• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I’m looking at what he was given to work with though. When healthy, Bateman is absolutely incredible. I think he’s done a fantastic job with him. None of the other young guys (Duv, Tylan, Proche, etc) are worth a damn and shouldn’t even be on NFL rosters. They’re all practice squad guys IMO

I'm surprised Devin Duvernay just a practice squad guy and isn't worth anything. I'm just not seeing it though

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sure at returner…
But I’m not interested in him as anyone I want to see higher than 4th on the depth chart at WR or in certain situations

He’s also gonna be pretty expensive for a returner…
Oh for sure. I've seen enough from him. This makes the preseason even crazier now that I think about it because I don't think he or Proche played at all which now offends me deeply because neither of these bums deserved to chill in the preseason, but then again, our coaching staff was being cautious given what happened last season.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He’s done pretty great preparing vets etc on short notice who’ve then made impacts - think we should maybe be looking at the talent he had to work with

But also if he’s under threat then I think Dubb would likely just slot in and take over the WR coach spot
I think that's a good point. And I don't think he's under threat at all. I actually think the Ravens like him a lot. Will be really fun to see what he can do with a totally new room of guys in a new system

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Quote from Harbs about the WR room.

"So, I think you're talking about 75% of the offense is intact, and 25% – and it's all in the same room – will be new. The wide receiver room can be built up, and those are pieces we can give Lamar and give him a chance to really thrive."

Maybe it is crazy to actually take these percentages somewhat seriously buuuutttttt if an offense typically has 25 guys, 25% of 25 is ~6 guys. That would mean replacing literally everyone other than Bate lmao
We were attempting to draft a Wide Receiver in the 1st round last year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to do it again. That being said, I doubt they will pigeon hole themselves into drafting a 1st round WR. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade out of the 1st round entirely to recoup some picks.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
...after some additional thought, I think someone from Andy Reid's or the presentation Eagles tree is what I'd like to see in an OC.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Quote from Harbs about the WR room.

"So, I think you're talking about 75% of the offense is intact, and 25% – and it's all in the same room – will be new. The wide receiver room can be built up, and those are pieces we can give Lamar and give him a chance to really thrive."

Maybe it is crazy to actually take these percentages somewhat seriously buuuutttttt if an offense typically has 25 guys, 25% of 25 is ~6 guys. That would mean replacing literally everyone other than Bate lmao
I mean I would assume 25% basically means "WR room, TE room, RB room, Oline room".

Realistically, I guarantee they change up the RB room at least somewhat, and they'll obviously be losing at least one starting Olineman and likely adding a body or two there.

But yes, WR and defense will be the focal point of the offseason I would imagine.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean I would assume 25% basically means "WR room, TE room, RB room, Oline room".

Realistically, I guarantee they change up the RB room at least somewhat, and they'll obviously be losing at least one starting Olineman and likely adding a body or two there.

But yes, WR and defense will be the focal point of the offseason I would imagine.
Totally agree. My comment was more jokey than anything.

Probably one move at RB, one on the OL, and many AT WR

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would assume if he is actually released we would be unable to get him here. Via trade its possible.

But either way we won't be getting Mike Evans :(

well look at this ball of positivity

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
well look at this ball of positivity
Do you think there's a chance? Would seem that they wouldn't release because they know he's highly tradable. Ya know, AJ Brown and Hollywood were both traded for first round picks.

Evans is obviously better than Hollywood but on par with AJ. Maybe pick 22 for Evans could be more reasonable than I originally thought.

But obviously this is all contingent on Lamar signing his deal first