• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @. Bengals

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mark Andrews and Willie Snead need to be the stars of this game, we need to release quick and play cohesive with the WRs/TEs finding soft spots and Flacco gettin it to them in good timing. They’re gonna get pressure with a 4 man rush, we have to counter it and that’s really the only way. Snead and Andrews on deep breaking slants, like the one Flacco sailed over Snead early, we gotta get that one right, because that’s the play that we can beat the bengals with imo

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Mark Andrews and Willie Snead need to be the stars of this game, we need to release quick and play cohesive with the WRs/TEs finding soft spots and Flacco gettin it to them in good timing. They’re gonna get pressure with a 4 man rush, we have to counter it and that’s really the only way. Snead and Andrews on deep breaking slants, like the one Flacco sailed over Snead early, we gotta get that one right, because that’s the play that we can beat the bengals with imo

John Brown coming out of the slot will be big for us too - this would have been a huge game to have hayden hurst for but you're right that hopefully mark andrews can step up

did anyone see him back on the field after he took that huge hit? i know he was dressed on the sideline with his helmet on but did anyone see him come back in the game?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
John Brown coming out of the slot will be big for us too - this would have been a huge game to have hayden hurst for but you're right that hopefully mark andrews can step up

did anyone see him back on the field after he took that huge hit? i know he was dressed on the sideline with his helmet on but did anyone see him come back in the game?
Yes I’m almost positive he came back in.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I’m shocked he didn’t go to concussion protocol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Something tells me wink is for real. Primary reason? We were winning with 4 man rushes, dbs we’re constantly in good position, and we had a heavy rotation. Things pees could never do
To be fair.. Tavon Young was back regards to the DBs being in good position. That's a big deal. People seemed to have forgotten just how spectacular he was his rookie year. He was a #1 level corner, even when he was on the outside and "out of position". I'd almost be pissed that he didn't get the nod at outside corner over Carr, but I think Carr is also a beneficiary here of Wink.

When Jimmy comes back and if he's 80% of the player he was for us last year have fun moving the ball against us. As much as I'd like Willie Henry back, don't rush him and wait till he's 100%.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair.. Tavon Young was back regards to the DBs being in good position. That's a big deal. People seemed to have forgotten just how spectacular he was his rookie year. He was a #1 level corner, even when he was on the outside and "out of position". I'd almost be pissed that he didn't get the nod at outside corner over Carr, but I think Carr is also a beneficiary here of Wink.

When Jimmy comes back and if he's 80% of the player he was for us last year have fun moving the ball against us. As much as I'd like Willie Henry back, don't rush him and wait till he's 100%.
Well...for this game at least Carr was a better matchup with Benjamin, those are the guys Carr does best with. And since we use a lot of 3 cb sets I don’t have a problem with it until Carr starts screwing up.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well...for this game at least Carr was a better matchup with Benjamin, those are the guys Carr does best with. And since we use a lot of 3 cb sets I don’t have a problem with it until Carr starts screwing up.
But we didn’t shadow Benjamin and Humphrey(who looks super impressive too) was doing well against him too. If that’s a carry over from the pees defense, with the fact that all three of our corners can handle just about anything you put in front of them.... I’m fine with it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
sadly jimmy smith is the only guy who can match up vs AJ. We can't put carr on anyone but Boyd IMO. Carr could be a liability in this game.

THis is one tough game. This might be the toughest game for us as their strengths attack our weaknesses.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
sadly jimmy smith is the only guy who can match up vs AJ. We can't put carr on anyone but Boyd IMO. Carr could be a liability in this game.

THis is one tough game. This might be the toughest game for us as their strengths attack our weaknesses.
I think we will miss Jimmy indeed. AJ is going to get his production but Humphrey should be able to at least keep AJ from single-handedly beating us.

Tavon on Ross should be a good matchup. Carr can not line up opposite of Ross or we will be talking about a 75 yard TD, Carr doesn’t do well against speed, and we’re talking elite speed.

I really wish Humphrey would shadow AJ...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dixon probably has a grade 2 knee sprain. The tragedy about this guy is if he were never injured or suspended i genuinly feel he'd be one of the top 45RBs in the league.