• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Falcons

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So it shall be written. So it shall be done.
yeah, you know that won't happen. He just had his 9th 10 win season in 15 years. Now there is no doubt in my mind that "Roman will part ways" with the organization

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
How do we manage Lamar over the next two games? Allow him to finish games or rest him if we are ahead in the 4th quarter? Save him from potential injury!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rays arent actually in tampa.. most people dont know this which makes sense but they literally arent in the city of tampa.
OK but that doesn't matter. The demographic breakdown of St Petersburg is extremely similar to that of Tampa. Not to mention its like a 30 minute drive from downtown Tampa to the Rays stadium.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
OK but that doesn't matter. The demographic breakdown of St Petersburg is extremely similar to that of Tampa. Not to mention its like a 30 minute drive from downtown Tampa to the Rays stadium.
It does matter lol but ok. I only have lived here my whole life

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It does matter lol but ok. I only have lived here my whole life
If it mattered, Pro Sports in Tampa would have hire attendance figures than they do. But they don't. And no, no politician is going to sell anybody on the idea that the Rays don't draw because their stadium is in St Petersburg. Nobody cares. It doesn't draw because people in the area don't care about Baseball.
Bucs stadium is in Tampa. They didn't draw before Brady. They'll likely not draw after Brady unless they get somebody like Brady. This isn't the same fanbase of a Buffalo or Cleveland types who will come out and support garbage products for decades because they have nothing else to do.

When the Redskins were good, they draw crowds. Didn't matter that the stadium isn't in DC.
The Giants/Jets continue to draw crowds. They've sucked for a long time. Doesn't matter that the stadium isn't in NYC (or in New York at all for that matter).
Cowboys draw heaps to every game. Stadium is 30 minutes outside of Dallas.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
On Lamar, if you really break it down, doesn't make a huge amount of sense for him to play this week anyway. You can't win the division this week, regardless of outcomes, and you've already clinched a playoff spot.

The only reason to play him is that you can lose the division this week. You just can't win it. And if you lose the division this week, then it makes practically no sense to play him in week 18 in a meaningless game. Though obviously getting him game reps before the playoffs would be ideal.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If it mattered, Pro Sports in Tampa would have hire attendance figures than they do. But they don't. And no, no politician is going to sell anybody on the idea that the Rays don't draw because their stadium is in St Petersburg. Nobody cares. It doesn't draw because people in the area don't care about Baseball.
Bucs stadium is in Tampa. They didn't draw before Brady. They'll likely not draw after Brady unless they get somebody like Brady. This isn't the same fanbase of a Buffalo or Cleveland types who will come out and support garbage products for decades because they have nothing else to do.

When the Redskins were good, they draw crowds. Didn't matter that the stadium isn't in DC.
The Giants/Jets continue to draw crowds. They've sucked for a long time. Doesn't matter that the stadium isn't in NYC (or in New York at all for that matter).
Cowboys draw heaps to every game. Stadium is 30 minutes outside of Dallas.
Have you ever been to st pete? There isnt shit to do over there at all like nothing. Tampa is like wakanda compared to st pete. And why are you comparing football crowds to baseball crowds lol..if rays stadium were in tampa, stadium wouldnt be packed but it would most def be much more people at that stadium.. likely the reason why they were trying to buy up land here to move stadium over to tampa like 3yrs ago..

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have you ever been to st pete? And why are you comparing football crowds to baseball crowds lol.. ok im done frfr
lol yes. I was thoroughly unimpressed with St Pete, just like I was thoroughly unimpressed with Tampa. And most of Florida for that matter.

I'm comparing football crowds to baseball crowds because the sport isn't the reason why attendance doesn't draw in Central Florida. Or most parts of Florida for that matter.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
lol yes. I was thoroughly unimpressed with St Pete, just like I was thoroughly unimpressed with Tampa. And most of Florida for that matter.

I'm comparing football crowds to baseball crowds because the sport isn't the reason why attendance doesn't draw in Central Florida. Or most parts of Florida for that matter.
Yea Florida really isnt the state for unhappy people… sorry we couldnt impress you.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea Florida really isnt the state for unhappy people… sorry we couldnt impress you.
lol, from a "happiness" perspective, I don't think anybody would ever sell Florida as a place where people go to be "happy".

While I'm sure the sites that do these grade on a very subjective scale, if you look at places that do reviews of States based on "happiness" factors, you won't find Florida anywhere near the top of the list. In fact they're one of the lowest in the context of most populated states. New York does better.

