• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Baltimore Orioles

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The entire AL East has better records than all teams in the AL & NL Central. Crazy how good the AL East is this year. Got to keep winning at this pace to stay in range for the Division, let alone the wild card hunt.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I missed the game, but this must've been a hilarious series of events

JO_75

Hall of Famer
An 11th Inning Explosion! O's Win 8-3, Sweep the Jays and move to 31-16 on the year. It's the fastest to 30 wins for the O's since 2005. Ray lost as well and we are now 2.5 games back of them in the division.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
An 11th Inning Explosion! O's Win 8-3, Sweep the Jays and move to 31-16 on the year. It's the fastest to 30 wins for the O's since 2005. Ray lost as well and we are now 2.5 games back of them in the division.

giphy.gif
Dab on em

dab-orioles.gif

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This is really remarkable what we're seeing. High water mark is now 15 games over .500! Wow.

2005 is the year I got married - to a NE-er (Worcesester, MA, girl). Our reception was Baltimore vs. Boston as we were playing the Red Sox on 7-9-05 and showing signs of fading. My pals singing Thank God I'm a Country Boy, them doing their hockey chant -let's go Red Sox, and all of us singing Sweet Caroline. Fun times. I think we fell out of 1st place that weekend... sigh. I was in Hawaii and too busy to keep up with baseball and the time change was terrible. Night games at noon. ^_^

Anyway, this team is really fun to watch and we've got a lot of help in the minors if needed. 15 games OVER .500, .660 ball. I'll take that! Go O's!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Fluke win by the Yankees off a sac fly in the 9th. Hope MLB changes the rules so sac flys are eliminated in the 9th later.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't know why they would ever do that, nor do I think they should
I know I'm just mad. It's also Just a flukey way to win..... guess Yankees fans can be happy about something since the Lakers got eliminated. Needed the win so much, especially on a day where Tampa got blown out.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I don't know why they would ever do that, nor do I think they should
Yeah, I agree. That doesn't make sense. Maybe with putting men on in extras, but not in the normal 27 outs of the game.

Anyway, no ground really lost. And the rust is off after a day off, so let's take the series and make the Yanks feel shitty. Feels so good to hand the Skanks L's.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Gotta luv Felix, but whatta stupid mistake with the batting practice sinker that didn’t sink, down the middle, right in Judge’s wheel house. I mean jeez, 0 - 2, throw it in the dirt or over his head for shiz sakes. A needless blown save. Frustrating.

Other than that an all around great game from the guys. Had the 40k in the stands pretty quiet most of the game and proved no stage is too big. Let’s go Birds!

Last edited: