• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Falcons

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How many times will Isabella get between the QB and the snap on those? How many QB-RB exchanges will he run into? That seems to be the main function of those fakes these days - they haven't fooled any defenses since 2019.

tbf they're not about faking - that motion is to create conflict in LBs and DEs at the snap to force them to make decisions so that you can make them wrong and get a numbers advantage somewhere

either you give it to a guy who's fast enough to turn the corner, you fake the end-around and hand-off to the RB or even have the QB keep it and run behind pullers opposite to the motion if the LBs overpursue and you get a crease

that's why they use it a lot on 3rd and 3(ish) because it's really tough to stop unless the DL blows up the IOL or they screw up the exchanges

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not trying to say anything other than a statement of fact. With DJax, Watkins, and Isabella out there, this team has speed out there it hasn't had since Bate and Duv.

Problem is some of that speed can only play 5 snaps a game. Some of that speed has been here 4 days and was shitty in GB. And some of that speed has never done anything in the NFL.

Let's go Huntley and the B squad!!!!
Speed and a QB without an arm.

Two WRs are a hamstring in waiting
One WR has butter for fingers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not trying to say anything other than a statement of fact. With DJax, Watkins, and Isabella out there, this team has speed out there it hasn't had since Bate and Duv.

Problem is some of that speed can only play 5 snaps a game. Some of that speed has been here 4 days and was shitty in GB. And some of that speed has never done anything in the NFL.

Let's go Huntley and the B squad!!!!

i think B is generous lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
tbf they're not about faking - that motion is to create conflict in LBs and DEs at the snap to force them to make decisions so that you can make them wrong and get a numbers advantage somewhere

either you give it to a guy who's fast enough to turn the corner, you fake the end-around and hand-off to the RB or even have the QB keep it and run behind pullers opposite to the motion if the LBs overpursue and you get a crease

that's why they use it a lot on 3rd and 3(ish) because it's really tough to stop unless the DL blows up the IOL or they screw up the exchanges
I get the theory, but they hand off so rarely (and so ineffectively when they do) that it doesn't create any conflict in defenders. The end result is just Duvernay running pointlessly across the formation to no effect.

Well, no effect other than taking Duv out of the play and cancelling the numbers advantage Lamar gives the offense.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yo I better see at least one play of 11 personnel with DJax, Isabella, Watkins/Drob, and Andrews on the field.

If your OC is not completely incompetent, with the OL and run game we have, you should be able pass successfully.

Is that the idea WR corps, hell no!! Is that better than what we've had the last month, on paper, hell yeah!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was the first thing I thought of after this

Na what I mean? Na what I mean? Na what I mean? Hell no! You haven't said anything worth :poop::poop:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Damn!

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor