within the next few posts.