• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Broncos

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Behind in the division is one thing but behind in the wild card slotting is a completely separate issue. The Broncos may be there at the end of the year in the middle of the wild card race so we need a win here to get the H2H tiebreaker so we help our playoff chances.

Willie Henry provided a spark we badly needed. I can't wait for him to come back. We need him ASAP. Same goes for Jimmy, I don't like making the Jimmy Smith excuse but he's too good to not have out there. Once we get both of them back this defense has no excuses for not being as good as last year at the least.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zeus with help from a TE can handle Von Miller. Okay, maybe not handle, but delay and be a slight annoyance to him. Zeus just by making him have to take a wide angle to get around, plus an extra chip block. If Hurst is starting at RT... Miller might win that game just with his play.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Zeus with help from a TE can handle Von Miller. Okay, maybe not handle, but delay and be a slight annoyance to him. Zeus just by making him have to take a wide angle to get around, plus an extra chip block. If Hurst is starting at RT... Miller might win that game just with his play.
This is pretty much my only factor for the game. The Broncos oline is teribad, far worse than the Bengals. the running game doesn't exist, and while they have two talented WRs in Sanders and Thomas... Look at who's throwing them the ball. Keenum? The Broncos defense is a nice unit, and Miller is a game wrecker. But I personally think we can handle them.

If we make the smart decision to BENCH HURST

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Willie Henry provided a spark we badly needed. I can't wait for him to come back. We need him ASAP. Same goes for Jimmy, I don't like making the Jimmy Smith excuse but he's too good to not have out there. Once we get both of them back this defense has no excuses for not being as good as last year at the least.
Unfortunately, when we inevitably fuck up again, with Henry and #22 in the lineup, excuse will be Mosley's injury.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, when we inevitably fuck up again, with Henry and #22 in the lineup, excuse will be Mosley's injury.
Mosley likely not going to be out for that long. I know you have your irrational(and bullshit. That's NOT how the Perriman thing went down and you fucking know it) for not believing the organization. The defense readjusted itself just fine once we put the mic in weddle and not Peanut. Even the run game tightend up when we put it in Weddle's helmet instead. Peanut is fucking useless.

I get that you're angry but this hot take anger shit has to stop across the community. I'm guilty of it too, and I am aware of it and trying to work on it. But we lost. Get over it. I get you want Harbaugh fired at all costs... Not going to happen. I don't want him here either, but it is what it is. Even today showed significant improvement over last season. We actually adjusted at half time schematically. The problem? Well... the oline mostly. Defense was fine once we gave control back to Weddle. Offensive line plays well we come back and win this game. We give control to Weddle instead of Peanut at the start. We come back and beat this team. 2017 and 2016 we would've been blown out.

We have 10 days to prepare for Denver. A long-ass time. Have paitenc.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Mosley likely not going to be out for that long. I know you have your irrational(and bullshit. That's NOT how the Perriman thing went down and you fucking know it) for not believing the organization. The defense readjusted itself just fine once we put the mic in weddle and not Peanut. Even the run game tightend up when we put it in Weddle's helmet instead. Peanut is fucking useless.

I get that you're angry but this hot take anger shit has to stop across the community. I'm guilty of it too, and I am aware of it and trying to work on it. But we lost. Get over it. I get you want Harbaugh fired at all costs... Not going to happen. I don't want him here either, but it is what it is. Even today showed significant improvement over last season. We actually adjusted at half time schematically. The problem? Well... the oline mostly. Defense was fine once we gave control back to Weddle. Offensive line plays well we come back and win this game. We give control to Weddle instead of Peanut at the start. We come back and beat this team. 2017 and 2016 we would've been blown out.

We have 10 days to prepare for Denver. A long-ass time. Have paitenc.
It's not hot take anger - it's going on for too long.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's not hot take anger - it's going on for too long.
Last year I would've agreed with you. Hell @29BmoreBird22 said I was just as bad as Sami. Why don't I feel this way now? This team had a fight in it that I didn't see last year and displayed the ability to adapt mid game. Something we haven't been able to do since Kubiak. We got outplayed. Big deal, happens to everyone. There's only one clear weakness with the whole team right now and we both know it. You're just being ridiculously impatient.

