• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Those of us who wants to see change are not saying Harbs sucks. We are saying this team needs a new direction. No we don't want to see a coaching carousel like other teams have been going through but Harbs has been mediocre for a long time.

Does Harbs stick too long with bad coordinators? Is that not his fault? If we underperform again next year do we give him another chance? When is change warranted?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm sick and tired of losing to the Bengals. And now we have to listen to Bengals fans thump their chests for another year. They've beaten us 4 out of the last 5 games we've played them and have outscored us 150-90 collectively during those 5 games. Sad. There's a power shift occurring in this division and the Ravens front office better make some smart decisions this off-season or it's going to get worse. The good news is that we have a rock solid defense to build around but offensively, it's a mess.
Keep in mind that 3 of those 4 losses were without Lamar so IDGAF what they think. The other time with Lamar was VERY reminiscent from the 2019 blowout at home against the Browns. We held their offense in check all season, our offense just couldn't deliver for obvious reasons.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean, we aren't talking about becoming the Browns and switching nearly every year. We've had middling results for about a decade, along with many less than stellar coordinators being swapped out.

And I could point to the Eagles. They moved on from a proven winner to a coach that won them a Super Bowl. Then when Pederson seemingly lost the team they moved on and are currently the top seed in the NFC.
middling results in the playoffs yes, but good sustained success within the regular season over that time period as well outside of a few years prior to Lamar.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, we aren't talking about becoming the Browns and switching nearly every year. We've had middling results for about a decade, along with many less than stellar coordinators being swapped out.

And I could point to the Eagles. They moved on from a proven winner to a coach that won them a Super Bowl. Then when Pederson seemingly lost the team they moved on and are currently the top seed in the NFC.
I ain't gonna lie, when Huntley attempted to extend the ball over a goalline that was 1 yard or so away and fumbled and it was taken to the house for a Bengals score to flip and put them in position to win the game; I immediately thought; "How Brown-ish of the Ravens" to have what could go wrong at the end of a game-go wrong at the end of a game.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
even if Huntley goes low like he is supposed to do and gets a yard, I guarantee you we go for it on 4th down from the half yard line.

Just give it to your top dog, who scored 1 td already.
I think Gus would have been better, but yeah. Both would have scored it.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, Gus was on the field and the ball just took the unlocky bounce to Hubbard vs to Edwards.
Did it even hit the ground to bounce? I thought it just fell into homeboys hand and he was like fuck it, and took off running the other direction. Bless Mandrews, he put up a helluva chase.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It made more sense to run at least once more with Dobbins or Edwards before having Huntley sneak it. Despite everything else the play calling there was dumB with capital B

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Did it even hit the ground to bounce? I thought it just fell into homeboys hand and he was like fuck it, and took off running the other direction. Bless Mandrews, he put up a helluva chase.
I don't think it hit the ground

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
well he told Snoop to run it. JK and Gus should've both been on the field, Gus direct snap
A wildcat call would have worked imo.

I'm not going off about the call since it was 3rd down. It was just emotions mixed with stupidity. We outplayed them guys both f'n weeks it just didn't show on the scoreboard and the coaching the last 2 minutes of each half (especially to usage) was horrendous. Most of that is on Harbs!!