• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I am now just picturing the timeline where that lures Rodgers to NY, Brady goes to Raiders, and because the Eagles will not be able to franchise Hurts he walks to the Colts....
I don't see any possibility that Hurts leaves the Eagles. I don't think the Eagles FO is that stupid.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk... I never really considered him a candidate. If they are going to do this right, it has to be a younger guy. But even that doesn't sound right. He's not an old guy, but older school. I think we really need newer school. I'm sort of glad he's not an option. I'd like someone who will actually challenge Harbs. someone who might puch him to the office and take his job.
He was a “safe pick”Higher floor, low ceiling. I’m glad he wasn’t the choice . We need to continue to push the youth movement.

I’m curious how we sign the right OC with Lamar unsigned.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Idk... I never really considered him a candidate. If they are going to do this right, it has to be a younger guy. But even that doesn't sound right. He's not an old guy, but older school. I think we really need newer school. I'm sort of glad he's not an option. I'd like someone who will actually challenge Harbs. someone who might puch him to the office and take his job.

Frank Reich is 60 years old and the type of offense he runs is probably not far from what The Eagles are running now. Not many coaches at 60 years old get head coaching opportunities unless they have had some success at the head coach level previously in their career.So I guess you can call him old at the coaching level.

I think a guy like Reich would probably be more of a challenge to Harbaugh job than some young guy that hasn't called plays before and adjusting to the leadership role that a coordinator must have. I would love for The Ravens to hire a innovative coordinator but I think it's deeper than creative play calling that this offense especially LJ needs. Im just not sure if a young guy will really push LJ to be at this best.

Ravens need a coordinator that's going to really key on LJ playing fundamentally sound more consistent because it's happen two often since after 2019 where his throw mechanics start off hot early in the season then gets cold as the season goes on. I think James Urban has been a good QB for LJ and maybe his coaching has been limited due to Roman offense but overall I think The Ravens offense need a creative play caller at OC but also one that really commands the room. I think this is why I'm more of a fan of Todd Monken right now but thank you for joining my Ted Talk

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am now just picturing the timeline where that lures Rodgers to NY, Brady goes to Raiders, and because the Eagles will not be able to franchise Hurts he walks to the Colts....
Are you talking in 2023? Because Hurts isn't a FA in 2023. He's still under contract.
By 2024, Eagles would franchise tag him if they needed to. Likely he gets extended before that.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Head Coaches fired In Season:
- Matt Rhule
- Frank Reich
- Nathaniel Hackett

Not counting Rhule since it was obvious he was heading back to college, but how do the two other coaches who were fired get jobs before any new coaches?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
- Matt Rhule
- Frank Reich
- Nathaniel Hackett

Not counting Rhule since it was obvious he was heading back to college, but how do the two other coaches who were fired get jobs before any new coaches?
Well one gets demoted to a coordinator role, which typically get hired a lot quicker anyway. The other got a HC gig and Reich has technically been "on the market" for awhile now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
- Matt Rhule
- Frank Reich
- Nathaniel Hackett

Well Robert Saleh worked with Hackett before and Frank Reich is a very good offensive mind.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Was hoping Frank would land in Baltimore but him getting another HC position was always more likely.