• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Still mad at Tylan Wallace lol. Dude was supposed to be the biggest steal of that whole draft

Anyone who said that was selling you something lol

He was a potential value but was a day 3 pick for a reason (didn’t have the same explosiveness as pre-injury in his senior year) and also didn’t have much refinement (was more of a RWR than an “x” or outside guy)

He’s been a good gunner and that’s about it

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
button

I know we knew this, but Zay is just not that much bigger than Dell

Honestly, I have to really disagree with that. 17 pounds of muscle (165 vs 182) can make a huge difference in how well someone holds up to getting hit, and their ability to not be easily pushed around and jammed by DBs.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly, I have to really disagree with that. 17 pounds of muscle (165 vs 182) can make a huge difference in how well someone holds up to getting hit, and their ability to not be easily pushed around and jammed by DBs.
Yeah that's if that's true. Which I would think it's not. You think Bryce Young was actually 204 or whatever? Absolutely not. Just full of water and maybe a small amount more muscle and fat to just be heavier for the combine and back down.

Look at them, Zay is definitely not quite as skinny you can see that but it would be ridiculous to be like these guys are totally different. They're both small as fuck

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah that's if that's true. Which I would think it's not. You think Bryce Young was actually 204 or whatever? Absolutely not. Just full of water and maybe a small amount more muscle and fat to just be heavier for the combine and back down.

Look at them, Zay is definitely not quite as skinny you can see that but it would be ridiculous to be like these guys are totally different. They're both small as fuck
Bryce didn't do any drills after bulking up for the combine. Flowers did his drills at that weight, including running a 4.42. If that's bulked up then he's likely stay that size since he still moves at an insane speed.

Edit: Also just to show the difference between their athletic ability, Zay ran a faster 40 and had a farther broad jump while weighing in at 17 pounds heavier.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Bryce didn't do any drills after bulking up for the combine. Flowers did his drills at that weight, including running a 4.42. If that's bulked up then he's likely stay that size since he still moves at an insane speed.

Edit: Also just to show the difference between their athletic ability, Zay ran a faster 40 and had a farther broad jump while weighing in at 17 pounds heavier.
But now you're talking about Zay being more athletic. I would totally agree that Zay is the more athletic of the two. But all I said and it's still true, that Zay is just not that much bigger than Tank

rossihunter2

Staff Member

They look totally different on film
Also we’ve seen zay’s before and after 180lbs - we can literally see the difference in body

rossihunter2

Staff Member

You think tank didn’t also put on the water weight?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
But now you're talking about Zay being more athletic. I would totally agree that Zay is the more athletic of the two. But all I said and it's still true, that Zay is just not that much bigger than Tank
The more athletic thing was just an added afterthought. It was mainly to show that Flowers didn't just builk up for a weight in. He ran all the same drills 17 pounds heavier than Tank Dell. Also body wise they definitely look different. Flowers is genuinely thicker and shows more muscle than Tank, and does likely play at a heavier weight. That bit of extra size can really increase durability at the NFL level.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Y'all are acting like I don't think he's bigger and more athletic. He is to both of those things. My singular point is it's not a huge difference. You might think that it is and that's ok. I think their differences in personality is what is causing people to think the difference is bigger than it is. Zay has an alpha and doesn't shy away from anything personality. Tank is not quite Hollywood level bad, but he's just not got that SSS in him.

Maybe you'll say you see, that shows you the difference is big. I think it's all to do with the mental. There are so many examples of huge guys who play small and vice versa.

For the record I think they're both going to be really good players in this league.