• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Super Bowl LVII

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To be honest, i don’t care about owners or players.I just want some good football and don’t want to see people ice skating on grass. Save that experimental hybrid grass for Arizona State games or something
I want good football too, I just think we’re more likely to get the best football when less players are losing their seasons to non contact injuries on routine motions on turf fields. We don’t get the best on field product with the rate of non contact injuries in todays game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lane Johnson on the Eagles got away with like five or more false starts. And if the Refs were really biased they could easily have gifted the Chiefs that fumble return for a TD.

there's a trick that a lot of the top tackles have learned that takes advantage of a loophole in the rules that allows them to basically get an early jump without false starting

every opponent the eagles have played has complained about it this year but a bunch of guys are doing it - he's just the best at it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Chiefs 77 mauling an Eagles defender..... but no holding call. Weird how that holding call at the end benefitted the Chiefs.... makes you wonder.

That’s not a hold in the slightest, rusher slipped and 77 finished the block and finished well

Yea that looked like a good play. Also WTF is going on with that field. AZ should lose the ability to host super bowls until they move to artificial turf. Same stuff was happening in the CFP

Good football play, sour grapes from an eagles fan.

100% a fine play - dude slipped but think johnson snatch moved him anyway and he may well have ended up on the floor even without the slip

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want good football too, I just think we’re more likely to get the best football when less players are losing their seasons to non contact injuries on routine motions on turf fields. We don’t get the best on field product with the rate of non contact injuries in todays game
Oh no, that's terrible. I care for the players there, they shouldn't be getting these unnecessary injuries

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looking at the holding play this morning, it was a hold. Replay angle was just not good and the hold happened as he turned around. Pretty clear grab of the jersey.

only reason everyone's got a problem with it is because it ended the game and robbed us of a potentially entertaining final 90 seconds

any other time during the game, no one has any issues with that call - just sucks that a call ended the game like that...

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's a trick that a lot of the top tackles have learned that takes advantage of a loophole in the rules that allows them to basically get an early jump without false starting

every opponent the eagles have played has complained about it this year but a bunch of guys are doing it - he's just the best at it
Michael Oher did it with us

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
only reason everyone's got a problem with it is because it ended the game and robbed us of a potentially entertaining final 90 seconds

any other time during the game, no one has any issues with that call - just sucks that a call ended the game like that...
Yeah wanted to see what Hurts would have done down a field goal which is kinda a bummer but was a good game otherwise