• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Offense, and the Crabtree....

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crabtree was bad today but he wasn’t the sole reason we fucking sucked today geez

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Ugly: Marty and Crabtree. Both can walk home then be cut. Same old thing out of Marty, we need a creative OC who can take advantage of the weapons we have. Plenty of other OCs that can set up Lamar just as well as Marty and are better at their jobs. Also Ozzie should be the one to give Marty his walking papers, he gave him two tight ends in the draft, new receivers and we only put up 9 points? Ozzie should say, I helped you by giving you weapons and you don't use them, good bye. Crabtree can go back to Oakland and the misery that is Jon Gruden.

The OK: Still no second half TDs allowed but it was like Dean Pees all over again. Giving up big plays in the fourth to let the other team have a chance to win. Where was Jimmy at? I'm cool with keeping Carr's streak alive but after he starts pull him and put Jimmy back where he belongs.

The Horror: We played like crap all day, but the officiating has got to get better. I don't know if the refs are afraid to call anything, I'm all for letting the players play and refs keeping the flags in their pockets but the blatant holding all day on Suggs and the obvious hold in the end zone that should have won us the game being no calls was downright ridiculous.

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Okay so what’s with the overreaction here? Yeah the Browns beat us but people have been saying they’re improved for I don’t know how long and said if they ever get a competent QB it’ll change. Most of us even said Mayfield would be the guy to change it. I don’t know why people are now acting like we lost to the 0-16 Browns. They’re a good team now in that they are competitive. They always played us tough too, so this isn’t something new. Next week we go to Tennessee and have to take care of business there. If we can escape halfway through the season 5-3 and be 2-2 in the division I’ll say we are set up for much success. Anything less will be hard yes
The voice of reason

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
No doubt theres overreaction but this game was an absolute must win especially since Tennessee isn't gonna be any easier.

Good thing we can get rid of Crab after this season.
Yeah, Crabtree may have to go. He was not good today and he’s had issues for weeks now. It’s becoming a problem.

Theres no fucking overreaction. I don't see anyone saying our season is over. But we played like a fucking 3-13 team today and im allowed to be pissed that we couldn't score more than 9 fucking points. If we lost 28-31 I would hardly be upset. But we played like the fucking Bills today and that shit pisses me off
There’s definitely an overreaction here. I don’t even have time to prove why but just look at some of the posts man. It’s just one game and we lost 2 of 5. Let’s wait and see what happens at the end of the half season to say we can’t come back from 1-2 in the division. I understand being pissed—I’m pissed—but the Browns have a very strong defense so that’s why we scored 9. That and dropped opportunities, in some cases literally, by the offense.

I would say there's a bit of overreaction here but let's be honestl. Tennessee is not going to be easy so if you drop this game and the next you're look at 3-3 with a home game against the Saints. 3-4 and you're in a bad spot. Is there an overreaction? Yes, but can you afford to lose next game? Absolutely not.
I wouldn’t call TEN hard nor would I call them easy. I think we can definitely beat them though. I’m not nearly as scared of them as I was the Browns today. They legit concern me but the Titans not as much. I think we’ll beat TEN, not sure I can feel it though (lol).

Lol you think we can beat Tennessee?

Their defense is more than average, so we’ll score 1 TD if we’re lucky, waste 12 first downs by running for negative yards, and if we get good field position a few times maybe a fg or 2.

If THIS is who the ravens are we’re gonna go .500 again.

I think very very strongly that if we just fucking sat crabtree and used Snead, Brown, Moore, and targeted the TEs very often we would’ve won this game handily. The gameplan made no fucking sense to me
Yeah, I think we can beat TEN. Our game plan was bad, though, I very much agree

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i knew our days of sweeping of the browns were over soon as they drafted baker and denzal. Both looking like offense and defense roy.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That was a weak ass call on Moore. I’m not sure he touched the guy but he was moving away from the play anyway and was in no way involved. While the head official seemed to have his shit together the rest of the crew was terrible. They had little to know idea what they were doing.
I didn't even bother to rewatch that play. I was just so deflated from that call.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why do you say it's overreaction if people are pissed after losing a game in which opponent scores 9 points and our offense, despite having very good field position to start with for most of the game, can't score more than 9?

