• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Wouldn't be surprised if Mike MacDonald is The Ravens next head coach in the future whenever John Harbaugh decides to call it quits. Not really sure if that is true but I just have that feeling.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My off season goals in no particular order

1) Sign Lamar Jackson immediately. If EDC is gonna trade him, do it immediately. No pussyfootung around wasting the 23 season because of a few dollars.

2) Get Houston and Peters to come back on friendly deals. Both Houston and Peters have stated they want to be here.

3) Find a new OC at bare minimum. The offensive philosophy has to change. Someone needs to come in a solve the Lamar Jackson puzzle.

4) Bring in 1 top end WR. Whether it's Hopkins, Thomas, Chark, JSN idc. Find someone.

5) Extend Zeitler, attempt to bring back Powers on a friendly deal. If not Ben Cleveland SZN and draft a guard.

6) The Proche and Wallace experiments are over.

7) Draft DL, CB, RB, OG, WR

2) i think is cool but no priority at all - like last year Houston will most likely come in late in the offseason if he comes in at all and that's fine - MP will have to be a wait and see based on price but as much as I love him, he's lost a step it looks like

4) idk that we need to expend draft capital for someone like hopkins especially if he's looking for a massive extension - Andrews and Bateman are a really nice top 2 right now - i'd be perfectly ok looking at what KC did: MVS for 10/yr, Juju, draft someone on day 2... idk that we need a star but we just need a deeper corps full of actual NFL starter level players at the position... that's not to say im against adding a big-time weapon but i think we need to add more than 1 piece to the corps

6) and on a related note - proche's obviously out - idk that wallace is necessarily... he can't stay healthy which is obviously an issue but he's been good on special teams and occasionally shows a little something (albeit not enough to actually eschew trying to replace him) - but he's 100% coming into camp with a shot to make the backend of the roster

7) obviously too early to tell where we'll sit in relation to the strengths of the draft but on initial impressions, think we'll be taking a big look at EDGE as well... think the only positions really off the table for major capital are S, C, TE, LB

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
2) i think is cool but no priority at all - like last year Houston will most likely come in late in the offseason if he comes in at all and that's fine - MP will have to be a wait and see based on price but as much as I love him, he's lost a step it looks like

4) idk that we need to expend draft capital for someone like hopkins especially if he's looking for a massive extension - Andrews and Bateman are a really nice top 2 right now - i'd be perfectly ok looking at what KC did: MVS for 10/yr, Juju, draft someone on day 2... idk that we need a star but we just need a deeper corps full of actual NFL starter level players at the position... that's not to say im against adding a big-time weapon but i think we need to add more than 1 piece to the corps

6) and on a related note - proche's obviously out - idk that wallace is necessarily... he can't stay healthy which is obviously an issue but he's been good on special teams and occasionally shows a little something (albeit not enough to actually eschew trying to replace him) - but he's 100% coming into camp with a shot to make the backend of the roster

7) obviously too early to tell where we'll sit in relation to the strengths of the draft but on initial impressions, think we'll be taking a big look at EDGE as well... think the only positions really off the table for major capital are S, C, TE, LB
Agree with all this

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
My 1 hope above all for the 2023 season is just that ravens football is fun again

even our wins and successes have been tempered by injuries or other frustrations

i know it's been a "bit" from a few years ago that WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS but i'd really like to have some nice things again
Fear not proche is hear

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going on a limb and saying:

1. Lamar Jackson gets his extension
2. John Harbaugh stays
3. Greg Roman is gone
4. Eric gets us a top WR in FA or Draft

This is the ideal scenario.

Go get DHop and draft another one with our 3rd.

DHop, Bateman, Duvernay, 3rd rounder, Tylan Wallace

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is the ideal scenario.

Go get DHop and draft another one with our 3rd.

DHop, Bateman, Duvernay, 3rd rounder, Tylan Wallace
I know we have all been saying for awhile we don't need a number 1 we don't need a number 1. But like it might be time for a number 1. Get the man some help. That's in players and coaches

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know we have all been saying for awhile we don't need a number 1 we don't need a number 1. But like it might be time for a number 1. Get the man some help. That's in players and coaches
I’m just tired of seeing heavy sets with 3 TEs when it’s 2nd and 20.

We need to reallocate sources around

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
is that what DHop is though now at 30 with a bunch of missed time the last few years?
Yeah I'm not really talking about anyone in specific. I'm just saying, it might be like with Roquan, time to just steal someone's totally proven guy. I know that is harder to do at WR than ILB but it's not impossible

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
is that what DHop is though now at 30 with a bunch of missed time the last few years?
I’m hoping Mike Evans. The mood here in Tampa is bleak. Everyonethinking it’s Toms last ride. They may enter a serious rebuild

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man, a 1st round pick for Mike Evans? Tough one. He's almost 30 (will be when the season begins). Not saying no but I feel like that's expensive but probably the only way you get him. He is a beast though and hasn't he never had a season below 1k yards? Insane.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My 1 hope above all for the 2023 season is just that ravens football is fun again

even our wins and successes have been tempered by injuries or other frustrations

i know it's been a "bit" from a few years ago that WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS but i'd really like to have some nice things again
Ravens football hasn't been fun for me since 2019. We caught lightning in a bottle that season. Everything after that (especially where the offense has been concerned in my view) has been extremely predictable, lethargic, inept, and atrocious with glimpses of "what this team could be" here and there.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I know he's a tight end but I think at times we undervalue how good Mark Andrew's really is . Surrounding him with a number 1 wide receiver would be good but if The Ravens can atleast get just a solid receiver at the level of Anquan Boldin or Torrey Smith that probably would help alot with this offense to go along with Bateman and Duvernay.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My off season goals in no particular order

1) Sign Lamar Jackson immediately. If EDC is gonna trade him, do it immediately. No pussyfootung around wasting the 23 season because of a few dollars.

2) Get Houston and Peters to come back on friendly deals. Both Houston and Peters have stated they want to be here.

3) Find a new OC at bare minimum. The offensive philosophy has to change. Someone needs to come in a solve the Lamar Jackson puzzle.

4) Bring in 1 top end WR. Whether it's Hopkins, Thomas, Chark, JSN idc. Find someone.

5) Extend Zeitler, attempt to bring back Powers on a friendly deal. If not Ben Cleveland SZN and draft a guard.

6) The Proche and Wallace experiments are over.

7) Draft DL, CB, RB, OG, WR
Forgot a HUGE ONE. Bring in competition for Huntley and AB.