• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

marklar

Pro Bowler
I'll watch only the PS games the day after, since I'm not staying up to watch them end-of-roster guys. I'm also less interested in *how* players perform and more interested in who plays and when (and which position) in the game.
My list of what top watch for:
* WR: How much (if anything) will Agholor and Duverney play? (I really don't care who, if any, grabs the WR6 position, so anyone behind those are pretty much interchangeable
* OL: Which position(s) will Cleveland play? If they start putting him at T in the 2nd half, then things are not looking good for him.
* DL: Nichols, Blackson
* LB: Pecking order of Phillips, Ross, Harrison, Welch. Also, will Harrison play outside?
* Secondary: Will either of Mayfield/Amos make plays against the 3rd-stringers? They seem to be doing well against our own 3rd-stringers. Not that either will make the roster in the end
* ST: Will the new LS carry on the proud tradition of all-stars snapping to Tucker? ;)

That's all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'll watch only the PS games the day after, since I'm not staying up to watch them end-of-roster guys. I'm also less interested in *how* players perform and more interested in who plays and when (and which position) in the game.
My list of what top watch for:
* WR: How much (if anything) will Agholor and Duverney play? (I really don't care who, if any, grabs the WR6 position, so anyone behind those are pretty much interchangeable
* OL: Which position(s) will Cleveland play? If they start putting him at T in the 2nd half, then things are not looking good for him.
* DL: Nichols, Blackson
* LB: Pecking order of Phillips, Ross, Harrison, Welch. Also, will Harrison play outside?
* Secondary: Will either of Mayfield/Amos make plays against the 3rd-stringers? They seem to be doing well against our own 3rd-stringers. Not that either will make the roster in the end
* ST: Will the new LS carry on the proud tradition of all-stars snapping to Tucker? ;)

That's all.

obviously interested in the order guys come on the field and how much certain guys play

the OL rotation and where certain guys play will be very telling - hoping to get some good live reps to look at for all the LG candidates

and always nice to see which backend of the roster guys pop - do any put themselves in that bubble competition, do any in the bubble make themselves look like locks?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
We thought we regretted letting boldin leave but we got a super bowl out of him, just wait til refusing to bring back peters results in us missing out on one…
It makes no sense. Blah blah he and Rock play the same position. Blah blah who cares? You had the opportunity to resign Marcus fucking Peters for way less than he's actually worth given the age and somewhat down season post knee injury.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It makes no sense. Blah blah he and Rock play the same position. Blah blah who cares? You had the opportunity to resign Marcus fucking Peters for way less than he's actually worth given the age and somewhat down season post knee injury.
Seriously. There’s no justifying it lol, rock ya sin is injury prone as well, he’s never been as good as peters and that’s not likely to change this year, and your supply of boundary corners is essentially 0 now until rock comes back, or more like .5 because Humphrey can play outside but is at his best when moving around.

Simba

Staff Member
Jeff has been touting in his mentions over the last couple of weeks that the relationship with Peters and the organization soured last year. Frustrations boiled over and he’s opined without saying it directly that it was not salvageable.