• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Bengals about to beat us like Joe Jackson and we're a young rebellious Michael. I'm onto the playoffs and hoping for a healthy game.

ravensrule52

Practice Squad
Bengals about to beat us like Joe Jackson and we're a young rebellious Michael. I'm onto the playoffs and hoping for a healthy game.
This is true animal-bottlenose-dolphin-close-up-cute.jpg

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm on the other side. There's very little to gain by playing our starters. If we are ever going to start firing on any cylinders this season, best to save it for the playoffs, with Lamar (hopefully) back, rather than showing Cincinnati whatever is working for us and giving Anarumo a week to neutralize it.

He's a really good DC who'll easily outsmart Roman given a week to prepare for the same again. ( And it will be the same.)
We should keep our starters on a pitch count to rest them, but not cause rust.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm on the other side. There's very little to gain by playing our starters. If we are ever going to start firing on any cylinders this season, best to save it for the playoffs, with Lamar (hopefully) back, rather than showing Cincinnati whatever is working for us and giving Anarumo a week to neutralize it.

He's a really good DC who'll easily outsmart Roman given a week to prepare for the same again. ( And it will be the same.)
The goal is to get some semblance of decent play out there. Not sure how sitting them a week and trying the next week is going to change anything. This team needs to work through the struggles. Not ruminate on them.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
The goal is to get some semblance of decent play out there. Not sure how sitting them a week and trying the next week is going to change anything. This team needs to work through the struggles. Not ruminate on them.
We've been working through the struggles since about week 4, the chances of this being the week when it suddenly clicking are slim.

Teams usually self scout and make improvements over their bye week. I think we've got more chance of improving on the training field than in Cincinnati. It's also a good chance for important players to rest and recuperate.

I'd sit all the key players, and the old players entirely this week and treat it like the last pre-season game.

Simba

Staff Member
We've been working through the struggles since about week 4, the chances of this being the week when it suddenly clicking are slim.

Teams usually self scout and make improvements over their bye week. I think we've got more chance of improving on the training field than in Cincinnati. It's also a good chance for important players to rest and recuperate.

I'd sit all the key players, and the old players entirely this week and treat it like the last pre-season game.
I just can't get on board with that thought process. And I see no way they think that way either. They're pushing for results on the field at this point. Struggle to see any way they're comfortable just hoping that pops up in the playoffs. I can get on board with a shorter leash if they game isn't close in either direction, but they need to work this shit out.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I think you can do more damage with injuries in pretty much a meaningless game that you can not risk injuries this late in the season. The last preseason game is pretty much a game where everyone is rested and we are ready to go week one. Besides with a 52 man roster you can’t rest everyone, just a few of the key guys. Maybe give Campbell, Peters, and Stanley the game off and run a lot of Justice Hill and Kenyon Drake.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just can't get on board with that thought process. And I see no way they think that way either. They're pushing for results on the field at this point. Struggle to see any way they're comfortable just hoping that pops up in the playoffs. I can get on board with a shorter leash if they game isn't close in either direction, but they need to work this shit out.
If they really wanted results Roman would have been gone years ago.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Bengals already won the AFC North, they are also playing well. Can you imagine how upset their fans will be if Burrow has a major injury in this game, considering the expectations for that team. I think, without Lamar, we are the team playing with house money.

Don’t get me wrong, I say try and win the game, but for this one game only, I could care less if we go for it on fourth down often, fake punts, and try 60 plus yard kicks. Why not go for broke? This one game I give Harbaugh permission to get it all out of his system before the playoffs start.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I also want to see some wild insane exotic blitzes this Sunday. Yep go for broke this game, then play sound smashmouth football in the playoffs with Lamar all our healthy starters. Maybe we can make some noise and catch some of these teams on an off day. Well one can hope anyway.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would be pretty funny if Burrow gets injured this week and we play them in the WC and Lamar is back and goes off. Not wishing injury on the guy but I'd be spending a fair bit of time on the Bengals board if that was to play out.
I would never hear the end of it and I don’t care, I hear all of them every single day, it’s constant now that they’re finally good (still haven’t had impressive records). And honestly if he’s going to try to pad stats on our backups like he loves to do then they deserve it

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bengals already won the AFC North, they are also playing well. Can you imagine how upset their fans will be if Burrow has a major injury in this game, considering the expectations for that team. I think, without Lamar, we are the team playing with house money.

Don’t get me wrong, I say try and win the game, but for this one game only, I could care less if we go for it on fourth down often, fake punts, and try 60 plus yard kicks. Why not go for broke? This one game I give Harbaugh permission to get it all out of his system before the playoffs start.
I think it would be hilarious