It's not like the Browns have beaten us by scoring 2-3 TDs and we couldn't match that. This was atrocious.
It’s funny you make that point. I would be more worried if we lost by touchdowns than a FG in OT. We didn’t just give up because that would’ve been the Ravens of the past couple years. Fold up the lawn chairs defense. We kept clawing away to win but the fact is the Cleveland defense played amazing. They were very good especially Ward. They had a great game plan for us and Marty just didn’t do well. This was a bad game for our offense. I think our defense did very well despite missing Williams. If we had Tim we may have won because of many chances for a safety that didn’t make it. I just think very highly of what I saw from their defense today.

i knew our days of sweeping of the browns were over soon as they drafted baker and denzal. Both looking like offense and defense roy.
Yeah, their defense is terrifying. Garrett is playing well and commanded a lot of double teams and scheming. They also kept batting our passes. That was really messing with us.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That was a weak ass call on Moore. I’m not sure he touched the guy but he was moving away from the play anyway and was in no way involved. While the head official seemed to have his shit together the rest of the crew was terrible. They had little to know idea what they were doing.

Kenny Young's block in the back was a terrible call. On that replay it showed Young never touched the other player.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Can anyone explain to me why we get our first round TE back and then we stop using TEs which has been what drives this offense?

Throwing to the TE and multi TE sets has worked for a month straight now, max protect and chips and dump offs with brown the constant threat, when Brown is covered the TEs and buck Allen make plays on the checkdown/2nd read, use The TEs and Snead interchangeably to set picks on crossing routes, it has WORKED BRILLIANTLY and then all of a sudden we scrap the entire basis of our offense.

Take what’s working, and stop doing it... it’s so crazy it might just work, but it doesn’t, ever.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can understand the one in the end zone, but the other two he definitely should have had
Crabtree has some real issues and I think it’s time we shut him down some. Maybe give him some easy completions so he doesn’t try to do too much. I’d just throw to him short and avoid any long balls but it sucks because you brought him here for the redzone and then he drops that one even if it was a bit challenging to reel in still a #1 WR brings in that ball.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can anyone explain to me why we get our first round TE back and then we stop using TEs which has been what drives this offense?

Throwing to the TE and multi TE sets has worked for a month straight now, max protect and chips and dump offs with brown the constant threat, when Brown is covered the TEs and buck Allen make plays on the checkdown/2nd read, use The TEs and Snead interchangeably to set picks on crossing routes, it has WORKED BRILLIANTLY and then all of a sudden we scrap the entire basis of our offense.

Take what’s working, and stop doing it... it’s so crazy it might just work, but it doesn’t, ever.
Great question. Someone should definitely ask Marty. It’s like after the Andrews catch that rattled him they didn’t want to throw to the TE anymore

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We brought in Crabtree to make plays in the red zone .
It appears this was a mistake
Brown and Snead however were excellent pickups .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Crabtree has some real issues and I think it’s time we shut him down some. Maybe give him some easy completions so he doesn’t try to do too much. I’d just throw to him short and avoid any long balls but it sucks because you brought him here for the redzone and then he drops that one even if it was a bit challenging to reel in still a #1 WR brings in that ball.
I’d sit the fuckface and replace his packages with Hayden hurst

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kenny Young's block in the back was a terrible call. On that replay it showed Young never touched the other player.
Yeah I didn’t like that one one bit. I also thought the penalty called for roughing the passer was complete BS. That was one of the worst calls of the day for sure

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d sit the fuckface and replace his packages with Hayden hurst
I agree. Use more TE and in fact I would do more long balls to the TE. Do some double or triple TE sets with Hurst and Andrews and Brown for the deep ball. Also, throw long more on 1st down. I felt that was stupid. Defense was stacking early expecting us to run