• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
I mean we usually step in when a GM is doing egregious things.

But we've definitely had teams in the past where the GM has done a complete tear down and rebuild, but that's obviously a team in cap hell and/or a team that just flat out sucks

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean we usually step in when a GM is doing egregious things.

But we've definitely had teams in the past where the GM has done a complete tear down and rebuild, but that's obviously a team in cap hell and/or a team that just flat out sucks
And you could never let anyone destroy my Ravens, right?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We are probably looking at a Wednesday start for the Team Selection Draft.

could everyone please send me there email addresses via PM. We will need to have them for the google sheets. Thanks!

Simba

Staff Member
Two things as we get ready to get rolling:

1. The Saints are in pure cap hell and not much they can do to get out of it for the sake of this game. We'll have some stipulations in place for whoever is the GM of that team, but you'll probably only get to participate in FA for guys on minimum contracts. The Buccaneers are in some danger as well but they might be more plausible. Not saying directly with them one way or another, but they may get similar stipulations

2. There's talk of a revamped FA process. Nothing has been decided one way or another, but know there were lots of issues coming out of last year so hopefully the new idea (if we like it) alleviates some of that. More to come.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Two things as we get ready to get rolling:

1. The Saints are in pure cap hell and not much they can do to get out of it for the sake of this game. We'll have some stipulations in place for whoever is the GM of that team, but you'll probably only get to participate in FA for guys on minimum contracts. The Buccaneers are in some danger as well but they might be more plausible. Not saying directly with them one way or another, but they may get similar stipulations

2. There's talk of a revamped FA process. Nothing has been decided one way or another, but know there were lots of issues coming out of last year so hopefully the new idea (if we like it) alleviates some of that. More to come.
how is getting the Saints even fair, then?

Simba

Staff Member
Can’t say for sure, but it’s likely whoever is pick 32 gets them. Still plenty of tradeable players on that team though so might be better for someone that is mostly interested in drafting as opposed to FA

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can’t say for sure, but it’s likely whoever is pick 32 gets them. Still plenty of tradeable players on that team though so might be better for someone that is mostly interested in drafting as opposed to FA
Yeah, I mean I can see people wanting to do that.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah, I mean I can see people wanting to do that.
Plus we snake the draft for those with second teams, so whoever ends up with the 1st pick is likely the one getting the Saints, so they can’t complain too much lol. They’ll get their top choice

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Plus we snake the draft for those with second teams, so whoever ends up with the 1st pick is likely the one getting the Saints, so they can’t complain too much lol. They’ll get their top choice
who has 2 teams?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I had the Packers last year, which were in complete cap hell but enough where almost everyone needed to be traded to come above water. I think I did very well with them. I suspect the Saints will be someones team who either only participates in the draft or their 2nd team.