• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

rossihunter2

Staff Member
at this point, the priority for Lamar playing truly depends on what the NFL plans to do with the Bills Bengals game. I know they have decided not to play the game this week, but will they play it at all. That is still yet to be determined.

If that game still may be played we still have a chance to win the division. If that is the case the priority is to play Lamar. If we can't win the division, I'd like to see him on a snap count just to get some read off than put Huntley or even Brown in the game and give some of our players some rest and let Ojabo get some snaps along with Kolar.

would still like to see him practicing asap if he's healthy
even if he's held out vs the bengals because he's not quite there yet...

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
at this point, the priority for Lamar playing truly depends on what the NFL plans to do with the Bills Bengals game. I know they have decided not to play the game this week, but will they play it at all. That is still yet to be determined.

If that game still may be played we still have a chance to win the division. If that is the case the priority is to play Lamar. If we can't win the division, I'd like to see him on a snap count just to get some read off than put Huntley or even Brown in the game and give some of our players some rest and let Ojabo get some snaps along with Kolar.
They should still have him play to shake off the rust.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Absolutely, the NFL has to make a decision on their intentions soon.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Absolutely, the NFL has to make a decision on their intentions soon.
Definitely before the game. It is fine if we don't win the division, but If we can, we should play our hardest. If not, we should know, so we can put all our key players on pitch counts.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was hoping for the long shot of winning the AFC North this weekend, but I understand events beyond our control happen. I really hope that young man fully recovers.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was hoping for the long shot of winning the AFC North this weekend, but I understand events beyond our control happen. I really hope that young man fully recovers.
I wanted to see the game in-person, but we play wild-card weekend anyway. Harbaugh's teams are good on the road anyway.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Now this is getting interesting, so they may randomly remove a Cheifs game from the standings to determine the 1 seed

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bengals and Bills will play.
I don't think they will. There's too much logistical work to make it happen. At a minimum, they'd have to push all three playoff weeks back one full week and eliminate the week before the SB.
Think they're going to play week 18, see what happens, and likely call that game a no contest or a tie. And the seeding will be what it is.

Simba

Staff Member
The Bengals and Bills will play.
I see no viable way they’re playing at this point. Idea at this point is to let this week play out, see which teams could have been impacted by the results, and coming up with a fair option from there.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Digging on this random generator idea... it sounds like all teams potentially impacted (aka us plus more) would have a random week dropped from our tally for seeding purposes. Odds are stronger that a W gets dropped obviously, but sounds like there's still a chance for us to get the division if that's the case.

Tank

Hall of Famer
So it seems that while we don’t know for sure, there’s a possibility that this week’s game could still be for the division crown.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Digging on this random generator idea... it sounds like all teams potentially impacted (aka us plus more) would have a random week dropped from our tally for seeding purposes. Odds are stronger that a W gets dropped obviously, but sounds like there's still a chance for us to get the division if that's the case.
I'll wait to see how it plays out. I think the NFL will have contingencies in place, but there's a lot of outcomes that happen this weekend that makes playing that game less relevant.

There's pretty much only two things that would send a lot of stuff into chaos... Raiders beating the Chiefs on Saturday, and the Ravens beating the Bengals on Sunday.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So it seems that while we don’t know for sure, there’s a possibility that this week’s game could still be for the division crown.
Yes, maybe. I don't think we'll know by end of Sunday if that's true or not though, regardless if we win.

Simba

Staff Member
I'll wait to see how it plays out. I think the NFL will have contingencies in place, but there's a lot of outcomes that happen this weekend that makes playing that game less relevant.

There's pretty much only two things that would send a lot of stuff into chaos... Raiders beating the Chiefs on Saturday, and the Ravens beating the Bengals on Sunday.
It's kind of the smart play right now. The chances that everything goes perfectly and there's 0 impact from that missing game are pretty slim, but might as well see if everything holds true there and adjust the plan based on that. Also encourages team to continue to play to win which is exactly what the NFL wants in the last week.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am glad they postponed the game. It was the only decision in my book. However, if we are not told whether they are rescheduling the game and we play everyone hard, risking injury, and somehow beat the Bengals, The Ravens should have a say in whether we agree to forfeit the AFC North Championship to the Bengals. Especially since we will be at a disadvantage this week because they pretty much had a bye playing at home only for 10 minutes.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's kind of the smart play right now. The chances that everything goes perfectly and there's 0 impact from that missing game are pretty slim, but might as well see if everything holds true there and adjust the plan based on that. Also encourages team to continue to play to win which is exactly what the NFL wants in the last week.
Agreed on impact. But there's likely scenarios where a) the team's that are in the playoffs are not up for dispute and b) the seeding is the only impact, and it could be for just like the #2 vs #3 seed potentially.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think they will. There's too much logistical work to make it happen. At a minimum, they'd have to push all three playoff weeks back one full week and eliminate the week before the SB.
Think they're going to play week 18, see what happens, and likely call that game a no contest or a tie. And the seeding will be what it is.
My friend told me that there was news that they would play after week 18. I'm not sure if it's true, but...