• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bills

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This actually depends on that the accuracy issues come from. Lamar was inaccurate because of his mechanics, which are in fact correctable and he has been working on these and trying not to go back to his old ways. He isn’t ready now, but if he continues to work hard at correcting them, he will be accurate. His most difficult throws have been outside the hash marks. Other than that, he’s pretty good at leading the wr.

He also has been steadily improving throughout the preseason.

I’m glad James Urban is his qb coach.
I agree! Also, the way he throw the ball snd holds it look weird to me

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ugh. Its look like it could be really wet tomorrow. That evens the field as we are the much better team.
When the top weapons on offense are lesean McCoy who definitely doesn’t have a mudder skill set, and kelvin Benjamin who catches with his forearms, ill take us in the rain

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This, I think, is a bigger myth than people realize. Mechanics are generally 99% of why someone is inaccurate and the reason it is so drastically difficult to correct is because this was built up since he could throw a football. I'm sure all the high school coaches think they can correct mechanics, then all the college coaches, then all the NFL coaches.

Accuracy issues are a HUGE red flag and not easily correctible. But hears to hoping that Lamar gets it figured out.
i throw like arod.. no wonder im so accruate

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He look alright.. that throw to moore was a dot though
He was throwing darts the last 2 weeks. His fades are horrendous and he lacks timing on the outside throws, but man when he was zipping across the middle he was money. He also showed plenty of running ability.

I was worried about lamar a little bit up until the Miami game, then he followed it up the next week, and I think I’ve seen enough to think he should develop into a real starter

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He was throwing darts the last 2 weeks. His fades are horrendous and he lacks timing on the outside throws, but man when he was zipping across the middle he was money. He also showed plenty of running ability.

I was worried about lamar a little bit up until the Miami game, then he followed it up the next week, and I think I’ve seen enough to think he should develop into a real starter
One thing i must admit, he has been improving game by game and its noticeable but im still unsure how he will turn out

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

One thing that really pisses me tf off is his total lack of effort when it comes to sliding. I didn’t watch the last game so maybe he improved but it was getting ridiculous those first couple of games. Hes just asking to get hurt.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One thing that really pisses me tf off is his total lack of effort when it comes to sliding. I didn’t watch the last game so maybe he improved but it was getting ridiculous those first couple of games. Hes just asking to get hurt.
He hasn’t worked on that at all...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Absolutely no doubt that there is no guarantee anymore. What we gave up is worth the shot though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

You’d think the coaching staff would go off on him for that but it’s like they don’t care?

Totally agree here, but I have heard that RG3 is working with him on sliding.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
LOL at this tweet and the way he defends the Bills.

Mike Costanza‏ @mCoast9 Sep 7
Ravens have this reputation of being this “great” franchise. Over the last 5 years they are 40-40. The bills have this reputation of being a joke. Over the last 5 years they are 39-41. Each team has one playoff appearance. #bills #Ravens #BUFvsBAL

https://twitter.com/mCoast9/status/1038065538235289600
One has 2 super bowl wins in its short 22 year existence, the other has nothing more than conference trophies, dating back to pre-merger days. Smh

JO_75

Hall of Famer
One has 2 super bowl wins in its short 22 year existence, the other has nothing more than conference trophies, dating back to pre-merger days. Smh

I just like how far out of the way he goes to trash us. He says past 5 years, negating our second Super Bowl win which was 6 seasons ago thus removing it to attempt to make his point. Can't wait for tomorrow, I imagine he'll be singing a different tune come 4PM.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
This is exactly what I mean, though. You're asking someone who has done the same style motions for 16, 17 years to all of a sudden forget every single thing he's done and rebuild it. You're telling him to entirely change the mechanics that he probably doesn't even have to think about executing. I'm sure Lamar doesn't even realize how he's throwing.

It is NOT as easy as some people want to make it seem.

This is a bit of an extreme example and this is definitely not a 1:1 because this player had further issues, but think of Tim Tebow. He had a HORRENDOUS throwing motion and was horrible with his mechanics. But he had an AMAZING work ethic and an AMAZING attitude on the field. But he just never actually got any better. It is not easy to fix mechanics and that's one of the biggest issues in the scouting community.

Scouts see the amazing arm strength, the big body, the ability to run and they think they can just fix the throwing motion. That's easy to do they say. Well, turns out it isn't.
I agree with what you think no matter what sport what action has anyone ever told you to redue something you’ve done your entire life? If you focus hard on it it might work for a minute. When you have a 280 linebacker chasing you instincts will take over automatically and you’ll go back to natural form.

I have high cocern lamar will never be able to through a constant cannon launch and will be lmimited to Ryan Tanny throws.
Obviously his athleticism adds another dynamic but eventually that will fade.

I think the clear reason we never saw him throw deep more than 4-5 Times in the preseason is because he can’t. I saw him live in warm ups trying to throw deep and it was disgusting how inaccurate it was. Litteraly like he was just heaving it. All be it that was the hall of fame game and he has come a long way. Idk

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
With the rain and the fact that the Bills have an absolutely abysmal oline. It's hard for me not to pick us winning this game. Hopefully we actually come to play. The Bills have no business being in this game. Their defense is decent with a pretty good secondary, but that secondary does have holes at the other two corner spots other than White. And that run defense might be a weakness for the team as well. The LB Corps has been depleted significantly, and the dline is older.

I have us winning 35-10, with the defense easily taking home the MVP. Watching the preseason, Peterman actually looks like he's improved, but his supporting cast outside of McCoy and Benjamin is kind of pathetic. Suggs, Urban, Judon, Tim, and even Za'Darius might be licking their chops. I could see our front 7 absolutely dominate this game.