• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
When are we locking in rosters so that real life additions like the Carr move today doesn't affect our teams/caps?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rosters will be locked around 24 hours after all teams are drafted.

In other words... GET YOUR EFFING TEAMS IN PEOPLE....

Sucks because franchise tag players will already be chosen before everyone's teams gets in.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
So on OTC, how do we figure up the stars for each player? Do we take it from the APY, or do we add APY plus total yearly guaranteed? For example, player X has 2M APY, with 1M total yearly guaranteed… is the star total 3?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So on OTC, how do we figure up the stars for each player? Do we take it from the APY, or do we add APY plus total yearly guaranteed? For example, player X has 2M APY, with 1M total yearly guaranteed… is the star total 3?
no addition or subtraction. Under teams the last column is cap savings. Round to the nearest half million or half star.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
no addition or subtraction. Under teams the last column is cap savings. Round to the nearest half million or half star.

I'm confused. Under the contracts section, you don't have "cap savings". You have "total value", "APY", "Total Guaranteed", "AVG Guaranteed/year", and "% Guaranteed"... which of those is used to calculate total stars?

Or do you just use "Base Salary" on the main team page?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm confused. Under the contracts section, you don't have "cap savings". You have "total value", "APY", "Total Guaranteed", "AVG Guaranteed/year", and "% Guaranteed"... which of those is used to calculate total stars?

Or do you just use "Base Salary" on the main team page?
last column is cap savings. I'm looking at it now. You must be in the wrong place.

Click on Teams and then the specific team and you will see what you need to see.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
last column is cap savings. I'm looking at it now. You must be in the wrong place.

Click on Teams and then the specific team and you will see what you need to see.

That doesn't make any sense though. You're telling me you're valuing a guy based on cap savings, and not base salary? Andrews' base salary for example is 7.5 stars... his cap savings is 11.5 stars... He's getting paid the 7.5 stars, not the 11.5 stars difference it would be if you were to cut him. Using the cap number would be much better. Is cap savings not the difference between total cap number for this year versus if you were to cut the player?

Doing it that way is going to majorly fuck up the salary cap, if you were to use cap savings as the stars. Hell if you used cap savings Roquan would be 36 stars

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That doesn't make any sense though. You're telling me you're valuing a guy based on cap savings, and not base salary? Andrews' base salary for example is 7.5 stars... his cap savings is 11.5 stars... He's getting paid the 7.5 stars, not the 11.5 stars difference it would be if you were to cut him. Using the cap number would be much better. Is cap savings not the difference between total cap number for this year versus if you were to cut the player?

Doing it that way is going to majorly fuck up the salary cap, if you were to use cap savings as the stars.
if you cut a guy, that shows you what you save

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes. But I'm not asking that. I'm asking what a player's contract value is, not how to figure out what we'd be saving if we were to cut the guy

If a team cuts a player, they aren't saving his base salary. Remember they paid him a signing bonus up front which gets spread out over the life of the contract. When the player is cut or traded they have dead cap appliied, thus the cap savings is what the team saves. So if it's 6,5 million in savings, then you save 6.5 stars.

Read the Rules thread it's pretty easy to understand and @Sizzle you should understand since you played the game last year.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
If a team cuts a player, they aren't saving his base salary. Remember they paid him a signing bonus up front which gets spread out over the life of the contract. When the player is cut or traded they have dead cap appliied, thus the cap savings is what the team saves. So if it's 6,5 million in savings, then you save 6.5 stars.

Read the Rules thread it's pretty easy to understand and @Sizzle you should understand since you played the game last year.
he's not trying to cut a player, just wants to see their cap hit

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’m not asking about cutting a guy though. I’m asking total contract value for the purpose of the game.

Also, I understand the basic gist but this is the first time I’ve ever even seen OTC at this level