• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The ST Unit

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kenny Young and Mark Andrews were really good TD

The only bad thing was the ST start. After that the Ravens settled down as a team and went to work. If that punt doesn't happen its a total blowout.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's too soon for that, but wouldn't that be something
It’s not too soon. Aside from Denzel ward, what rookie defender has been better? Some guys could obviously be slipping my mind but I genuinely can’t think of one. And keep in mind, I said contending, not he IS DROY lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
damn Peanut got the game ball that means Peanut starts next week

Or they gave him the game ball as a going away present while the true starter takes his place.

its speculated to be partly attributed to how tough last week was and the turnaround he had

hard to imagine he'll start next week when he was replaced by albert mclellan on a load of 1st and 2nd downs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s not too soon. Aside from Denzel ward, what rookie defender has been better? Some guys could obviously be slipping my mind but I genuinely can’t think of one.

Derwin James, Fred Warner, Bradley Chubb, Roquan Smith, Harold Landry, Darius Leonard, Kenny Young, Genard Avery, Denzel Ward, Jaire Alexander, Minkah Fitzpatrick...

these guys all look in the mix at the moment

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The good: 12 for 12 in the red zone
The bad: the blocked punt
The ugly: the refs not calling the leap on the blocked FG

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Derwin James, Fred Warner, Bradley Chubb, Roquan Smith, Harold Landry, Darius Leonard, Kenny Young, Genard Avery, Denzel Ward, Jaire Alexander, Minkah Fitzpatrick...

these guys all look in the mix at the moment
Big names but Landry and Ward are the 2 that really stand out, the rest of them id say are in the same tier as young.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Big names but Landry and Ward are the 2 that really stand out, the rest of them id say are in the same tier as young.

id agree with that mostly

for me id say the hierarchy should look something like this right now:

Tier 1 - Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb
Tier 2: Roquan Smith, Fred Warner, Harold Landry, Kenny Young, Darius Leonard
Tier 3: Jaire Alexander, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Genard Avery etc...

Derwin James I think is the early favourite to win DROY (and literally as i say that he picks of Goff in the redzone lol)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
id agree with that mostly

for me id say the hierarchy should look something like this right now:

Tier 1 - Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb
Tier 2: Roquan Smith, Fred Warner, Harold Landry, Kenny Young, Darius Leonard
Tier 3: Jaire Alexander, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Genard Avery etc...

Derwin James I think is the early favourite to win DROY (and literally as i say that he picks of Goff in the redzone lol)
Derwin James imo should turn out to be the best defender, maybe best player from this class. He was a steal. But he’s gotta make a quick leap at a really tough position for a rookie, if he continues I don’t see why he can’t win it, but I still think Kenny young is on pace to be in the conversation

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Good: Flacco, receivers, Buck Allen, D
Bad: O line - our running game is totally screwed, Carr cannot cover deep, I can't wait for #22 to return
Strange: our ST - I'm not used to seeing so many bad plays by them

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Derwin James imo should turn out to be the best defender, maybe best player from this class. He was a steal. But he’s gotta make a quick leap at a really tough position for a rookie, if he continues I don’t see why he can’t win it, but I still think Kenny young is on pace to be in the conversation

agreed but derwin james i think is the leader in the clubhouse so far this year

The Good: Joe was on the money and played magnificent. He needs to be consistent with it and be able to string these games together. OL did a solid job pass protecting (Interested to see Film Study's take on this game). I really like Mark Andrews, this guy has had limited time with Joe, not much time in training camp, or preseason and he looks like a stud. What a huge hit, same with Kenny Young who is all over the place.

The Bad: Run D wasn't bad but it could be better, Denver can run the Football and we were missing some guys.

Ugly: Running to the left side still has issues. We need to fix this ASAP and it might require moving Hurst to LG though he did play a solid game.