• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Super Bowl LVII

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Artificial turf shortens careers. They just gotta get their goddamn grass right
According to JC Tretter. I’d like to see some more independent studies not done by paid NFLPA reps.

You can’t have natural grass in a doomed stadium. They’ve always seemed to have problems with it out there. They spend so much money replacing it all the time , even this Super Bowl was supposedly a special grass designed to handle the game and all the pre game events.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Looking at the holding play this morning, it was a hold. Replay angle was just not good and the hold happened as he turned around. Pretty clear grab of the jersey.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gooddell ruined the league, absolutely no defense anymore. Eagles 2nd most sacks of all time yet 0 tonight, fooled massively twice by change of pre snap motion. I mean damn

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gooddell ruined the league, absolutely no defense anymore. Eagles 2nd most sacks of all time yet 0 tonight, fooled massively twice by change of pre snap motion. I mean damn
Only going to get worse. Next is hip drop tackles, soon after any lower extremity tackle

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Eagles defense was just completely out coached. Fuck Roger Goodell in general, but this was on them failing to recognize the plays and Reid always knowing how to protect his QB.

As a side note it was hilarious seeing Mahomes with a leg injury outrun the defense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to JC Tretter. I’d like to see some more independent studies not done by paid NFLPA reps.

You can’t have natural grass in a doomed stadium. They’ve always seemed to have problems with it out there. They spend so much money replacing it all the time , even this Super Bowl was supposedly a special grass designed to handle the game and all the pre game events.
You don’t need studies, at this point the player testimonies and on field evidence should be more than enough. On turf, your ligaments absorb the entirety of the force generated when you plant and cut, on grass the dirt absorbs the force, if the force is too great the grass gives, but on turf, the ligament gives.

This is not a matter of bias, there’s over 2 decades of evidence on film.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You don’t need studies, at this point the player testimonies and on field evidence should be more than enough. On turf, your ligaments absorb the entirety of the force generated when you plant and cut, on grass the dirt absorbs the force, if the force is too great the grass gives, but on turf, the ligament gives.

This is not a matter of bias, there’s over 2 decades of evidence on film.
1.There’s definitely biased involved when this much money is involved.
2. I think the effects of field turf is greatly exaggerated.
3. I do appreciate playing on grass over turf, depending on the type of turf taking a hit is less painful. In my specific case, turf is a big advantage for goalies as it provides a more natural and less chaotic bounces when shooting a lacrosse ball. For that reason, as an offensive player, I prefer grass.
4. Nearly all my high school and all of my college career was played on field turf, it didn’t bug me or cause injuries… easy case for player testimony being overrated.
5. The real point was, last night was a bad look for the NFL when half their players were on ice skates in the worlds biggest stage.

Tank

Hall of Famer
1.There’s definitely biased involved when this much money is involved.
2. I think the effects of field turf is greatly exaggerated.
3. I do appreciate playing on grass over turf, depending on the type of turf taking a hit is less painful. In my specific case, turf is a big advantage for goalies as it provides a more natural and less chaotic bounces when shooting a lacrosse ball. For that reason, as an offensive player, I prefer grass.
4. Nearly all my high school and all of my college career was played on field turf, it didn’t bug me or cause injuries… easy case for player testimony being overrated.
5. The real point was, last night was a bad look for the NFL when half their players were on ice skates in the worlds biggest stage.
Lacrosse is a much different sport than football. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure where a bias would enter as all in all turf fields are a lot cheaper.

They need to figure out the issue with the grass on the roll out/in field. Probably a good place to start is to not paint it so much.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lacrosse is a much different sport than football. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure where a bias would enter as all in all turf fields are a lot cheaper.

They need to figure out the issue with the grass on the roll out/in field. Probably a good place to start is to not paint it so much.
The data @JoeyFlex5 and I were referring was a reference to a study put out by the NFLPA rep. I don’t doubt that field turf will likely be worse for you long term than grass. But when problems like this arise the NFLPA will always grab data that points the finger at the NFL owners. Especially when players are seeking damages, that’s the bias.

And yea that roll away field needs to go, it happens every CFP as well

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
The data @JoeyFlex5 and I were referring was a reference to a study put out by the NFLPA rep. I don’t doubt that field turf will likely be worse for you long term than grass. But when problems like this arise the NFLPA will always grab data that points the finger at the NFL owners. Especially when players are seeking damages, that’s the bias.

The owners will always have more power, for better or worse

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Team owners have a responsibility and obligation to the players physical well being in regards to the facilities they use. If we are talking about owners profit margins being threatened by grass maintenance, well you can miss me with that sob story.

We’re talking money vs the human bodies that physically put in the work to generate that money. I’m not siding with the billionaires looking to save a few percentage points on maintenance when they’re already practically printing money.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Team owners have a responsibility and obligation to the players physical well being in regards to the facilities they use. If we are talking about owners profit margins being threatened by grass maintenance, well you can miss me with that sob story.

We’re talking money vs the human bodies that physically put in the work to generate that money. I’m not siding with the billionaires looking to save a few percentage points on maintenance when they’re already practically printing money.
To be honest, i don’t care about owners or players.I just want some good football and don’t want to see people ice skating on grass. Save that experimental hybrid grass for Arizona State games or something

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be honest, i don’t care about owners or players.I just want some good football and don’t want to see people ice skating on grass. Save that experimental hybrid grass for Arizona State games or something
Well both owners and players are plenty rich