• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Broncos

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Heres the thing. This O line is

SOFT..FINESSE..
You may be onto something here with Stanley at least. I wouldn’t call Yanda soft nor even Brown. Stanley left the game but not due to injury and now that I think about it, that’s kind of a weird thing to do. Who leaves a game themselves and not due to injury? I don’t get that part one bit and it kind of bothers me if it’s not due to injury or something. You don’t leave the game because you don’t want to play. Not saying that’s the case or putting words in his mouth because I have no idea but it just makes me wonder why you leave a game but you’re not hurt

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You may be onto something here with Stanley at least. I wouldn’t call Yanda soft nor even Brown. Stanley left the game but not due to injury and now that I think about it, that’s kind of a weird thing to do. Who leaves a game themselves and not due to injury? I don’t get that part one bit and it kind of bothers me if it’s not due to injury or something. You don’t leave the game because you don’t want to play. Not saying that’s the case or putting words in his mouth because I have no idea but it just makes me wonder why you leave a game but you’re not hurt
Was it shortly after the penalty at the end of the game. Maybe he was pulled and put in for the whipping boy Hurst

He probably got shaken up and the coaching staff didn't want to put him back in since the game had already been decided. You can say what you want about Stanley but this line looks 10x worse without him. It sure looked ugly last year and the year before that when he wasn't there.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was it shortly after the penalty at the end of the game. Maybe he was pulled and put in for the whipping boy Hurst
I’m not sure but that’s a good question.
He probably got shaken up and the coaching staff didn't want to put him back in since the game had already been decided. You can say what you want about Stanley but this line looks 10x worse without him. It sure looked ugly last year and the year before that when he wasn't there.
Maybe I don’t know. And I would agree with that—the OL does look worse without him

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was really worried about the o-line this season and that was when I thought Hurst was just a depth signing. Zeus Jr. needs to be plugged in at RT ASAP! I don’t know what to do about Center as I am sure if inserting Alex Lewis is the answer.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lewis is mediocre at best, Skura is a liability. The primary focus this offseason damn well better be fixing this oline. I want us to acquire multiplie Gs and a fucking C.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah because drafting Price, Cam Erving and Ragnow has clearly made a difference for their respective teams. And it's really not like our best OL wasn't drafted in the third round...
A good offensive lineman isn't going to turn a bad team good. But they can play an important role in helping a good team. Ragnow or Price rather than Skura in the middle of our line would be making a big difference for us right now. At least we'd be able to run the ball.

Lewis is mediocre at best, Skura is a liability. The primary focus this offseason damn well better be fixing this oline. I want us to acquire multiplie Gs and a fucking C.
Lewis is not as good as this coaching staff believes him to be. He surely proved me wrong as well and we need to replace him in the draft or FA. Skura is a liability too and there’s no way he’s the starter next year. Brown will most likely be relied upon next year FWIW and that could be a gamble.

Ugh, it sucks that Hurst signed that extension because the team is going to be so reluctant to bench him now. Even if his contract and cap number is low, it’s still dead money that you have to deal with so no way they bench him this early.

It’s not like he was the worst guy out there on Thursday but RT is the one position on the OL that we might be able to do better with Zeus at the least.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
A good offensive lineman isn't going to turn a bad team good. But they can play an important role in helping a good team. Ragnow or Price rather than Skura in the middle of our line would be making a big difference for us right now. At least we'd be able to run the ball.
They've had a tough start though. My point was that you can't judge an OL by the investment you've made in it. Look at the Browns and Lions, they've drafted and paid a lot of guys yet still suck.

The Greek

Veteran
still too early to judge the o-line but they need to get it going very soon because without a solid running game we will struggle against the better teams. flacco should not be throwing the ball 50 plus times a game. it was also a mistake to not draft a rb as well. o-line should have been addressed earlier in the draft

The Greek

Veteran
10 days off to tinker with things so lets all hope we see improvement in the running game and pass protection. i would also like to see them scrap the stupid gimmick bs. lamar will get his chance when flacco is no longer here so until than let flacco lead the team unless it is a blowout like buffalo and u can give him some reps

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Howard was horrible. Even the freaking Colts cut him
I understand Howard was disappointing, but he played well as the season went on last year. Howard was better than Hurst at RT. Howard’s problem is he comes in out of shape. Honestly, I think we resigned Hurst because he is younger and has more versatility, but honestly, I’d rather have Howard playing RT now than Hurst, until Zeus Jr. can be brought up to speed. I hated the Hurst signing! I just wish we would insert Zeus Jr. right now and go through the growing pains with him. He can’t be any worst than Hurst and Zeus Jr. should improve as the season goes on. James Hurst is Kip Vickers 2.0!

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’m generally optimistic but I’m skeptical about the season with the O line personnel presently on the squad. We had the chance and ability in the draft to help the situation but chose not to do so. Huge mistake IMO.