• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We thought we regretted letting boldin leave but we got a super bowl out of him, just wait til refusing to bring back peters results in us missing out on one…
Eh, we see this every off season with the fan favorite vet getting cut. Honestly, Peters is on the downswing of his career, and I can't blame the team for wanting to push the younger talent.

And no, Peters won't be the difference between a Super Bowl or not. Lamar Jackson, and the young talent stepping up will be.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Jeff has been touting in his mentions over the last couple of weeks that the relationship with Peters and the organization soured last year. Frustrations boiled over and he’s opined without saying it directly that it was not salvageable.
I'm not sure I buy that? It's certainly possible, but Peters had been a guy in press conferences talking about wanting to retire here. Talked about how it was a Renaissance coming here.

Then this offenseason be had multiple posts like "wish I was out there with my guys" which were comments to our guys.

It's totally possible that something soured. Maybe it was all money? Maybe something else. But to the point of not being salvageable? Idk

Simba

Staff Member
I'm not sure I buy that? It's certainly possible, but Peters had been a guy in press conferences talking about wanting to retire here. Talked about how it was a Renaissance coming here.

Then this offenseason be had multiple posts like "wish I was out there with my guys" which were comments to our guys.

It's totally possible that something soured. Maybe it was all money? Maybe something else. But to the point of not being salvageable? Idk
Sounds like that public blowup on the sideline was one of multiple throughout the season. They gave it the good PR of course.

Would say that it may not necessarily be ill will on either side either. May be that the sides just needed a fresh start.

marklar

Pro Bowler
obviously interested in the order guys come on the field and how much certain guys play

the OL rotation and where certain guys play will be very telling - hoping to get some good live reps to look at for all the LG candidates

and always nice to see which backend of the roster guys pop - do any put themselves in that bubble competition, do any in the bubble make themselves look like locks?
I agree that it is fun to look at the rookies fighting for the dream of an NFL career, and see them play their hearts out. But the chance that any of them will have any impact in a real game in 2023 is so incredibly slim, so my list was mostly about players that will have a shot at getting playing time

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It makes no sense. Blah blah he and Rock play the same position. Blah blah who cares? You had the opportunity to resign Marcus fucking Peters for way less than he's actually worth given the age and somewhat down season post knee injury.
I wouldve never letting him go, especially not this season. His personality and iq is very well needed for this defense right now. That alone may not be enough to keep someone but right now its needed

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree that it is fun to look at the rookies fighting for the dream of an NFL career, and see them play their hearts out. But the chance that any of them will have any impact in a real game in 2023 is so incredibly slim, so my list was mostly about players that will have a shot at getting playing time

im more thinking about the pat mekari, michael pierce, pat ricard, gus edwards of the past

the guys who you dont hear a ton about in training camp but who suddenly explode through preseason

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If we sign william jackson… i hope you all dnt expect him to play like he did that one year cause it will not happen at all.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we sign william jackson… i hope you all dnt expect him to play like he did that one year cause it will not happen at all.
he had a couple decent seasons. One of them was really good and I agree we shouldn't expect that. He even played good down the stretch 2nd half of the season for Washington in 2021. If he can be average at a reasonably inexpensive salary and have some upside, I'd be good with that. I'm certainly hoping RYS can have a good season and JAD can surprise. I was ok with JAD in college and thought he had some upside.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Eh, we see this every off season with the fan favorite vet getting cut. Honestly, Peters is on the downswing of his career, and I can't blame the team for wanting to push the younger talent.

And no, Peters won't be the difference between a Super Bowl or not. Lamar Jackson, and the young talent stepping up will be.
Corners and pass rushers are almost always the difference. Each final four typically has qbs and offenses that can win it all, the team with the hottest corners and pass rushers tend to be the ones that make it over the hump

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Corners and pass rushers are almost always the difference. Each final four typically has qbs and offenses that can win it all, the team with the hottest corners and pass rushers tend to be the ones that make it over the hump

I am always going to start at the line.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Does anyone here remember Joe flacco’s first preseason series?
Absolutely not lol. That play was just ugly. This was more in response to the media who have been dooming Stroud based on his first game. I expect they're going to make a big deal of Richardson's too.

In general though a huge amount of interceptions being thrown this preseason

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

And that's my thing. Father Time was slowly catching up to him. I would've preferred re-signing not only for depth but for veteran presence but it's understandable.