• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Discussion (Other Teams)

Will The Chiefs score their first win in Pittsburgh since 1987?

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The difference is the raiders had a gm who was making decent draft picks and building the team nicely - Gruden hasn’t just come in as a coach he’s also running the personnel side

So you put the best coaching staff together and they’re like much better than this raiders team because they wouldn’t have purged all the talent on the roster

It’s Grudens fault the talent level is bad
The only player Gruden got rid of was Mack, and the team wasn't exactly dominating even with him. The only thing that team had going for them was their o-line. The rest of it was either hugely inconsistent or just bad (especially their LBs and Secondary).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The only player Gruden got rid of was Mack, and the team wasn't exactly dominating even with him. The only thing that team had going for them was their o-line. The rest of it was either hugely inconsistent or just bad (especially their LBs and Secondary).

he's got rid of 17 reggie mckenzie draft picks since he arrived...
there's only 10 reggie mckenzie draft picks left on the team and 1 of them is karl joseph who's basically hanging on by a thread

im pretty sure mckenzie is being set up as the scapegoat for a terrible season and will be gone next offseason

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's only 10 reggie mckenzie draft picks left on the team and 1 of them is karl joseph who's basically hanging on by a thread

im pretty sure mckenzie is being set up as the scapegoat for a terrible season and will be gone next offseason
I could be forgetting some guys here but I haven’t been too impressed with their drafting anyway. They’ve gotten some good guys but for the most part their drafts have been Ok to me except the 2014 Draft where they got two franchise players

JO_75

Hall of Famer

According to our favorite reporter, JLC says the dynamics between Gruden and McKenzie "have not been great" and that talk around the NFL circles is they would be shocked if new decision makers weren't in place before the 2019 NFL Draft.

http://nfltraderumors.co/raiders-gm-reggie-mckenzie-headed-towards-split-in-2019/

Shame, McKenzie was doing a great job building the Raiders and had them on their way to winning again. McKenzie is going to be a good GM for another team next year somewhere.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Speaking of the Raiders, MNF is about to be under way as former Raider Khalil Mack looks to repeat his performance from last week against a weak Seattle offensive line.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chicago faked everyone out with a hand off and instead a pass to Trey Burton for the first points of the game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
here's what's interesting already
this bears offence schematically is so exciting - so much great playcalling already - it's especially interesting is that mitch trubisky has not even thrown any brilliant passes

why is it that so many teams in the NFL can speed up their play and get the ball out quickly but the Ravens never seem to be able to play that way

man matt nagy just had an awesome drive
as i type this they score the TD

Jason Witten is one of the most dead commentators I've ever heard. Him and Joe Buck would put me to sleep before the end of the 1st quarter.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
According to our favorite reporter, *** says the dynamics between Gruden and McKenzie "have not been great" and that talk around the NFL circles is they would be shocked if new decision makers weren't in place before the 2019 NFL Draft.

http://nfltraderumors.co/raiders-gm-reggie-mckenzie-headed-towards-split-in-2019/

Shame, McKenzie was doing a great job building the Raiders and had them on their way to winning again. McKenzie is going to be a good GM for another team next year somewhere.
FIXED! Why we using that name?

he's new and he's not a natural - he'll hopefully get better

luckily boogie mcfarland is awesome
That he is, BUT I miss Tirico and Gruden. MNF just don't feel right with neither of them there.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
just a reminder that trubisky went before mahomes and watson
I for one was never high on Trubisky. Watson was my clear cut #1 and I hated all the other QBs. I thought Mahomes would only thrive if he got into the right situation and lo and behold the perfect coach for him drafted him. I straight up laughed my ass off when the Browns took Kizer.