• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The ST Unit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Willie Snead looks like an awesome pickup btw he's such a great outlet for flacco and the complementary way our receiving corps fits together is awesome

John Brown, Willie Snead, Michael Crabtree, Mark Andrews and hopefully Hayden Hurst but they all look like brilliantly complementary weapons

we've got chris moore too but the others have been so effective and we've run so much multiple TE stuff that Moore has hardly been able to get any targets

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
If only someone....anyone would have seen Kenny Young coming. Not a peep about him predraft from any draft expert....nothing on Path To The draft...not a word. something like the 23rd ranked ILB coming out....projected anywhere from the fifth round to an undrafted free agent.

If only someone had picked this guy out as his guy back in February. OK I'm done congratulating myself...probably.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Crabtree has to fix the drops. The last one could have ended up being costly.
Yet even with that he had seven receptions and made some catches that none of our WRs could make last year.

SSR had the dropsies when he got here too. Let him develop more chemistry with Joe

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yet even with that he had seven receptions and made some catches that none of our WRs could make last year.

SSR had the dropsies when he got here too. Let him develop more chemistry with Joe
Agreed, but the concentration drops are worrisome. The last one meant a three and out at a critical point in the game, it wasn’t a difficult catch at all.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The drops are going to happen with Crabtree but with the drops you'll trade off for other great plays. Accepted it when we picked him up. Like someone else said the group is a great good because of how they complement each other.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
If this line can come together and the defense can get healthy....
Snead and Brown are so good together.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If only someone....anyone would have seen Kenny Young coming. Not a peep about him predraft from any draft expert....nothing on Path To The draft...not a word. something like the 23rd ranked ILB coming out....projected anywhere from the fifth round to an undrafted free agent.

If only someone had picked this guy out as his guy back in February. OK I'm done congratulating myself...probably.
You put me onto Kenny young and I was on your side with him rather than @Lost_In_Translation s side. I was really excited when we landed him.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Crabtree has to fix the drops. The last one could have ended up being costly.
Brown dropped two big plays too. One through his hands deep left on what should have been dpi imo, and then the one flacco avoided the sack on third down and threw up a punt. He mistimed his jump and it virtually hit his helmet

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I only watched 1 play before stream cut off then i just went to sleep smh.. i see flacco had 40 attempts. We gotta get our run game going cause him throwing the ball 40x a game not gonna work
Bro if he plays like that he absolutely deserves 40 passes. He diced the Broncos on several drives.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I only watched 1 play before stream cut off then i just went to sleep smh.. i see flacco had 40 attempts. We gotta get our run game going cause him throwing the ball 40x a game not gonna work

the offence was well balanced today - we stuck to the run (maybe more than we should have) but we had i think 25 rushes today which makes it pretty much 40-60 run-pass which is pretty well balanced

not only that but we used the RBs extensively in the passing game and especially those designed short passes that are basically extensions of the running game

not only that but denver's 3rd corner went down and they had to play a complete rookie so it made sense to keep testing the the secondary all day

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s not too soon. Aside from Denzel ward, what rookie defender has been better? Some guys could obviously be slipping my mind but I genuinely can’t think of one. And keep in mind, I said contending, not he IS DROY lol
Oh, I didn't say he hasn't been worthy at this point, but it's way too soon for that. MLB's also tend to get the award, that being said, Ward is the starter on the Browns and Young just had his first started. That being said, it is going to be fun to watch him improve this year. It's definitely surprising, because the tape I watch on Young at UCLA showed how bad he was in run defense and the knock on him was that he wasn't instinctive.