Florida has warm weather and no state income tax. It's perfect for poor and middle classed retirees to live. They ain't the happy people.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
lol, from a "happiness" perspective, I don't think anybody would ever sell Florida as a place where people go to be "happy".

While I'm sure the sites that do these grade on a very subjective scale, if you look at places that do reviews of States based on "happiness" factors, you won't find Florida anywhere near the top of the list. In fact they're one of the lowest in the context of most populated states. New York does better.

Florida has warm weather and no state income tax. It's perfect for poor and middle classed retirees to live. They ain't the happy people.
See thats your problem. experience beats anything you can possibly read or learn about..How you figure they arent the happy people? You read about that too?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
See thats your problem. experience beats anything you can possibly read or learn about..How you figure they arent the happy people? You read about that too?
But experiences are limited to the very small amount of people you'll ever know, understand, or talk to. So do you think your "experiences" are a completely accurate or honest reflection of a city with hundreds of thousands or millions of people, and a State with tens of millions of people?

As for why people don't like Florida...
1. A routinely high aging population due to retirees moving there for reduced social security taxation and higher temperatures. Also compounded by one of the worst traffic problems in the Country (routinely among the highest in traffic congestion).
2. Generally flat and unimpressive income growth and streams for the entire State. Despite being one of the highest in population, its average or below average in pretty much any income category you'll find, including household averages and medians, job and GDP growth rates, affordable housing metrics, etc.
3. A larger-than-most-state immigration influx. Either a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it.

And funny thing is... I generally like Florida. It's just not this awesomely wonderful State either. Very few are.

And no, just because you and some of your buddies love it doesn't make it a majority opinion. In fact, it pretty much guarantees it'll be a minority opinion. That's what "experience" gets you. It's like using the "eye test" to evaluate the NFL. Most people can't even see straight, so why the fuck would you trust something that sucks to begin with as your method of evaluation?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
But experiences are limited to the very small amount of people you'll ever know, understand, or talk to. So do you think your "experiences" are a completely accurate or honest reflection of a city with hundreds of thousands or millions of people, and a State with tens of millions of people?

1. A routinely high aging population due to retirees moving there for reduced social security taxation and higher temperatures. Also compounded by one of the worst traffic problems in the Country (routinely among the highest in traffic congestion).
2. Generally flat and unimpressive income growth and streams for the entire State. Despite being one of the highest in population, its average or below average in pretty much any income category you'll find, including household averages and medians, job and GDP growth rates, affordable housing metrics, etc.
3. A larger-than-most-state immigration influx. Either a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it.

And funny thing is... I generally like Florida. It's just not this awesomely wonderful State either. Very few are.

And no, just because you and some of your buddies love it doesn't make it a majority opinion. In fact, it pretty much guarantees it'll be a minority opinion. That's what "experience" gets you. It's like using the "eye test" to evaluate the NFL. Most people can't even see straight, so why the fuck would you trust something that sucks to begin with as your method of evaluation?
Every state has good and bad areas. What areas are you talking about, because it's unfair to actually say this is true about the entire state.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every state has good and bad areas. What areas are you talking about, because it's unfair to actually say this is true about the entire state.
lol my comments were state wide. Statewide, Florida has an aging population (this would fall under the category of duh), average to below average job and income prospects compared to other states, and higher immigration than most states. Given that, its pretty obvious why some people might not find it the best place on Earth to live.

Regardless, while I don't live there, I've spent plenty time in Central Florida. Nobody can come up with an argument that the reason Tampa pro sports teams don't draw as well is because St Petersburg has a significant demographic difference than Tampa. That doesn't exist.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lol my comments were state wide. Statewide, Florida has an aging population (this would fall under the category of duh), average to below average job and income prospects compared to other states, and higher immigration than most states. Given that, its pretty obvious why some people might not find it the best place on Earth to live.

Regardless, while I don't live there, I've spent plenty time in Central Florida. Nobody can come up with an argument that the reason Tampa pro sports teams don't draw as well is because St Petersburg has a significant demographic difference than Tampa. That doesn't exist.
boy you do like to generalize. I'm not saying it's a great state to live. You didn't need to restate what you already said and I'm saying all those things you said aren't the end all be all. There are some absolutely beautiful places to live in Florida as well as many other states that may not be great states. I don't live down there as I live in Montgomery County, MD.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'm just so happy you are around. I'm going to dig deep into your immense knowledge base when I plan to relocate to some obscure part of the world.