I've been critical of the team in recent years too. I still think we're going to win this division. The AFC North has NEVER been easy. Cinci will fall apart down the line, that's a constant.

We'll see what happens. I expect the defense to preform better with those two in the lineup. I'm honestly just concerned about the OL and run game. Need to get that going.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We'll see what happens. I expect the defense to preform better with those two in the lineup. I'm honestly just concerned about the OL and run game. Need to get that going.
Honestly. There's a quick way to make both of those get better. We just have to play a legacy rookie over a clear cut turnstile.

Double honesty. We need to put Hurst right back where he belongs at LG. Alex Lewis is JAG, but he's ten times the player Skura is and I strongly believe that he would do a much much much better job.. The oline will get better once the rust comes off from Yanda. Stanley needs to get his head back in the game too. He looks like he's declined from the strong past two seasons he had. We have 10 days to fix that.

Honestly. There's a quick way to make both of those get better. We just have to play a legacy rookie over a clear cut turnstile.

Double honesty. We need to put Hurst right back where he belongs at LG. Alex Lewis is JAG, but he's ten times the player Skura is and I strongly believe that he would do a much much much better job.. The oline will get better once the rust comes off from Yanda. Stanley needs to get his head back in the game too. He looks like he's declined from the strong past two seasons he had. We have 10 days to fix that.
I haven't seen Lewis at C personally. I might've missed it but they've tried experimenting with it and had him there during OTA's but they probably like him better at G. Thing about Lewis is that he's not a strength guy and his issues lies in his lack of ability as a run blocker. He's a solid pass blocker but has trouble with leverage. I'm afraid we're not going to see much of a difference between him and Skura at C and it's probably better if he stays at LG.

I'm completely over Hurst at RT however. I know it's two games in so it could be judged as an overreaction but I see no benifit to putting him at the line. He's just not good enough and at this point I'd rather see what Zeus can do for us. That's just my personal opinion but I'm afraid it's going to take longer before we see Orlando Brown hit the field .

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen Lewis at C personally. I might've missed it but they've tried experimenting with it and had him there during OTA's but they probably like him better at G. Thing about Lewis is that he's not a strength guy and his issues lies in his lack of ability as a run blocker. He's a solid pass blocker but has trouble with leverage. I'm afraid we're not going to see much of a difference between him and Skura at C and it's probably better if he stays at LG.

I'm completely over Hurst at RT however. I know it's two games in so it could be judged as an overreaction but I see no benifit to putting him at the line. He's just not good enough and at this point I'd rather see what Zeus can do for us. That's just my personal opinion but I'm afraid it's going to take longer before we see Orlando Brown hit the field .
Well, whatever it is. We need to find a new C and do so ASAP. It's the one weakness on this team right now that we don't have a solution for and one that could cost us games down the line.

At this point, especially since Hurst was a key player in this loss for us, I expect Brown to be starting soon. Hopefully by the next game. Even if Brown isn't 100% up to speed, he can't possibly be any worse.

Well, whatever it is. We need to find a new C and do so ASAP. It's the one weakness on this team right now that we don't have a solution for and one that could cost us games down the line.

At this point, especially since Hurst was a key player in this loss for us, I expect Brown to be starting soon. Hopefully by the next game. Even if Brown isn't 100% up to speed, he can't possibly be any worse.
I hope we look at the trade market, I was never sold on Skura and he's not a long-term answer. The difficult part in all this is that the C position is one that's not dealt often because teams don't give up starting OLs as the position has become a huge premium. We lucked out with Eugene Monroe but I don't picture that happening for us again this time around. There's also issues with handeling the snap and the timing of it to go along with all that. C is really the toughest position to replace mid-season because teams don't want to deal with all that.