• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I doubt you'll see anything. This is like a once in a generation type thing. You may go 40-50 years and not see it happen again, with no changes to anything. This isn't close to like head trauma being routinely caused or specific types of blocks or hits that somewhat frequently cause injuries.

This is basically like lightning strike level of activity. It's not preventable. The only recourse is to have the best possible reactionary procedures to it. And generally speaking, the NFL and those teams are being herald for how they handled it. Super quick response time, super quick actionable items were taken by medical personnel. Was apparently diagnosed very quickly in a situation where a normal person probably wouldn't notice an issue like this immediately.
Thankfully, events like this are rare, but allowing runners to smash head first into tacklers is a recipe for concussions. It only happens because we enjoy it, but we liked to watch defenders wiping receivers out at one time, too.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah fans in the stadiums have not been great this year noise-wise - and way too many away fans in the stadium
That is by far the thing I miss most, I’d have season tickets for sure if I still lived there. Now I usually see them every other year, and maybe every 3 years in Baltimore

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thankfully, events like this are rare, but allowing runners to smash head first into tacklers is a recipe for concussions. It only happens because we enjoy it, but we liked to watch defenders wiping receivers out at one time, too.
Sure it is. But its like smoking cigarettes today. Everybody knows the risks. They know what can happen, and its all about choice.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Officially Bengals/Bills will not resume this week at least. So both of them will remain on their normal schedule for this week. Will see if the game ever gets made up.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also note the Ravens, even if they win, technically can't clinch the AFC North this weekend. If the Bengals/Bills game is either not played at all or finalized as anything other than a Bengals loss, the Bengals will win the division, regardless of the outcome this weekend.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also note the Ravens, even if they win, technically can't clinch the AFC North this weekend. If the Bengals/Bills game is either not played at all or finalized as anything other than a Bengals loss, the Bengals will win the division, regardless of the outcome this weekend.
unfortunately

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt we’re winning this game with Huntley starting, but it will certainly invite controversy if we were to pull off the upset and our reward is heading back to Cinci as the 6th seed. Home playoff game is nothing to scoff at.

They need to figure out a way to get that game finished

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
we don't stand a chance to beat them without Lamar. He is the x factor.
What’s worse is we will probably play a great game with JK going crazy and the defense playing well, only to lose it in the last minute 17-16 or some other heartbreaking score.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt we’re winning this game with Huntley starting, but it will certainly invite controversy if we were to pull off the upset and our reward is heading back to Cinci as the 6th seed. Home playoff game is nothing to scoff at.

They need to figure out a way to get that game finished
I doubt its the priority. People will just have to accept the outcome.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I guess we have to see if Lamar practices tomorrow. Should be interesting.
at this point, the priority for Lamar playing truly depends on what the NFL plans to do with the Bills Bengals game. I know they have decided not to play the game this week, but will they play it at all. That is still yet to be determined.

If that game still may be played we still have a chance to win the division. If that is the case the priority is to play Lamar. If we can't win the division, I'd like to see him on a snap count just to get some read off than put Huntley or even Brown in the game and give some of our players some rest and let Ojabo get some snaps along with Kolar.