• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok now I'm pissed off lol. Roman just said Huntley's shoulder injury is something he's been dealing with for weeks and has affected how he calls the game. If that is true, Huntley, who is already bad, is playing hurt and further preventing him from being able to make the passes required.

The fact that Harbs and GRo think they should be sending out a hurt Huntley rather than AB or bringing in another vet seems absolutely crazy to me.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok now I'm pissed off lol. Roman just said Huntley's shoulder injury is something he's been dealing with for weeks and has affected how he calls the game. If that is true, Huntley, who is already bad, is playing hurt and further preventing him from being able to make the passes required.

The fact that Harbs and GRo think they should be sending out a hurt Huntley rather than AB or bringing in another vet seems absolutely crazy to me.
We desperately need to see what AB can do, and Huntley has been injured so long, now would be the perfect time.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Dude has had a pretty tough run of it. They said he played with the flu against the Broncos.

I trust they are/have been doing what gives them the best chance to win.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bengals fans acting all pissed off over this and how they got screwed over the most, the league helped us more, etc. I was going to just watch red zone Sunday and not watch our game with Huntley starting, but they wanna be crybabies, I'll watch and hope we somehow crush them.

With Huntley's noodle arm and the running game of Dobbins and the one time Gus gets the ball and never plays again after that... we'll crush them. 13-10 lol.
It’s been something else

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Dude has had a pretty tough run of it. They said he played with the flu against the Broncos.

I trust they are/have been doing what gives them the best chance to win.
They certainly may have thought that. But there's quite enough data to say maybe that wasn't the best idea. Would like to see AB this week

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Little confused on what we need Sunday. A win + a Chargers win gets us to the coin toss or is it just a win?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Just another tick on the long list of reasons to get rid of them both.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Personally I don’t like how the NFL decided this at all. If we beat the Bengals, a coin flip totally fucks us. I don’t even care about this game on Sunday anymore. Rest as many of the starters as you can and play as healthy as we can get in the playoffs. Hopefully with Lamar at the helm.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Personally I don’t like how the NFL decided this at all. If we beat the Bengals, a coin flip totally fucks us. I don’t even care about this game on Sunday anymore. Rest as many of the starters as you can and play as healthy as we can get in the playoffs. Hopefully with Lamar at the helm.
I kinda feel the same way, but can’t watch a game thinking we aren’t trying to win.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I kinda feel the same way, but can’t watch a game thinking we aren’t trying to win.
Just play a good game making sure we key in on limiting penalties, form, game planning for weaknesses in the playoffs (if we play them again), and generally substitutions in keeping our front lines fresh. Play to win, but more importantly make this game about honing up for the playoff run.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
2014 wild card vs Pitt comes to mind. Dean pees, who I fucking hated, put on a clinic, really showed how to use your units on defense in tandem with eachother. Everyone thought we would blitz tf out of their trash OL but instead we dropped 7 all day and used McPhee to terrorize any given spot on the front and it worked beautifully
That's a good point. Pees definitely did game plan for specific opponents. Wink not so much, but MacDonald does seem to make little adjustments for some opponents.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I'm still so confused on why people think we should be resting guys this week. It's not like this is a team firing on all cylinders right now. There are issues and they aren't going to be solved by guys sitting on the sidelines.
I'm on the other side. There's very little to gain by playing our starters. If we are ever going to start firing on any cylinders this season, best to save it for the playoffs, with Lamar (hopefully) back, rather than showing Cincinnati whatever is working for us and giving Anarumo a week to neutralize it.

He's a really good DC who'll easily outsmart Roman given a week to prepare for the same again. ( And it will be the same.)

ravensrule52

Practice Squad
Bengals VS Bills game cancelled, darn that sucks. If the Bills win that would be cool to not have to play the Bengals in the wild card tbh I'm scared.