• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
Surprising that it’s Outten and not Kubiak (as far as we’re aware so far) given that kubiak was the playcaller iirc not outten despite outten being the OC and kubiak being the pass game coordinator
Outten got the play calling duties once Rosburg took over. Kubiak got the play calling duties while Hackett was still there and completely failing. So only 2 games of data for Outten but they certainly looked at least decent under him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I want to wait because I don't like the current candadites.
I'm personally very out on Reich, Bienamy, Leftwich, Martin, and Urban.

Don't think Reich stays for any period of time. Also most colt fans hate him. Bienamy.... the NFL has shown time and again they don't like that guy. I'm gonna trust them. Leftwich is a huge red flag with how bad the Tampa offense was given its talent.

Tee I have no reason to think anything positive. Apparently his college career as an OC was bad. Urban same thing, I have no reason to think anything, but would probably be happier with him over Tee given just how well he knows Lamar. Would prefer out of house though.

One of the reasons the Broncos' O started showing some life at the end of the season

Not much of a resume. He’s called plays in the final 2 games for Denver.

It worries me that Harbs is concerned about the run game given the sorry state of our passing attack. Hmmm……

• Haha
Reactions: cdp

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Surprising that it’s Outten and not Kubiak (as far as we’re aware so far) given that kubiak was the playcaller iirc not outten despite outten being the OC and kubiak being the pass game coordinator
We dealt with one K****k, I don't want to deal with another one LMAO. I'm afraid he'll say some shit about building a foundation followed by him saying sike and getting hired somewhere else.

Simba

Staff Member
Not much of a resume. He’s called plays in the final 2 games for Denver.

It worries me that Harbs is concerned about the run game given the sorry state of our passing attack. Hmmm……
Just because they ran for a ton of yards in one game doesn't mean he's some guy committed to the run game. Hardly got to flex his muscle on the offense as a whole all season in Denver, but turned them into something halfway decent in only 2 games of getting that power.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm personally very out on Reich, Bienamy, Leftwich, Martin, and Urban.

Don't think Reich stays for any period of time. Also most colt fans hate him. Bienamy.... the NFL has shown time and again they don't like that guy. I'm gonna trust them. Leftwich is a huge red flag with how bad the Tampa offense was given its talent.

Tee I have no reason to think anything positive. Apparently his college career as an OC was bad. Urban same thing, I have no reason to think anything, but would probably be happier with him over Tee given just how well he knows Lamar. Would prefer out of house though.
I want Slowik, Cladwell, or Kubiak

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
One of the reasons the Broncos' O started showing some life at the end of the season

This feels like a Harbaugh hire..

God.. I can’t wait til he’s gone.

(and are we only interviewing white dudes?)

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Yeah y'all definitely overreacting to this one
giphy.gif

That they are overreacting for sure...

Just because they ran for a ton of yards in one game doesn't mean he's some guy committed to the run game. Hardly got to flex his muscle on the offense as a whole all season in Denver, but turned them into something halfway decent in only 2 games of getting that power.
I was speaking more to Harbaugh’s comment. Lol

As for Outten, The thing is that we just don’t know. Not much history. He could be a fantastic OC. Who knows? He’s been in NFL since 2016, starting as an intern with the Falcons. Spent 3 seasons in GB as a TE coach. I don’t expect us to hire a top tier OC.

Simba

Staff Member
I was speaking more to Harbaugh’s comment. Lol

As for Outten, The thing is that we just don’t know. Not much history. He could be a fantastic OC. Who knows? He’s been in NFL since 2016, starting as an intern with the Falcons. Spent 3 seasons in GB as a TE coach. I don’t expect us to hire a top tier OC.
And you might not know with any of these younger passing game coordinators either. That's what the interviews are for.