• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bills

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I know this is random and no related to the Bill's but I've been trying to get on here for 3 weeks now and it never worked I thought the site was taken down anyone else have these issues???????

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I know this is random and no related to the Bill's but I've been trying to get on here for 3 weeks now and it never worked I thought the site was taken down anyone else have these issues???????
Yeah, it went down for a while. The site came back sometime last week.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I really wish Josh Allen was starting. I have no doubts we do well against Peterman but man it'd essentially be a free win. Still maintain my stance that he's going to be the bust of the decade. Thank fuck he didn't fall to 16

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I really wish Josh Allen was starting. I have no doubts we do well against Peterman but man it'd essentially be a free win. Still maintain my stance that he's going to be the bust of the decade. Thank fuck he didn't fall to 16
i dont think lamar is much better than him tbh. both look terrible

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you also cant teach accuracy which lamar has struggled with since highschool.
This actually depends on that the accuracy issues come from. Lamar was inaccurate because of his mechanics, which are in fact correctable and he has been working on these and trying not to go back to his old ways. He isn’t ready now, but if he continues to work hard at correcting them, he will be accurate. His most difficult throws have been outside the hash marks. Other than that, he’s pretty good at leading the wr.

He also has been steadily improving throughout the preseason.

I’m glad James Urban is his qb coach.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t think lamar ever develops a fade, that’s my issue with him. Throws outside the hash are HIGHLY dependent on timing of release and rapport with the target, so I think he can fix that, but the fades are so bad I just don’t think he can correct it. You gotta remember he’s just learning under center footwork, trying to take the snap, drop, keep your eye on the defense, all of that is on an internal clock, he’s still developing that clock.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
This actually depends on that the accuracy issues come from. Lamar was inaccurate because of his mechanics, which are in fact correctable and he has been working on these and trying not to go back to his old ways. He isn’t ready now, but if he continues to work hard at correcting them, he will be accurate. His most difficult throws have been outside the hash marks. Other than that, he’s pretty good at leading the wr.

This, I think, is a bigger myth than people realize. Mechanics are generally 99% of why someone is inaccurate and the reason it is so drastically difficult to correct is because this was built up since he could throw a football. I'm sure all the high school coaches think they can correct mechanics, then all the college coaches, then all the NFL coaches.

Accuracy issues are a HUGE red flag and not easily correctible. But hears to hoping that Lamar gets it figured out.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Lamar is at least accurate in the WCO sense of throwing in a straight line, and is deadly accurate on the run. The deep ball accuracy is actually improveable, and well since he looks like he's done an entire resetting of his mechanics, I'd say that he's going to be fine. Lamar can also... read a field. Allen can't do that. Lamar generally doesn't make stupid decisions on the field.
This, I think, is a bigger myth than people realize. Mechanics are generally 99% of why someone is inaccurate and the reason it is so drastically difficult to correct is because this was built up since he could throw a football. I'm sure all the high school coaches think they can correct mechanics, then all the college coaches, then all the NFL coaches.

Accuracy issues are a HUGE red flag and not easily correctible. But hears to hoping that Lamar gets it figured out.
It is a difficult issue to correct, but in Lamar's case I really think this is going to work. He's rebuilding his mechanics entirely. Undoing what was already learned. Which then makes sense to give him the year off of the bench because that's something you can develop without significant playing time. It's not like Lamar lacked accuracy entirely like Allen does. Dude was very good at leading the receiver over the middle.

I don't buy the "a year away from being a year away".

That said... It wouldn't surprise me if we make the playoffs if Flacco stays next year too. Why break up a winning team even if it costs you some money? Flacco has a bounce back season like he's very well capable of doing and we make the postseason I don't see Flacco leaving. We miss the postseason, he's gone and we go all in on Lamar after releasing him or trading him(I mean if AJ McCaron could get a draft pick....Even with an atrocious contract some team will take a chance on him if they see themselves as a QB away from a super bowl *cough* Jacksonville *cough*).

Either way, I do have this game penciled in as a W but the disparity of record could be anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4. It will all depend on the offensive line and defense. I have little to no doubts about the defense, they should be a top 5 unit. But if the oline plays well, a super bowl appearance isn't out of the question if you ask me. And if that happens. Keep Flacco. Only big FA we have is CJ and John Brown. You can probably keep one of them and you'll keep a winning team together

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It is a difficult issue to correct, but in Lamar's case I really think this is going to work. He's rebuilding his mechanics entirely. Undoing what was already learned.
This is exactly what I mean, though. You're asking someone who has done the same style motions for 16, 17 years to all of a sudden forget every single thing he's done and rebuild it. You're telling him to entirely change the mechanics that he probably doesn't even have to think about executing. I'm sure Lamar doesn't even realize how he's throwing.

It is NOT as easy as some people want to make it seem.

This is a bit of an extreme example and this is definitely not a 1:1 because this player had further issues, but think of Tim Tebow. He had a HORRENDOUS throwing motion and was horrible with his mechanics. But he had an AMAZING work ethic and an AMAZING attitude on the field. But he just never actually got any better. It is not easy to fix mechanics and that's one of the biggest issues in the scouting community.

Scouts see the amazing arm strength, the big body, the ability to run and they think they can just fix the throwing motion. That's easy to do they say. Well, turns out it isn't.