• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
he had a couple decent seasons. One of them was really good and I agree we shouldn't expect that. He even played good down the stretch 2nd half of the season for Washington in 2021. If he can be average at a reasonably inexpensive salary and have some upside, I'd be good with that. I'm certainly hoping RYS can have a good season and JAD can surprise. I was ok with JAD in college and thought he had some upside.
I didnt even know he played for wash, thought he has been injured every since bengals

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Simba

Staff Member
Saw some beat writer tweets during the game tonight that Hill has certainly been treated like he’s above Gus based on practice and now game reps. Still probably can’t draw any conclusions about that yet, but does make you wonder is Gus isn’t as much of a fit for the Monken offense.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Saw some beat writer tweets during the game tonight that Hill has certainly been treated like he’s above Gus based on practice and now game reps. Still probably can’t draw any conclusions about that yet, but does make you wonder is Gus isn’t as much of a fit for the Monken offense.
Gus fits. Hill is the guy they wanted to pressure. Continue the pressure next week.

Gus is a known commodity, just like JK. They are ferreting out the rest of the backfield lineup starting with the guy they want - - - Hill.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
i know they were backups but didn’t see anything special from the secondary tonight
We neeeddd another corner, likely from trade. With no injuries there, we’re in trouble. With one, we’re fucked.

And it’s not like we have a proven pass rush to cover stuff up. The safety’s will help and roquan, but elite qbs will throw man coverage outs and dominate us up and down the field

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Gus fits. Hill is the guy they wanted to pressure. Continue the pressure next week.

Gus is a known commodity, just like JK. They are ferreting out the rest of the backfield lineup starting with the guy they want - - - Hill.
Don't think it's that simple and Hill has been trending up. Also weird seeing Gus getting reps in the 3rd.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok gonna try again.

QB: Lamar, Snoop
RB: JK, Justice, Gus, Keaton, Pat
TE: Mark, Isaiah, Charlie
WR: Odell, Rashod, Zay, Nelson, Duv, Tylan
OL: Ronnie, John, Tyler, Kevin, Morgan, Patrick, Sala, Sam, Daniel

DL: Michael, Justin, Brody, Travis, Brent
OLB: David, Odafe, Tyus, Tavius, Clowney
ILB: Ro, PQ, Trenton, Harrison, DelShawn
DB: Marlon, Rock, William Jackson, Arthur, JAD, KBK, Brandon, Geno, Marcus, Kyle

Notable misses!
Anthony Brown, Josh Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ben Cleveland, Treadwell

Angelo Blackson, Kristian Welch, Josh Ross, Ardarius Washington, Kevon Seymour, Daryl Worley

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's my feeling - watching gus work with the 2s at the stadium practice felt pretty telling
he'll make this team but my guess is that monken wants someone on the field who's better on 3rd downs - also fits in better with his ideas about getting playmakers in space

Simba

Staff Member
Ok gonna try again.

QB: Lamar, Snoop
RB: JK, Justice, Gus, Keaton, Pat
TE: Mark, Isaiah, Charlie
WR: Odell, Rashod, Zay, Nelson, Duv, Tylan
OL: Ronnie, John, Tyler, Kevin, Morgan, Patrick, Sala, Sam, Daniel

DL: Michael, Justin, Brody, Travis, Brent
OLB: David, Odafe, Tyus, Tavius, Clowney
ILB: Ro, PQ, Trenton, Harrison, DelShawn
DB: Marlon, Rock, William Jackson, Arthur, JAD, KBK, Brandon, Geno, Marcus, Kyle

Notable misses!
Anthony Brown, Josh Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ben Cleveland, Treadwell

Angelo Blackson, Kristian Welch, Josh Ross, Ardarius Washington, Kevin Seymour, Daryl Worley
I’m in almost full agreement here as of now.

Obviously swap in whatever vets we actually sign at OLB and CB.

My only other thing is that I think they might opt for another DB on the roster if they can. Could easily be someone like Seymour going to the PS and getting elevated, but still don’t want to count out Ar’Darius. You also missed Pepe and I don’t know if that’s injury related or not, but would think one of those 2 will stick pending health of course.

Simba

Staff Member
that's my feeling - watching gus work with the 2s at the stadium practice felt pretty telling
he'll make this team but my guess is that monken wants someone on the field who's better on 3rd downs - also fits in better with his ideas about getting playmakers in space
And doesn’t hurt that Hill has improved pretty greatly in the last couple of years, at least in the limited action he’s gotten. Always had the speed and burst, but seems to have developed some vision as well. Used to be a get to the outside corner no matter what guy. Now he’s not afraid to bounce if he sees a lane.

Simba

Staff Member
In relation to the roster prediction, I did notice that we rarely used 3 down lineman other than the obvious running downs last night. Definitely used more of a 4-3/nickel approach.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Don't think it's that simple and Hill has been trending up. Also weird seeing Gus getting reps in the 3rd.
Yeah, that was odd. Maybe not too odd after what some others have pointed out above. Still, it seems like the top 3 haven't changed, but their depth might have... JK - 1, Hill - 2, and Gus - 3.