• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It made more sense to run at least once more with Dobbins or Edwards before having Huntley sneak it. Despite everything else the play calling there was dumB with capital B
It was 3rd down Grim and I believe they was hoping to catch them off guard. Not normally you try a sneak 2 yds out.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I was convinced that even if they called the block in the back, the defense was still gonna give up a TD. Of course, I could've been wrong but we'll never know.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
They’ll never see it coming!
View attachment 4436

That is literally what I think every time he pulls something like that trickeration he did with the TE sweep. LOfuckingL. Maybe put Dobbins at least on the field so they can't rule him out. hahahaha hilarious. My buddy and I looked at each other after that sweep and just laughed. We both said the same thing at the same time, "He smartest guy in the room, man." lmao The look says everything!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm sick and tired of losing to the Bengals. And now we have to listen to Bengals fans thump their chests for another year. They've beaten us 4 out of the last 5 games we've played them and have outscored us 150-90 collectively during those 5 games. Sad. There's a power shift occurring in this division and the Ravens front office better make some smart decisions this off-season or it's going to get worse. The good news is that we have a rock solid defense to build around but offensively, it's a mess.
They’ve beaten us only once with Lamar though

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
all they need to look at is the franchises that keep changing head coaches like they change light bulbs. None of those franchises have done much if anything.
I just think it's funny that your assumption is that we become a coaching carousel team just because we choose to say thanks John, we're gonna try something new after 15 seasons. That is the sky is falling if I've ever seen it. 15 years is a long time and two quality OC's in that time and one fill in that regrouped the team and helped get a SB is not a good reflection on a HC when he had his hands in the selection and retention of all of the ones who have been here longest and done the least. Marty, Marc, and Greg.

And for the record, I was for Billick being replaced too when they did it and his OC's were no more stupendous than John's. Sometimes it's just time.

The track record shows this franchise will find someone that they trust and want to stick with and who they'll give every opportunity to succeed. We are not the Browns or the Jags and it's shocking that you would fear that we would become that after choosing to part ways with a coach after 15 seasons. There is nothing to support your fear and everything to support the opposite.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Roman called the play

Roman wasn't on the field though.

So this illustrates coaching vs players when that's the debate. Lee Evans dropping a pass in the bread basket is not coaching, that's a mental error or a weak ass breakdown. He'll make that catch 19/20 times, but he'll never be trusted again. lol. Greg Roman not putting the ball in the hands of running backs inside the 5 the entire game is coaching and, imo, inexcusable.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was 3rd down Grim and I believe they was hoping to catch them off guard. Not normally you try a sneak 2 yds out.
Exactly it was third down so you’re in 4 down territory at that point anyway. Nobody expects you to do it because it’s crazy lol

So this illustrates coaching vs players when that's the debate. Lee Evans dropping a pass in the bread basket is not coaching, that's a mental error or a weak ass breakdown. He'll make that catch 19/20 times, but he'll never be trusted again. lol. Greg Roman not putting the ball in the hands of running backs inside the 5 the entire game is coaching and, imo, inexcusable.
Hell JK said he never touched the ball in the red zone. That’s just stupid.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys wanna know the worst part, I did put $10 to win $1700 if Dobbins had a rush and receiving TD. I hate Greg Roman.

But, I’d gladly pay $1700 if it meant we won even though we’d lose next week, worth it

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I just think it's funny that your assumption is that we become a coaching carousel team just because we choose to say thanks John, we're gonna try something new after 15 seasons. That is the sky is falling if I've ever seen it. 15 years is a long time and two quality OC's in that time and one fill in that regrouped the team and helped get a SB is not a good reflection on a HC when he had his hands in the selection and retention of all of the ones who have been here longest and done the least. Marty, Marc, and Greg.

And for the record, I was for Billick being replaced too when they did it and his OC's were no more stupendous than John's. Sometimes it's just time.

The track record shows this franchise will find someone that they trust and want to stick with and who they'll give every opportunity to succeed. We are not the Browns or the Jags and it's shocking that you would fear that we would become that after choosing to part ways with a coach after 15 seasons. There is nothing to support your fear and everything to support the opposite.

Greg Roman won offensive assistant of the year in 2019, both in 2019 and 2020 The Ravens offense was ranked top 10 in a.scoring, and in. 2021 i think The Ravens offense was ranked 6th overall. The last time Mary M was The Ravens OC I believe The Ravens offense was ranked 8th overall he ushered in a rookie Lamar Jackson at the time that helped The Ravens enter the playoffs. Cam Cameron maybe the least liked offensive coordinator but he deserves credit from helping a quarterback drafted from Delaware University to be a franchise quarterback. The Ravens also not only have playoff success with Cam Cameron calling plays but there has been some memorable moments with him as their play caller. Outside of Marc Trestman I think Harbaugh has probably had more than one quality coordinator and if you disagree then that just makes his resume even better cause the guy has won a lot of games with just two suppose quality offensive coordinator's

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm sick and tired of losing to the Bengals. And now we have to listen to Bengals fans thump their chests for another year. They've beaten us 4 out of the last 5 games we've played them and have outscored us 150-90 collectively during those 5 games. Sad. There's a power shift occurring in this division and the Ravens front office better make some smart decisions this off-season or it's going to get worse. The good news is that we have a rock solid defense to build around but offensively, it's a mess.
Same. Talking about how they run the AFC North as back-to-back Division Champions and they will be running it for years to come and we need to get used to it. Look how Bengals fans are clowning us. One set said that they have the name of the new play that will be remembered for 50 years called; "The Immaculate Rejection!" Of course, they are talking about Snoop's fumble that turned into a 98-yard touchdown. Then other groups are saying that Snoop "gave" them the game with this photo:
nLiJQ2kb.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Jackson

Practice Squad
“immaculate rejection” …. As much as I hate to admit it, that’s pretty good. It’s going to be a long fricking offseason. God help us if the Bengals win the Superbowl…

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Greg Roman won offensive assistant of the year in 2019, both in 2019 and 2020 The Ravens offense was ranked top 10 in a.scoring, and in. 2021 i think The Ravens offense was ranked 6th overall. The last time Mary M was The Ravens OC I believe The Ravens offense was ranked 8th overall he ushered in a rookie Lamar Jackson at the time that helped The Ravens enter the playoffs. Cam Cameron maybe the least liked offensive coordinator but he deserves credit from helping a quarterback drafted from Delaware University to be a franchise quarterback. The Ravens also not only have playoff success with Cam Cameron calling plays but there has been some memorable moments with him as their play caller. Outside of Marc Trestman I think Harbaugh has probably had more than one quality coordinator and if you disagree then that just makes his resume even better cause the guy has won a lot of games with just two suppose quality offensive coordinator's
That's a stretch.