• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Smith was pretty damn good minus the injuries of course.
He was a good player, terrible issues with injuries and that was my point. As I said hopefully Flowers doesn't have that type of career.

Last edited:

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was a good player, terrible issues with injuries and that was my point. As I said hopefully Flowers doesn't have that type of career.
OIP.jpeg

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also notably at CB - Pepe is on the roster to start and a vet returns... maybe a guy like Urban. I left Seymour off too but think he could get the vet PS, immediate activation treatment. Same with Worley potentially.

whats the rule again for when vets dont have to be subjected to waivers when cut. I know Worley's gonna be one. Hopefully we can do that with Seymour too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if this happens to him, then it is your fault for bringing it up and jinxing us

Simba

Staff Member
whats the rule again for when vets dont have to be subjected to waivers when cut. I know Worley's gonna be one. Hopefully we can do that with Seymour too
Vested vets so guys with 4+ years of service. They aren’t exposed to waivers so you can work a deal with them.

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Well hope that the off season work will very much do well in 2023 come week 1.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
There have been very few draft picks in the past that I've felt this confident about... Jimmy Smith (which was my first year really scouting) and Ronnie Stanley probably the only 2 comparable. Liked some other guys a lot like Hamilton, Linderbaum, Humphrey, etc. but Flowers is among the special for me.
He doesn’t have things he needs to develops like the others, he’s ready to make an impact now. Helps he is a wr who can be a schemed player or jet sweeps + short targets.
It definitely sets a good floor for his impact, and anything else we get early is just a bonus

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Bate’s been looking like a stud since his return. I’m so excited for these WRs

Simba

Staff Member
Brandon Stephens is now an outside CB per Harbs. We have a really goofy CB room rn.

Also JJ and AB each playing a half on Monday. Streak may be in jeopardy boys lolol
It really is a weird room...

Outside CB: Humphrey, Ya-Sin, Darby, Stephens, Armour-Davis, Seymour, Kelly
Slot CB: Maulet, Washington, Williams, Hamilton*

Wild how you can be 10-11 deep at CB and still not feel like you have enough. Of course 2 are injured, too.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It really is a weird room...

Outside CB: Humphrey, Ya-Sin, Darby, Stephens, Armour-Davis, Seymour, Kelly
Slot CB: Maulet, Washington, Williams, Hamilton*

Wild how you can be 10-11 deep at CB and still not feel like you have enough. Of course 2 are injured, too.
We probably have room for 11 DBs on the team. Marlon is probably gonna not go to IR? Meaning only 1 handshake deal for Pepe's spot?