• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
anytime you post on social media, whether is a fb site or beatdown it's going to be negative. I'm sure they were also calling PQ a bust as well and he isn't a bust at all. Everyone thought Bowser was a bust also and he is far from a bust. Just took until year 3 to come on. Last year Oweh was playing better once Bowser came back, it's just how we were using him. I'm also hoping Dr. Rush can help him as well.
I don't think they're TOTAL busts, just not worth their picks. PQ was not worth his pick, and neither was Oweh. Bowser wasn't a bust, but he wasn't a huge hit either.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Defense should feast early. Hope the offense comes out the gate clicking. Would love to blow out the Steelers. It's been too long.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think they're TOTAL busts, just not worth their picks. PQ was not worth his pick, and neither was Oweh. Bowser wasn't a bust, but he wasn't a huge hit either.
Why wasn’t PQ worth his pick? Why wasn’t bowser a huge hit? They’ve both been excellent players since they’ve developed into their eventual nfl roles. Growing pains do not make a bust. Idk where y’all get this shit from man, look at the players selected around the same time as these guys and tell me who the bust is

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why wasn’t PQ worth his pick? Why wasn’t bowser a huge hit? They’ve both been excellent players since they’ve developed into their eventual nfl roles. Growing pains do not make a bust. Idk where y’all get this shit from man, look at the players selected around the same time as these guys and tell me who the bust is
PQ wasn't worth the pick because we had to trade a 2nd for ANOTHER LB. Ravens wouldn't have drafted him knowing that. but yes, you do have a point about the other players.

John071

Practice Squad
Need some help on good seats in the house. (Usually I like upper deck row 1)
Can you see the field ok from the lower levels if you are over row 30?
Looking for some tickets for September game and not sure where to start. Prefer between the 30's at least. Thanks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Need some help on good seats in the house. (Usually I like upper deck row 1)
Can you see the field ok from the lower levels if you are over row 30?
Looking for some tickets for September game and not sure where to start. Prefer between the 30's at least. Thanks.
If you go to google and search your “m & t bank stadium (seat number) view” you’ll end up finding the view from your seat

John071

Practice Squad
If you go to google and search your “m & t bank stadium (seat number) view” you’ll end up finding the view from your seat
Right, but sometimes that is hard to tell since it doesn't represent the row.

I was looking for some first hand experience from the experts here.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Listening to his episode.. he mentioned a year where he thought a LB they liked would be there for them in the 1st. But he got selected 5 or so picks earlier.

View attachment 5400

I bet he’s referring to Kenneth Murray. We had a thing for drafting Sooners around that time and he was the one heavily rumored to us. My charger friends hate Murray right now, so it might’ve been a blessing lol
Meanwhile I would not be surprised if Queen was a pro bowl player this year and possibly competing for all pro (the latter being more likely tbh because of how the pro bowl works).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
PQ wasn't worth the pick because we had to trade a 2nd for ANOTHER LB. Ravens wouldn't have drafted him knowing that. but yes, you do have a point about the other players.
Most teams need to field more than one quality LB to have a good defense, and take note that roquan smith was drafted 8th overall and PQ went mid 20s, and roquan is 2 more years experienced. One was a developmental player and the other was projected to be the next great LB and they were both drafted accordingly, and shockingly both played out according to plan.

Adding the best ILB in the league to our more attack oriented developmental LB does not make that developmental LB a bust. Not being an all pro and making typical young mistakes within your first 2 seasons does not equate to bust

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Most teams need to field more than one quality LB to have a good defense, and take note that roquan smith was drafted 8th overall and PQ went mid 20s, and roquan is 2 more years experienced. One was a developmental player and the other was projected to be the next great LB and they were both drafted accordingly, and shockingly both played out according to plan.

Adding the best ILB in the league to our more attack oriented developmental LB does not make that developmental LB a bust. Not being an all pro and making typical young mistakes within your first 2 seasons does not equate to bust
I guess.. I just expected more out of Queen, but you are completely right.