• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
My personal preference is to have someone who's equated with the latter, we've already experienced the former.

That's understandable but it doesn't make sense for The Ravens to walk away from wanting to be a strong running offense. They need a offense that truly fits them as a organization/team that is just a bit more stronger passing scheme wise. That's what they had with Jim Caldwell and Gary Kubiak to a certain degree.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I wonder how well a guy like Todd Haley would work for LJ. I just think The Ravens need a really good OC that can help transform LJ game not just someone that can call better p passing plays than Greg Roman

Last edited:

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
That's understandable but it doesn't make sense for The Ravens to walk away from wanting to be a strong running offense. They need a offense that truly fits them as a organization/team that is just a bit more stronger passing scheme wise. That's what they had with Jim Caldwell and Gary Kubiak to a certain degree.
I wonder how well a guy like Todd Haley would work for LJ. I just think The Ravens need a really good OC that can help transform LJ game not just someone that can call better plays passing plays than Greg Roman
I agree with you-I don't want them to abandon the run, especially with Dobbins, but you can't just have a smattering of vanilla pass plays, especially in the playoffs. I think the Bengals are winning because they have 2 #1 WR'S, in addition to Mixon. And yes, someone to improve Lamar's game as he continues to develop, not just stick him in a system.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Todd Haley doesn’t have an impressive resume

I just remember how explosive The Steelers offense was when he was their OC and how Big Ben probably had his best years in his career. I don't know much about his coaching career with other teams even though I am aware that things didn't go well with him as The Browns OC. I know one of the reason why he probably doesn't have a job right now in The NFL is because his personality may rub people the wrong way.

Last edited:

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
James Urban getting interview by The Ravens for the OC position

1674574448046.jpeg

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I agree with you-I don't want them to abandon the run, especially with Dobbins, but you can't just have a smattering of vanilla pass plays, especially in the playoffs. I think the Bengals are winning because they have 2 #1 WR'S, in addition to Mixon. And yes, someone to improve Lamar's game as he continues to develop, not just stick him in a system.
Dnt forget about borrow

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Im not a fan of any in house guy as our oc.. urban has never called plays from my understanding.

He’s worth interviewing just to see what his ideas would be - especially given his experience in the offence and also with Lamar

Also not everyone we’ve been connected with has a ton of playcalling experience either

Not saying urban’s the guy but no reason not to interview him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not a fan of the whole "if we hire X guy he's just going to leave right away" thought. OK, then why don't we just keep Roman then? If you want somebody good, there's a strong chance they'll be gone after a few years. That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

100% - I’d rather us be asking who our next OC is next year because this guy was so successful than potentially be stuck with someone I’m not necessarily sure about

It’s especially important not to care about losing OCs if you’re looking at young guys too… everyone’s looking for the next hot young thing on offence and if that’s our guy then great