• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Imagine being a cop in Philly and you pull the “ grease the polls duty”. Another reason to cheer for Purdy and the niners

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
He used a lot of two TE sets which means he might be able to make the most out of Andrews and Likely being on the field at the same time.

That's one of the reasons why I liked him but he also can run a spread offense. He's can really adapt to what he has been given which is something Roman struggled with last year. I think he's the perfect candidate for The Ravens OC job and Harbaugh and Lamar will get a offense they both can like.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
He used a lot of two TE sets which means he might be able to make the most out of Andrews and Likely being on the field at the same time.
It was one of Roman's more infuriating quirks that he never worked out that you don't have to funnel every single target to WR1 or TE1, especially when that's exactly what the defense expects you to do.
Any OC who can actually call a few passes to TE2 or WR2 will be a huge upgrade.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Cute you think Peters still gonna be here :crying:
He doesn't need to be here. He'd have time to run into the stadium, run onto the field and punch him between Bennett starting his throwing motion and actually releasing the ball.

I just don't see a QB with the release time of a darts player having success in the NFL.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cute you think Peters still gonna be here :crying:
I think Peters knows his days are numbered in the league . I’m seeing a Jimmy Smith like deal inbound as he rides out the last year or two

Tank

Hall of Famer
It was one of Roman's more infuriating quirks that he never worked out that you don't have to funnel every single target to WR1 or TE1, especially when that's exactly what the defense expects you to do.
Any OC who can actually call a few passes to TE2 or WR2 will be a huge upgrade.
Do we know the plays weren’t called? Or is it possible LJ often locked into TE1?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think Peters knows his days are numbered in the league . I’m seeing a Jimmy Smith like deal inbound as he rides out the last year or two
I’m not convinced of this. I think he had some issues getting back up to speed last year, but not sure he won’t still rebound. A guy with his ball hawking instincts can usually last a bit longer than others.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

that's a plus. Would like to see these 2 spread around an offense like Aaron Hernandez and Gronk were

Tank

Hall of Famer
or even more likely... WR2 or the non-premier weapons were not good enough to actually get open lol

or WR1/TE1 were open...
Possible at times as well. We also saw some guys wide open get missed.

I just don’t think that Roman limited the pass offense as much as some wanna believe. I hope whoever comes in is as much of an improvement as is imagined.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
He doesn't need to be here. He'd have time to run into the stadium, run onto the field and punch him between Bennett starting his throwing motion and actually releasing the ball.

I just don't see a QB with the release time of a darts player having success in the NFL.
"AND THE CROWD ROARS WITH APPLAUSE!"

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Barring getting screwed by the refs, the Chiefs are one of the softest teams if they lose on Sunday.
Yea that’s how I feel too at this point, you really gonna let them beat you 4x in a row especially after all this absurd trash talk? They better show some damn pride, I’m so sick of watching this Bengals team win. Man I think the 2011 Ravens would just dominate this entire league right now